Problems With Alde Heating (1 Viewer)

Philip greenfield

Free Member
Nov 24, 2017
Funster No
Hello, We are having problems with our alde heating. We have a motorhome a Bailey autograph 625. The heat is poor at cab end and ever so slow to heat up. It has been good in the past. The system has not been changed and we can't find a bleed point in this area

Any ideas please. Thanks

Philip greenfield

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Hello and welcome Philip

Are you on hook up or gas?

Most Alde systems I think can be used on both at the same time, ours can and is a lot better, but out of electrics and gas, ours is much better on gas

Electric option on ours has 1, 2 or 3Kw settings, could yours have changed to a low setting?

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Not alde but we have wet underfloor heating, truma Aquatherm. The book advised us in the event of an airlock to find a slope (greater than 1 in 8) park and run the heating. It worked, nose down I think it was. You have checked the fluid level?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Good point re fluid level above

forgot to add that our bleed points are in about 4 different places, a flexi hose with a plunger type fitting on the ends, never used mine yet in 5 years though so cant really help any more (y)

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
We have some bleed nipples for the heating under the front seats.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
As Above, sounds like you need to remove excess "air" from the system. Don`t know if it would be of any help, but because of poor design by the original installer, our home central heating system, was forever being in need of "bleeding". I fitted several "Automatic" bleed valves to the affected radiators, which has cured the issue. Are there similar which might be used on the Alde system?.

Eg: Broken Link Removed ???

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hello, We are having problems with our alde heating. We have a motorhome a Bailey autograph 625. The heat is poor at cab end and ever so slow to heat up. It has been good in the past. The system has not been changed and we can't find a bleed point in this area

Any ideas please. Thanks

Philip greenfield
Our Alde system has a booster fan under the passenger seat which can be switched on/off from the control panel.... our previous motorhome had a similar booster which had it's own switch nearby.

Oh yes, and w2f

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
If just using electric it is slow to warm up. Use gas to get up to temperature then run on electric.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back