Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Ok, so now I have sorted out TV channels and different satellites, can I listen to radio on Astra 2? If so, how do I find it?
I’ve searched the whole of the epg and ended up on channel 1750 ( or similar) not a sign of a radio channel
When I do a channel search on the TV it finds TV and radio channels.
Can I listen to radio?
I have a Snipe 2 and Avtex L168DRS

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
I don't know about your setup but on all satellite tuners I have had there is a separate button or selection in the menu for radio stations.
Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Our satellite tuner is built into the Avtex tv. No radio button on our remote, but having have a fiddle through the button I find that the button arrowed in the photo switches between tv and radio if @Allanm your Avtex remote is the same.

controller.jpg

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
I don't know about your setup but on all satellite tuners I have had there is a separate button or selection in the menu for radio stations.
Steve
Our home tv ( Freesat) has various sections on the guide for HD, Radio,entertainment etc. In the van, we just have the tv epg.
CCC, I can’t go backwards from channel 1, I have to go up the channel listings and 902 seems to be a foreign channel that has nothing on it. I’ll check if there is a radio button on the remote and report back.

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
Our satellite tuner is built into the Avtex tv. No radio button on our remote, but having have a fiddle through the button I find that the button arrowed in the photo switches between tv and radio if @Allanm your Avtex remote is the same.

View attachment 198093
Your a genius, we have the same remote and that button gives me all the radio channels. Thank you

I don’t know, university education, 18 years working in electronics and I still can’t work out how to use a tv remote!

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Your a genius, we have the same remote and that button gives me all the radio channels. Thank you

I don’t know, university education, 18 years working in electronics and I still can’t work out how to use a tv remote!

You flatter me undeserved as I did not know what that button did as I had never tried it until now so now we both know. Our new found knowledge will now make life easier for my not having trundle through channel after channel to get to the radio station we what to listen to.

I have the instruction manual for the tv but I'm male so what use would it be to me, a bit like driving and turning around and going back when you take a wrong turn, na !! I'll keep going.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Don't forget iPlayer radio. It uses very little data to download a program. A half hour should be less than 25Mb.
There are some fifty year old Sherlock Holmes recordings available at the moment on Radio 4 Extra. The announcer has a wonderfully plummy accent - they are worth listening to just for that. :)
This weekend there were a couple of Graham Greene dramas including Stamboul Train which predates the more well known Agatha Christie effort.
Finally, I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue is back on Monday evenings. It's the funniest program on both radio and TV. :)

Oct 17, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
40 years caravanning. New A-class Moho owners
If all else fails......read the manual or find a seven year old ( to sort it for you )

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back