LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I have looked thru the internet for answers to a few questions but couldn’t find the OFFICIAL answers!
1 if I call in the first fuel station in Luxembourg fill up and turn straight back round and carry on my holiday for another 19 days, do I still have to quarantine when I get back.
2 can I fill up in Germany on way home (providing it’s not on the naughty list) and traverse thru Belgium and/or France without stopping (Getting out) and get back to UK will I still have to quarantine?
Check out the graph. Look where Luxembourg is??🤷‍♂️
2F861AB8-CFFD-410E-84A8-33F86E98AB60.png

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Someone has posted up a link to the answer but can’t find it.
Way home fine. Issue is getting diesel - if you stop but meet no-one then ok (so only person filling up and pay at pump should be ok) but if you have to go in shop to pay you would need to quarantine.

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
Andy, from what we understand, if you stopped at all & left your vehicle or let people into your vehicle in one of the countries that are deemed to require quarantine on entry to the UK (ie currently Belgium or Luxemburg,) then the quarantine rules apply. Maybe fill up with fuel in Germany (we've just paid 1.039 litre for diesel) then leg it to France for home 🤣

Safe journey whatever you decide

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
If you fill up in Luxembourg 19 days before you return then I am as positive as possible that you dont have to Q on the way back as you only state which countries you have been in for previous 14 days.
I think it is also possible to fill up with diesel on our van and pay at kiosk on the motorway in Luxembourg without exiting the van and placing a foot on the floor.
2nd example is fine as well IMHO

OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Someone has posted up a link to the answer but can’t find it.
Way home fine. Issue is getting diesel - if you stop but meet no-one then ok (so only person filling up and pay at pump should be ok) but if you have to go in shop to pay you would need to quarantine.
Andy, from what we understand, if you stopped at all & left your vehicle or let people into your vehicle in one of the countries that are deemed to require quarantine on entry to the UK (ie currently Belgium or Luxemburg,) then the quarantine rules apply. Maybe fill up with fuel in Germany (we've just paid 1.039 litre for diesel) then leg it to France for home 🤣

Safe journey whatever you decide
If you fill up in Luxembourg 19 days before you return then I am as positive as possible that you dont have to Q on the way back as you only state which countries you have been in for previous 14 days.
I think it is also possible to fill up with diesel on our van and pay at kiosk on the motorway in Luxembourg without exiting the van and placing a foot on the floor.
2nd example is fine as well IMHO

My plan is to fill up around Saarbrücken and drive straight to the tunnel without stopping (easily doable with 90 litre tank) my problem being my return train is 8.20am so it’ll be an early start🙄😂😂 But I will have a Jerry can only Any case. I can’t afford/want to be off work two weeks!!

OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Another question I’ve just thought of, suppose I’ve stayed in Croatia for my second week out of three and the day after I leave Croatia it goes on the naughty list, will I have to QT on my return even though when I LEFT Croatia it was in the clear? My god there’s so many variables in the QT policy🙄

OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Why risk going to Luxembourg just save a few cents on a tank of diesel?
Hi, I wouldn’t personally, but was going to before all this kicked off, as I like the area around Diekirch and Echternach. It has now turned into a hypothetical question👍

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Regardless of not stopping in Germany, belgium or France ,if France got put on the list you would have to quarantine as there isn't any way you can leave France without having got out the vehicle& in any case the mere handing passport to a French official & receiving it back counts as contaminated as far as I can see ?

OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Regardless of not stopping in Germany, belgium or France ,if France got put on the list you would have to quarantine as there isn't any way you can leave France without having got out the vehicle& in any case the mere handing passport to a French official & receiving it back counts as contaminated as far as I can see ?
So if France goes on the Naughty list, I’m Fubar’d then? 😞😞

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
You can plan as much as you like, but if France is on the list by the time you come back and they want to check your van it will all go to pot.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Isn’t the security checks done after passport control. As such putting you in the no mans land of not being in a country. Same as an airport when you get off one plane and on to another without the passport control required.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Isn’t the security checks done after passport control. As such putting you in the no mans land of not being in a country. Same as an airport when you get off one plane and on to another without the passport control required.
I m going to have to watch that Tom Hanks film "The Terminal" again in order to work out the facts here !!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back