Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Hi Ivy
Although of course I would like to take the credit, Most of this organisational work has been done by Nikki this time round. I have been far too busy running marathons, Ultra Marathons and stupid other races.

My name goes to most meets we do, but in all honesty, behind every good man and all that:winky:

Jun 26, 2012
ipswich suffolk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt pilote
Exp
2005 off and on
Hi there ,
We are new to the funsters and was wondering if there is any space left for the Christmas rally ,if so can you put us down please 2 breakfasts please
Thanks Robiebee.
:Smile:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Hi there ,
We are new to the funsters and was wondering if there is any space left for the Christmas rally ,if so can you put us down please 2 breakfasts please
Thanks Robiebee.
:Smile:

Sorry Robie, this meet is well and truly booked with many on a waiting list :Sad:

Still a couple of spaces for New Year.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Hello Funster's

Wow , what a day Nikki and I have had today.

We have been on a 60 mile round trip to Lady Hayes today to confirm and finalise all the information for the upcoming meet.

Firstly I have managed to secure a few more places and have emailed / PMd those that are on the top of the list and will works down the list as they reply.

The site itself, wow what can I say, it's like a top notch caravan club site, fabulous facilities even a washing machine. I have checked out the meeting points and the bar we have use of is something else, as well as the bar, there is a soft play area that can take adults :winky: as we'll as a lighting up dance floor.

obviously being a bar we won't be able to take our own drink in but prices seem reasonable, the landlord I hear is very accommodating.

The bistro where we are having breakfast on Sunday morning seems rather nice. I have met with the owners and negotiated a breakfast for a fiver, this will be the normal bacon egg sausage hash brown fried bread tomatoes beans. There may be a wait on the Breakfast so we will need patience but the owners tell me the wait will be worth it. :thumb: Vegitarian option available at same cost

All pitches are hard standing, with electric and water. These pitches sell for ÂŁ22 in the summer so ÂŁ11 pn sounds like we have hit the jackpot. It's been years since we stayed on a site like this with so many facilities,we simply would not use them anymore as I feel they are more for the tugger community.

Taxis in to the train station are ÂŁ5 and a return to chester on the train is ÂŁ5-20 therefore based on 4 sharing your looking at ÂŁ7 door to door return.

There will be a few seasonal campers on the site but generally we will have the run of the site. However, noise must be minimum after 10-30 , dogs must be on leads at all times.

We are split between all four areas of the site and I will try and pitch people with whom I known they know. However, I'm not a mind reader and you could always meet someone new. Nikki and I will be pitched on number 38 or 40 so we will be right at the entrance. You will need to book in at the site entrance whereby Alex will give you your swipe for the showers etc and then direct you to Nikki and I where we will show you to your pitch. You will be paying Alex direct and therefore cards are welcome.

If you wish to stay on longer after the rally, you may do so at the rally rate :thumb:

So there are the details, I will add the new list to the bottom of this as soon as people that I have PMd on the waiting list have come back to me.

Looks like this is going to be a real cracker.....

CAN YOU PLEASE START PMING ME YOUR ARRIVAL DAY APPROX TIME AND CONFIRM HOW MANY FOR BREAKFAST :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
hello Funster's

We have been on a 60 mile round trip to Lady Hayes today to confirm and finalise all the information for the upcoming meet.

Firstly I have managed to secure a few more places and have emailed / PMd those that are on the top of the list and will works down the list as they reply.

The site itself, wow what can I say, it's like a top notch caravan club site, fabulous facilities even a washing machine. I have checked out the meeting points and the bar we have use of is something else, as well as the bar, there is a soft play area that can take adults :winky: as we'll as a lighting up dance floor.

obviously being a bar we won't be able to take our own drink in but prices seem reasonable, the landlord I hear is very accommodating.

The bistro where we are having breakfast on Sunday morning seems rather nice. I have met with the owners and negotiated a breakfast for a fiver, this will be the normal bacon egg sausage hash brown fried bread tomatoes beans. There may be a wait on the Breakfast so we will need patience but the owners tell me the wait will be worth it. :thumb: Vegitarian option available at same cost

All pitches are hard standing, with electric and water. These pitches sell for ÂŁ22 in the summer so ÂŁ11 pn sounds like we have hit the jackpot. It's been years since we stayed on a site like this with so many facilities,we simply would not use them anymore as I feel they are more for the tugger community.

Taxis in to the train station are ÂŁ5 and a return to chester on the train is ÂŁ5-20 therefore based on 4 sharing your looking at ÂŁ7 door to door return.

There will be a few seasonal campers on the site but generally we will have the run of the site. However, noise must be minimum after 10-30 , dogs must be on leads at all times.

