Really really p-----d Off (1 Viewer)

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Just been told our PROMISED Guaranteed Jan delivery of new van is not going to happen. And worse still they don't know when it will.
After all the issues we have had what with the 1st cancelled order, the 2nd new one blowing up after 15 miles now this.
We were sat in front on "The Manager" who phoned the coachbuilder who said the van chassis was there to start the build.
Makes one wonder if they want us to cancel because they know they can get 4 5 grand more if it's re-sold.
Propper propper pissed off with it all.

Should be a thread on here REGRETS. Well i really regret selling my damp Autotrail now.

Anyone know where i can get a good narrow boat

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Frankly, unless the 'promise' is a clause in the contract, with a penalty clause for late delivery, then the promise is as good as a Politicians Promise. In other words it's as good as the paper it's not written on.

Having said which, what would you do with a van in January anyway ?
We deliberately delayed our December delivery to March, it took the pressure off all concerned and saved us a winter of storage fees.

I would suggest you get a written promise, with a penalty clause, for every day after the 31st of March.

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Frankly, unless the 'promise' is a clause in the contract, with a penalty clause for late delivery, then the promise is as good as a Politicians Promise. In other words it's as good as the paper it's not written on.

Having said which, what would you do with a van in January anyway ?
We deliberately delayed our December delivery to March, it took the pressure off all concerned and saved us a winter of storage fees.

I would suggest you get a written promise, with a penalty clause, for every day after the 31st of March.
We are not going to be in the UK Dec and Jan. We were expecting delivery to the dealer mid Jan then 6 weeks registration as per the one we had to reject recently.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Perhaps not an answer you want to hear....... but... Hire one, or Rent a Villa,spain/Portugal ? let the dust settle on the deal in hand,keep your options open,something better may appear while you are waiting,they need you as much as you need them. Just a thought.
Tea Bag

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Hi.
Perhaps not an answer you want to hear....... but... Hire one, or Rent a Villa,spain/Portugal ? let the dust settle on the deal in hand,keep your options open,something better may appear while you are waiting,they need you as much as you need them. Just a thought.
Tea Bag
We will now look at other options. We are away from 9th Dec over Xmas n NY anyway. I have sent them a nice mail? confirming we will stick with the order. Ta Tea Bag.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
We will now look at other options. We are away from 9th Dec over Xmas n NY anyway. I have sent them a nice mail? confirming we will stick with the order. Ta Tea Bag.
PLenty nice 12 month old ones or even 6 months old now BOB,
I can see you in this me <Broken link removed>
owned by a certain nigel mansell no less :)
edit:
I was hunting myself after shift my Imala, and plumped for a nice Rapido could years old, feels much better suited to us.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Sounds like BS, manufactures generally don't hang onto chassis they turn them into Motorhomes within a week or two of getting them.

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Just been told our PROMISED Guaranteed Jan delivery of new van is not going to happen. And worse still they don't know when it will.
After all the issues we have had what with the 1st cancelled order, the 2nd new one blowing up after 15 miles now this.
We were sat in front on "The Manager" who phoned the coachbuilder who said the van chassis was there to start the build.
Makes one wonder if they want us to cancel because they know they can get 4 5 grand more if it's re-sold.
Propper propper pissed off with it all.

Should be a thread on here REGRETS. Well i really regret selling my damp Autotrail now.

Anyone know where i can get a good narrow boat
What did you buy?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back