Positive. (nothing negative please) (1 Viewer)

Jul 22, 2017
Taunton, Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Starting to understand
In these days of negative journalism & reporters, why dont we have a positive thread, & try & cheer ourselves & everybody else up. Here's something good to look forward too, i predict that this time next year ( maybe even this year) we will all be off in our pride & joys to far flung places & 2020 will be a bad memory. Roll on camp sites opening (if you use them) & ice creams at the beach, building sandcastles, or maybe just a pint or g & t at your local.:giggle::giggle::cool::cool:(y)(y)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
My 13 and 15 year old Grandkids, who live with us full time..

ARE STILL ALIVE :rofl:

Not bad considering they have been housebound since mid March..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Since 2016 and caravanning before that
I agree with you. Write 2020 off and look forward to next year. After all people have had in worse in the past, as I've said previously no one is dropping bombs on us.
There were things we really wanted to do this year which aren't going to happen, some will be next year but some have gone for good. So be it. Disappointment doesn't kill you.
Roll on 2021.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
With being stuck at home with the lockdown I managed to build a sort of slabed patio area in front of my shed..
First time i have tried brick / slab laying.
Now awaiting a sign as i have called it "Covid Terrace". (y)

ps.. YES I know the shed needs painting, thats this weeks job. :cool:

IMG_20200530_100741.jpg
IMG_20200530_100850.jpg

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
My 13 and 15 year old Grandkids, who live with us full time..

ARE STILL ALIVE :rofl:
How could you tell?
(Did you spot movement under the duvet or find empty crisp packets under the bed?)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
Summer house completed, garden tidied and all rubbish gone, MH washed, stocked & ready to roll,
And yesterday celebrated our Ruby wedding anniversary with my wonderful wife
Recovering well from this virus, and slowly getting back to normal by completing those jobs above
Life is not too bad at present

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
If I'm being positive: then we have lost no one in circle of family and friends, even FIL is in good health and we are going see our daughter in London on Wednesday. The sun is shining and we have the first social event since lockdown booked for Friday. Oh and I have a loaf in the oven as well.

This is strange for me, because I'm a pessimist. A pessimist is always receiving good news whereas an optimist is always being disappointed :winky:

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
I'm on my third go at retirement and thinking I may go back to work
Me too - I keep handing my notice in and then agreeing to stop for one more project - hubby just raises his eyebrow now - he ran away from work first opportunity he got and never looked back!

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Today is the last day of travel restrictions in France, and campsites and restaurants can reopen from tomorrow. The sun is out and it's hot.

Our mega travel plans for this spring/summer involving three expensive restaurants and ten countries have been shot to pieces by you-know-what. Sorry about that little bit of negativity, but... we are currently packing the van as we have decided to bugger off on Thursday towards Brittany, Normandy and who-knows-where in France. No idea at all when we'll come home. Carpe diem!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back