Portsmouth-Santander/ETIAS/90days? (1 Viewer)

Jan 4, 2020
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2005
Is it reasonable to assume that on the 2 night crossing from Portsmouth to Santander, that the 90 day count doesn't start until the day you land in Spain at Santander (or do you have to start counting from the day you leave Portsmouth? The latter sounds a tad harsh....)
Does anyone know yet through experience?

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
The time of entry and departure determine the day count. I saw an article or extract from the Regs (brain fade) that warned of a Ferry arriving at 23:55 and the return sailing at 00:05 counting as 2 days, a very expensive use of an allowance!

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
We had our passport 'kerchinged' by a very smiley cheerful young passport lady this morning at Santander.
That'll do for me as official notification that it's my first day in Shengen land.
And in other (connected) news.
If you have ANY difficulty in filling out that Spth Form for entry to Spain, give yourself sufficient time to get to the BF desk at Portsmouth. They did us proud.
It's NOT their job so, if they do, give them a drink. They deserve it.

alanalmoff

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
March
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2001
Confused! Spent 87 days in Spain from Sept to December 2021, I have now booked Bilbao arriving April 2nd until March 31st, and intend to spend another 85 days starting End of Sept until Dec 2022, am I in the clear regarding the 180 day ruling ??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
We have Gibraltarian ID cards which - at the moment and subject to final agreement - alongside our British passports allows us entry into Schengen without passport stamping.
I asked a Spanish border guard today whether I could enter Schengen through different (from the Gib/La Linea) entry points and was told that the ID system was only allowed locally.

This is somewhat puzzling and a bit nonsensical in my opinion as it means that I am constrained to 90 days if I enter through say, Santander, but can drive down to Gib using up 2-3 days, obtain my exit stamp and then turn around at the border itself and drive through with a wave off and stay within Schengen as long as I want.

(This post is just an observation and not necessarily a request for confirmation or clarification.)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back