Rally Chat Rallies - near plans (1 Viewer)

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Given the buzz around a potential extended advisory 'lock-down' for some of us, those over the age of 70, I wondered if people were still intending to attend rallies in July, August or the rest of this year? I notice within the 'Rallies' calendar these are going ahead as originally scheduled and I see some recent posts confirming attendance. Advisory or not, and our personal choice, we have decided not attend any functions that have a 'social' context at least until the New Year. Of course some rallies or camp site businesses may still be in an enforced lock-down themselves but if open I wonder if people would attend - or are we just wimps?

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
I would consider that everyone will make a choice, depending on their circumstances, underlying medical issues etc. Motor homing can still be used to self isolate so long as your careful. Not going to rallies etc does not make you a wimp.

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
substitute preservationist instead of the word wimp, sounds so much more positive and sensible..

p.s. that's me by the way, i ain't going nowhere, better safe than sorry thinks i..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I have been thinking along the same lines. I have only one campsite booked for this year - a week at Baltic Wharf, Bristol in September before it closes for good. (If indeed it reopens after this crisis)

Do I really want to go to such a densely populated place though? I am thinking not.

As for Moho shows, there is always next year.

Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
We’re booked at rally 23rd June at Porth Cornwall, apparently decision will be made mid May.
I did hear rumour of pitching every other pitch but not sure but there’s always 6 ft soace anyway.
I think it’s personal sensible choice, if no underlying conditions and going to keep to oneself then think it should be ok, we have to start somewhere but it is scary

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I think if it's allowed most likely social distancing will still be recommended as sensible for anyone. If you think thats a good idea going and staying in your van would probably be fine as long as you don't get together with anyone else !

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Small social rallies observing social distancing should be fun and easy enough to do.

Larger events or Show rallies, not for me as we need to keep the virus from Katie who is immune suppressed, so I certainly wouldn't be opening the tea tent. That is normally standing room only and you couldn't fit a custard cream between any of us, if you can find one, they go so Quick when Jaws and ludo are in.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Small social rallies observing social distancing should be fun and easy enough to do.

Larger events or Show rallies, not for me as we need to keep the virus from Katie who is immune suppressed, so I certainly wouldn't be opening the tea tent. That is normally standing room only and you couldn't fit a custard cream between any of us, if you can find one, they go so Quick when Jaws and ludo are in.
hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... custard creams............................................................

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990

What? Don't know what you are talking about. Custard creams? Never touch them! :RollEyes:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
So that makes a rally even easier to organise then (y)

Limited numbers so no problem parking vans with a loads of space,

No intimate social gathering so don't worry about a tent or room, as open air is best,

So just just need the lockdown lifting now,

Oh and a van;)

Martin

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
So that makes a rally even easier to organise then (y)

Limited numbers so no problem parking vans with a loads of space,

No intimate social gathering so don't worry about a tent or room, as open air is best,

So just just need the lockdown lifting now,

Oh and a van;)

Martin
What happened to the Flair ?
Phil

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I hoping Snowbird still runs his rolling meet along the mosel this year. I was looking forward to that.
funflair the Dusseldorf show hasn't been cancelled yet ????
I'm on lockdown in Spain.
This is the third week the building trades have been back.
Kids under 14 are allowed out with parent 1km away from home.
Hoping the test of us will get day release soon, which think will be restricted.
But onwards and upwards!

Dec 19, 2019
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Mohican
Exp
18 years
I didn't spend all this cash on my Moho to sit in my arm chair and look at it through the window. Even if I have to sit in most of the day and maybe take the odd walk. Having said that I will be waiting until neareer the time to consider any booking. Pedro x

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back