We are split between all four areas of the site and I will try and pitch people with whom I known they know. However, I'm not a mind reader and you could always meet someone new. Nikki and I will be pitched on number 38 or 40 so we will be right at the entrance. You will need to book in at the site entrance whereby Alex will give you your swipe for the showers etc and then direct you to Nikki and I where we will show you to your pitch. You will be paying Alex direct and therefore cards are welcome.

If you wish to stay on longer after the rally, you may do so at the rally rate :thumb:

So there are the details, I will add the new list to the bottom of this as soon as people that I have PMd on the waiting list have come back to me.

CAN YOU PLEASE START PMING ME YOUR ARRIVAL DAY APPROX TIME AND CONFIRM HOW MANY FOR BREAKFAST :thumb:

1 Haganap Thursday
2 Jim
3 Hampers
4 Hutchies
5 Cls
6 Little Kath
7 MFH27748
8 Forrestboy
9 Elvis Saturday
10 Toledo
11 Peteansal
12 Edgy
13 Beer drinker
14 Max's dad
15 Archie 2000
16 Janine&Barrie
17 Ash
18 Drago35
19 Family guy
20 Loujess
21 Monsi
22 Bungy Thursday & Assisting the Marshalls in making drinks & playing pool
23 Teleman saturday
24 Blondie
25 Yoolies
26 Marrood
27 Lunarman
28 Simi
29 Really Retired
30 Welshbois.
31 Johnstey Thursday
32 Jag Thursday
33 Jock & Rita
34- Awaiting confirmation
35- Awaiting Confirmation

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Hello Funster's

Although we cannot be there due to work commitments we are back to Lady Heyes on this coming Wed for 3 days. This will be our 3rd visit in the last 4 weeks. Love the place. Just like to confirm that Haganap is spot on with his description of the place. We had a evening meal in the Bistro - really nice.
There is the Travellers Rest half mile away which does superb food, Chinese Delight is also good, taxi down for about ÂŁ6, all the craft shops are good, must go in the candle shop (Bob Carolgees spit the dog) wife will be buying more Christmassy stuff.
Pitch 40 is our spot when we are there, nearest for showers using wheelchair. Alex and staff are really good.

Sure that everyone will enjoy it:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
hello Funster's

1 Haganap Thursday
2 Jim
3 Hampers. Thursday
4 Hutchies
5 Cls
6 Little Kath
7 MFH27748
8 Forrestboy
9 Elvis Saturday
10 Toledo
11 Peteansal
12 Edgy
13 Beer drinker
14 Max's dad
15 Archie 2000
16 Janine&Barrie
17 Ash
18 Drago35
19 Family guy
20 Loujess
21 Monsi
23 Teleman saturday
24 Blondie
25 Yoolies
26 Marrood
27 Lunarman
28 Simi
29 Really Retired
30 Welshbois.
31 Johnstey Thursday
32 Jag Thursday
33 Jock & Rita

slverdreamers

Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
Christmas Rally.

Thank you for contacting us, unfortunately, in the meantime, our daughter has arranged a pre Christmas meal, on the Sunday, as they are jetting off to Goa for Christmas, so we won't be able to join you. It is a shame as this meal was only booked last week, but our names will be mud if we don't go.
Thanks for contacting us
regards Peter & Glynis

hello Funster's

1 Haganap Thursday
2 Jim
3 Hampers. Thursday
4 Hutchies
5 Cls
6 Little Kath
7 MFH27748
8 Forrestboy
9 Elvis Saturday
10 Toledo
11 Peteansal
12 Edgy
13 Beer drinker
14 Max's dad
15 Archie 2000
16 Janine&Barrie
17 Ash
18 Drago35
19 Family guy
20 Loujess
21 Monsi
23 Teleman saturday
24 Blondie
25 Yoolies
26 Marrood
27 Lunarman
28 Simi
29 Really Retired
30 Welshbois.
31 Johnstey Thursday
32 Jag Thursday
33 Jock & Rita

slverdreamers

Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
Christmas Rally.

Thank you for contacting us, unfortunately, in the meantime, our daughter has arranged a pre Christmas meal, on the Sunday, as they are jetting off to Goa for Christmas, so we won't be able to join you. It is a shame as this meal was only booked last week, but our names will be mud if we don't go.
Thanks for contacting us
regards Peter & Glynis

hello Funster's

1 Haganap Thursday
2 Jim
3 Hampers. Thursday
4 Hutchies
5 Cls
6 Little Kath
7 MFH27748
8 Forrestboy
9 Elvis Saturday
10 Toledo
11 Peteansal
12 Edgy
13 Beer drinker
14 Max's dad
15 Archie 2000
16 Janine&Barrie
17 Ash
18 Drago35
19 Family guy
20 Loujess
21 Monsi
23 Teleman saturday
24 Blondie
25 Yoolies
26 Marrood
27 Lunarman
28 Simi
29 Really Retired
30 Welshbois.
31 Johnstey Thursday
32 Jag Thursday
33 Jock & Rita

Nov 21, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A class
Exp
since 2007
Arrival date.

