Portsmouth Parking at the Harbour (1 Viewer)

Feb 2, 2019
lancs
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo
Exp
Since 2018
We have booked a sailing in early September from Portsmouth to Santander on a 9AM sailing, so have to be at the port around 7:30AM. Is there any advice on whether you can park in the Port the night before or very close by?

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
just checked Britstops and there are a few stopovers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I’ve just checked the Brittany Ferries website and the information on their new website has changed slightly and you can now only park in the check-in lanes after midnight for early morning crossings. It used to be once the last evening ferry had gone. This is slightly different to the old link from 2019 in kevenh ’s post. I’m not being too pedantic but I posted on the old thread as well!

Jan 4, 2020
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2005
Port Solent car park is quiet overnight and has worked well for us in the past.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I’ve just checked the Brittany Ferries website and the information on their new website has changed slightly and you can now only park in the check-in lanes after midnight for early morning crossings. It used to be once the last evening ferry had gone. This is slightly different to the old link from 2019 in kevenh ’s post. I’m not being too pedantic but I posted on the old thread as well!
I'm impressed - anyone who can spell pedantic has to be noticed ;)

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
We normally stay up the hill at a lovely pub called The Churchillian. Safe car park locked at night and a nice meal. Beauties over Portsmouth. Ring them first to confirm.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We park right on the left against the fence, you need to tell security what you are doing. Never had a problem. That’s not to say that it has changed. If you get there and they say no, park at Morrisons just around the corner.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
We normally stay up the hill at a lovely pub called The Churchillian. Safe car park locked at night and a nice meal. Beauties over Portsmouth. Ring them first to confirm.
We've also stayed at The Churchillian - great stopover and dog friendly pub.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
We have parked at ferry terminal twice to catch early morning ferry to France.No problems!and convenient!and free!
But probably changed now due to Covid.

Rivermount

Free Member
Dec 3, 2019
West Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2019, a bit before lockdown!
We park right on the left against the fence, you need to tell security what you are doing. Never had a problem. That’s not to say that it has changed. If you get there and they say no, park at Morrisons just around the corner.
I think Morrisons has parking cameras. Best to check on site as I think there is a limit to how long you can stay.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back