LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
We're aiming to go to Puy Du Fou this summer. How many days would you stay there? We're thinking of going on Thursday and Friday and seeing both evening shows. Is Thursday's “Les Orgues de Feu” worth seeing if we're aiming to see Cinéscénie.

There will be two boys aged 9 and 15 with us. Two of us speak basic French, 2 of us don't understand much French at all.

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
Came across this brilliant place in June and only had a couple of days to plan, (So would do it better next time!). Stayed 2 nights on the aire, 0.5 miles away,but has a shuttle bus, 9€ a night,(pot luck if you get ehu).
Had 1 day in the park,(not enough. You need 2 or even 3 but obviously the charge is more).
Evening shows (extra charge) were booked up on the website, so didn't see them. (Would've been too tiring doing all day in the park and evening shows too in one day).
The bird of prey show CANNOT be missed...fantastic. Also the Roman empire arena show.
Download the Puy du fou app to your smartphone and use earplugs and every show is translated.
Don't know about the show you ask about but looks good.
You don't need to speak the language to be gobsmacked by the shows! You'll love it.

Jan 24, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Still learning 😊
Ditto what Wendy says this place is amazing and you will need at least 2 days there. Download the App and try and plan which shows you are going to see and what time. Its a massive park so be prepared for lots of walking although there is a little train but it only runs round a small part of the park. I would look at booking the night shows straight away as we were there in June and they were booked up until August.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I went there several years ago and even then 2 days was the minimum needed to do it justice. The evening show was spectacular and should not be missed.

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I've tried booking the shows but the website appears not to show any availability for any configuration of guests or dates.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
There is an ACSI site nearby that has tickets,,think a day ticket plus evening show is 118 euros for two oap s,,,,Had friends who went 3 weeks ago,,,they said it was worth every penny...BUSBY.

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Recently returned from a school trip, definitely could have done with two days. Fabulous place. I am hoping to persuade hubby to take a trip down in our motorhome at some point.

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
We're aiming to go to Puy Du Fou this summer. How many days would you stay there? We're thinking of going on Thursday and Friday and seeing both evening shows. Is Thursday's “Les Orgues de Feu” worth seeing if we're aiming to see Cinéscénie.

There will be two boys aged 9 and 15 with us. Two of us speak basic French, 2 of us don't understand much French at all.
Do you already have
I've tried booking the shows but the website appears not to show any availability for any configuration of guests or dates.
Unfortunately the tickets sell out months in advance when they go on sale and nothing left for this summer, however we had been advised they sometime have tickets on the door for that that day but not necessarily for the shows.

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Do you already have

Unfortunately the tickets sell out months in advance when they go on sale and nothing left for this summer, however we had been advised they sometime have tickets on the door for that that day but not necessarily for the shows.

Shame. I didn't know that they sell out so quickly. Disappointing that they don't state that on the website.

Jan 24, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Still learning 😊
Is that daytime and evening tickets that are sold out? In June we couldn’t get tickets for the evening shows but did get daytime tickets.

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Is that daytime and evening tickets that are sold out? In June we couldn’t get tickets for the evening shows but did get daytime tickets.

Just tried again with day-time tickets only - they are available. Thanks for the prompt.

Sep 2, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2015
We've been quite a few times, manage to do most of it in a day but takes a bit of planning:
  • buy tickets in advance if poss
  • in any case, get there at least half hour before it actually opens, less people, quicker parking, plus they let you into the first bit of the park and give you the programme of the day.
  • Use the programme to plan carefully - you will end up zigzagging across the park all day to get from one show to the next, but that way you get to see all the main shows (and come across other nice bits like the medieval village on your way through)
  • Take water and a picnic. First time we took a fancy picnic and set it all out on a table, but now there are more things to see we take sandwiches and portable things, then graze while we are sat waiting for a show to begin. Food is available but there are long queues and it is pretty horrible (but ice creams, waffles etc are readily available to keep you going as well).
  • Don't miss the bird show (friend who is into birds says it is the best she has ever seen, and has been all around the world), Romans, Vikings, indoor show (largest stage in Europe) and then the horse show if there is time.
  • You will be VERY tired by the end of the day if you have done it this way, so do the night show (cinéscénie) another time on its own as it is a late night
Hope that helps and enjoy :)

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
We've been quite a few times, manage to do most of it in a day but takes a bit of planning:
  • buy tickets in advance if poss
  • in any case, get there at least half hour before it actually opens, less people, quicker parking, plus they let you into the first bit of the park and give you the programme of the day.
  • Use the programme to plan carefully - you will end up zigzagging across the park all day to get from one show to the next, but that way you get to see all the main shows (and come across other nice bits like the medieval village on your way through)
  • Take water and a picnic. First time we took a fancy picnic and set it all out on a table, but now there are more things to see we take sandwiches and portable things, then graze while we are sat waiting for a show to begin. Food is available but there are long queues and it is pretty horrible (but ice creams, waffles etc are readily available to keep you going as well).
  • Don't miss the bird show (friend who is into birds says it is the best she has ever seen, and has been all around the world), Romans, Vikings, indoor show (largest stage in Europe) and then the horse show if there is time.
  • You will be VERY tired by the end of the day if you have done it this way, so do the night show (cinéscénie) another time on its own as it is a late night
Hope that helps and enjoy :)

It looks as though we can have two days to visit but won't be able to see the evening shows. I hope that this will allow us two relaxed days rather than trying to rush. Alternatively, we could do one day and save some sites for our next visit when we can get an evening ticket. What would you do with 2 kids in tow?