Yoolies (25) will arrive Thursday about 14.00. Please park us with Blondie (24) ( Pete & Di) and book 4 breakfasts. Looking forward to seeing everybody again.
Jim & Marion

Last edited:
OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
hello Funster's

1 Haganap Thursday
2 Jim
3 Hampers. Thursday
4 Hutchies
5 Cls
6 Little Kath
7 MFH27748
8 Forrestboy
9 Elvis Saturday
10 Toledo
11 Peteansal
12 Edgy
13 Beer drinker
14 Max's dad
15 Archie 2000
16 Janine&Barrie
17 Ash
18 Drago35
19 Family guy
20 Loujess
21 Monsi
23 Teleman saturday
24 Blondie
25 Yoolies
26 Marrood
27 Lunarman
28 Simi
29 Really Retired
30 Welshbois.
31 Johnstey Thursday
32 Jag Thursday
33 Jock & Rita
34- Lyndon Rv :thumb:

Jul 27, 2007
West Yorks occasionally
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 560L
Exp
Since 2007
ETA

Hi Paul,

Just confirming Yoolies post, we should be arriving around 2.00pm on Thursday as well.
We are assuming 2 of the breakfasts Jim has ordered are for us::bigsmile:

Many thanks :thumb:

Pete & Di.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
hello Funster's

1 Haganap (Thursday)
2 Jim
3 Christmas Hampers. (Thursday)
4 Hutchies (Thursday)
5 ClS
6 Little Kath
7 MFH27748
8 Forrestboy
9 Elvis (Saturday)
10 Toledo
11 Peteansal
12 Edgy
13 Beer drinker
14 Max's dad
15 Archie 2000
16 Janine&Barrie (Thursday)
17 Ash (Thursday)
18 Drago35
19 Family guy
20 Loujess (Thursday)
21 Monsi
22 Bungy (Thursday) & Assisting the Marshalls in making drinks & playing pool
23 Teleman (saturday)
24 Blondie (Thursday)
25 Yoolies (Thursday)
26 Marrood
27 Lunarman (Thursday)
28 Simi (Thursday)
29 Really Retired
30 Welshbois. (Friday)
31 Johnstey (Thursday)
32 Jag (Thursday)
33 Jock & Rita (Thursday)
34- Lyndon Rv (Friday)
35- Merrick (Saturday)

Just 16 needed to confirm time of arrival and belly buster breakfasts :thumb:

Feb 9, 2011
Lytham
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
What a shame its fully booked:cry: Is it possible to book direct with the site to attend the meet? :thumb:

Dave

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
What a shame its fully booked:cry: Is it possible to book direct with the site to attend the meet? :thumb:

Dave

Hi Dave not at the moment I'm afraid, will bear you in mind though if any cancelations come in :thumb:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
We will be arriving on Thursday. And can you book us in for 2 breakfast please :Smile:

Ok, two bowls of Special K it is then. :thumb:

Ya best mate says he dont want ya getting fat before skiing. :Cool:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp

1 Haganap (Thursday)
2 Jim
3 Christmas Hampers. (Thursday)
4 Hutchies (Thursday)
5 ClS
6 Little Kath
7 MFH27748
8 Forrestboy (Thursday)
9 Elvis (Saturday)
10 Toledo
11 Peteansal
12 Edgy
13 Beer drinker
14 Max's dad Thursday
15 Archie 2000 Thursday
16 Janine&Barrie (Thursday)
17 Ash (Thursday)
18 Drago35 (Friday)
19 teddybard thursday
20 Loujess (Thursday)
21 Monsi (Thurday)
22 Bungy (Thursday) & Assisting the Marshalls in making drinks & playing pool
23 Teleman (saturday)
24 Blondie (Thursday)
25 Yoolies (Thursday)
26 Marrood
27 Lunarman (Thursday)
28 Simi (Thursday)
29 Really Retired
30 Welshbois. (Friday)
31 Johnstey (Thursday)
32 Jag (Thursday)
33 Jock & Rita (Thursday)
34- Lyndon Rv (Friday)
35- Merrick (Saturday)

Adding Teddybard to the list at number 19...

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Hi I am awaitng confirmation from the following people. Please excuse me if you have replied and I have lost it but would the following----

Beerdrinker1
Welshbois
Toledo
Peteansal

Please inform me of there expected day of arrival and whether or not you want a breakfast on the Sunday.

Many Thanks--

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
hi

:thumb:We will be arriving Thursday at around 6 to 7 ish :thumb: 2 for breakfast

THANKS

petensal

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2012
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Since Sept 2009
Hi,
We will be arriving Thursday evening and could you put us down for 2 breakfasts please :Smile:

Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back