Rally Chat Rallies. Fancy Running one? (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Lots of newbies are joining, so I thought I’d explain our rally ethos and mention that we need rally organisers. We don’t have a fully structured rally program, preferring to keep it informal, and we rely on each other to organise rallies.

If where you live there is a place we could rally, why not host one. Don’t worry if you’ve done nothing like this before, we can help by providing an experienced rally Marshall to see you through the first rally. We also have a handbook that can get you started. Here are a few guidelines.
  • Rally organising involves some hard work, but is a great way to meet fellow club members and can be very rewarding.
  • We can hold rallies on any land we have the owner’s permission.
  • We exempt the owner from planning, and we have our own public liability insurance
  • You don’t have to “entertain”, all you do is facilitate the gathering. You can organise things like coffee or cake. You can ask for donations to defray the cost. Don’t worry if there is a shortfall, you will be recompensed.
  • Don’t look at running a rally as a way to make money. For example, if farmer charges you £5 a van, you cannot offer it to Funsters at £10. Strictly, Rallies cannot be profit making. This would invalidate our insurance. If rallies make profits for the organisers, then it is a business with all the ramifications that brings. For this reason, if you make a small profit the sum is given back to the members or donated to charity.
So you can’t make money, but you won't ever be out of pocket, and it can be hard work, however lots of help is at hand the rewards can make it very worthwhile. Please do give it a go, or ask a question here.

The Rally Marshals Handbook

Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
Second that Jim. As of last week we were newbies, now have new friends and even running a rally myself. Great to meet people, learn new things and most importantly enjoy life. Plug for my rally Woodside Field 15-19 July - come on you new members give it a try.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
And for anyone attending rallies. I'm sure any organiser would be delighted if you offered to help out by cooking BBQ, organising Quiz, Dancing or anything else you fancy. Many hands make light work as the saying goes. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Jim , it would be better, I think, if when one clicked on the Rallies tab on the blue bar, the Agenda view came up as default option rather than the calendar. The calendar view does not give much information by itself and one has to click on every entry to see what it says.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Jim , it would be better, I think, if when one clicked on the Rallies tab on the blue bar, the Agenda view came up as default option rather than the calendar. The calendar view does not give much information by itself and one has to click on every entry to see what it says.

I changed that yesterday, forgot to tell you (y)

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
Innkeeper is the rally field at Rutland booked as a field or per unit?

Can tents go on rallies?

Is there EHU available on the field?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Jim A bit of a dead cat bounce on this thread I fear, which is disappointing. :( I've organised a handful of rallys but always at existing campsites. Organising one in a field, which I think was what you were encouraging, needs a lot more organisation.

How easy is it to arrange for black and grey waste disposal in a field and of course a fresh water supply?

I know of a field down here which might be used but it is just that - a field. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back