Sep 2, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2015
Personally, I would do one day and fit in as much as you can because you will all be shattered after the first day anyway, especially in this heat. Such a fabulous day out you will all want to do it again I'm sure.
How old are the children? Think about a pushchair if they are diddy, otherwise little legs might struggle with my Cunning Plan LOL
Getting there early is also wise given how hot it is at the moment. The difference between getting there 3/4 hr before they open and 3/4 hr after will be a long walk just to get to the entrance (and of course a long walk back at the end of the day).

Sep 2, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2015
Sorry, just spotted your children are 9 and 15 so no need for the pushchair :)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Shame. I didn't know that they sell out so quickly. Disappointing that they don't state that on the website.
we went & stayed at their aires which is very close (short walk) & seem to remember if you got an annual ticket which wasnt much more than a couple of days fee then you got free camping on the aires?we got talking to a couple that volunteer for a few weeks a year at the night show and said tickets sell out as soon as they're released in October for the following year. they said some cancelled ones go on sale prior to the show but we queued for 1.5hrs and got to about 4 from the front & they sold out!

Sep 2, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2015
We've never stayed overnight as we live so close, but the aire makes sense.
Agree about the tickets for the night show, we've only been once and managed to get tickets at short notice as I never wanted to buy them a long time in advance and then find we were sat for hours in freezing cold and rain (it does happen!).
Night show is amazing, bit like an animated Where's Wally I thought as there was so much going on, but for me the daytime park is the winner which is why we have been back so many times.
Whatever you decide though, you will have a fabulous time :)

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We haven't been for years but had a few trips when the children were younger, one momorable one with Claire on two legs, Matthew in a wheelchair and Mikey in a pushchair. Highlight was a little old french lady berating a load of her own countrymen until they let us through to the front to watch the falconry. She was terrifying. It was marvellous even then and has been expanded massively since.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
When we arrived it was sold out. But I was told that if I went up past the venue there is a small side road which runs for a few kms to a Chateau where the admin for Puy takes place. I jumped on my motor scooter and found the place (closes at 5pm). I went up to reception and the very nice girl on reception looked on the computer and hey presto, we got 2 x tickets inc the night show for the next day. Marvellous.
Phil

Richard Sanders

Free Member
Jul 30, 2018
Near Saumur, Loire Valley, France
Funster No
MH
Chausson Peugeot J5
Exp
8 years
If you have time to plan look up the Pdu F website and you can book on line in advance, look for cheaper days if you have the time. It's much quieter and no queues after School holidays.
See as much as you can, yes two days minimum is needed. Good camping car facilities on site for small charge.
We live only an hour and a half away.
But there are other good things to see in the Vendee too not far away.
Obviously not in the same league but not the same price either.
Vendee Tourism have good web sites and can recommend their Museum with a difference "Historial de Vendee" also if you have hyperactive kids with you go to Tiffauges the castle between Cholet and Montaigue. Real medieval war machines in action and knights in armour plus they get you involved. Lots to de here and you can do it!
File attached about Historial de Vendee.
Best of luck
Richard

Attachments

• Historial de la Vendée in pdf.pdf
    676.6 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
We've booked ahead, getting a little discount. 2 days booked and hoping to get some Friday evening show tickets

Tiffauges sounds great too.

We're looking forward to having a great time :)

Mar 9, 2015
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
We've booked ahead, getting a little discount. 2 days booked and hoping to get some Friday evening show tickets

Tiffauges sounds great too.

We're looking forward to having a great time :)
Don't forget to let us know how you get on and maybe put some pics on here. (y)

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
We’ve parked up in the MH aire for €9 a night and thanks to @gillnphil, met the nice girl in the chateau and got tickets for Friday night’s show.

We have 2 day tickets but did not spot that we could upgrade to 3 days for just €5 per person until this afternoon. Had we known, we would have visited some shows today. Now we’re trying to decide whether to extend until Saturday. Should we have two moderate days and evening shows or 2.5 easy days and 3 night shows?

Mar 9, 2015
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
If it's only 5 euros each I'd go for the longer option, then you know you can go at a slower pace and even see a favourite show a second time. Some people next to us at the bird show were there for the second time. Whatever you do don't miss that! Enjoy whichever you choose.(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back