Quote for Peugeot service.Unbelievable explanation. (2 Viewers)

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Good luck, you are braver than me, that is very cheap for a full service or is it just oil and filter?

But will the independant do the sort of recall work which is only done when the vehicle comes in for a service and will Fiat pay them for it? Mine also got a software update. But does it matter if it still works? :) I'm not being negative, just working out if independents can do everything.

What is on the service sheet years ago I had a Peugeot car and put it in main dealer garage for a full service they phoned me up to say it needed new front and rear pads. Went to pay and they charged me over £100 just for fitting I argued the point and got the service schedule out and it stated stripping the brakes to check the pads with an amount of time to do this. because I argued this I got away with only paying for the pads

joe

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Recall works can be carried out by the main dealer at any time and is nothing to do with when you have it serviced. If you are worried that by having the service done by an 'independent' you can always ring the main dealer and enquire if there are any warranty issues/recalls outstanding that need attention. When we bought our Smart cars that's exactly what I did and only 1 of them had any recalls/warranty work needing doing.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Good luck, you are braver than me, that is very cheap for a full service or is it just oil and filter?

But will the independant do the sort of recall work which is only done when the vehicle comes in for a service and will Fiat pay them for it? Mine also got a software update. But does it matter if it still works? :) I'm not being negative, just working out if independents can do everything.
I have a different take on this: if you go to a main dealer do they ask you whether you want a software update and do they fully explain what the update is for? I suspect they don't and as far as I'm concerned it shouldn't happen without the owners permission. I have two friends that had driveability problems after their vehicles were serviced. It took weeks and many visits to their (different makes) main dealers before the problems were resolved mainly because they had no idea that the vehicles ECUs had been tampered with.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I unfortunately took my van to Peugeot for them to investigate a noise and ended with one of the mechanics getting sacked. My dash cam was on and it caught him doing something he shouldn't!
Anyway, I was promised £100 off its first service, but it still cost me nearly £400. I won't ever use a Peugeot dealer again. Next service is due next June and it will go to an independant
Oh, and the reason I was given for its high cost? They had to change the brake fluid.
Now, I assume the brakes are operated by vintage champagne.....

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I unfortunately took my van to Peugeot for them to investigate a noise and ended with one of the mechanics getting sacked. My dash cam was on and it caught him doing something he shouldn't!
Anyway, I was promised £100 off its first service, but it still cost me nearly £400. I won't ever use a Peugeot dealer again. Next service is due next June and it will go to an independant
Oh, and the reason I was given for its high cost? They had to change the brake fluid.
Now, I assume the brakes are operated by vintage champagne.....

So what was he doing???

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
C
If I remember the video clip correctly, he was revving the nuts off it from cold I think?

Correct.
Heres the video..........

The service manager told me no damage would have been done as the ECU will not supply full power from cold....
Anyway, its done 10k miles since then with no ill effects, but the incident was logged with Peugeot just in case.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2015
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
Lo-line Coachbuilt
Exp
Just Starting Fifth Year
Hi john , see I'm too late now, but this is a garage that I think is very fair, in Fenton.
Broken Link Removed
Hi Chaser, I have had Simon Dean recommended to me by a fellow motorhomer who is very enthusiastic about the service received. I have a nearly new Peugeot which is under warranty and am concerned about the warranty being compromised by the use of an independent for serving. I contacted Simon and he has assured me that all sevicing by him, including the stamps in the service book, will be accepted should I need to visit a Peugeot dealer for warranty repairs. I also contacted the Peugeot dealer in Burton on Trent who offered a reasonably priced interim service (at 1 year old) for £139 with a full service at 2 years for £349. My first service is due in March and I'm not sure what to do. Will probably have the interim service done by the main dealer in case of any updates etc. and make a decision next year on the full one.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back