LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We keep some frozen food in the van for emergencies, can get enough for five or 6 meals in there if needed but prefer to buy fresh food. Ofter buy frozen food and it's still in the freezer when we get home a couple of months later. More important is to make sure you have enough space for ice cubes for the G & T.
Wouldn't want to fill the garage up with a freezer, enough junk in there already and then there is the battery drain, we don't use EHU.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I never owned a freezer even when I had a house. Recently I bought a trailer and got a chest freezer for it. WOW what a difference it has made...

I keep a couple of packs of bacon in there, I don't have it often but when I fancy it the stuff in the fridge has normally gone out of date. A couple of loaves of brown bread for toasting. Frozen burgers, fishcakes, fish fingers and loads of frozen veggies. Super cold beer within in an hour. Superb.

On my next van, if I didn't have a trailer I would build in a slide out freezer as well as a fridge... Love it (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
On a long trip we would pack our freezer with stuff that is expensive or difficult to get where we were heading. ie if going to Morocco the freezer would have a lot of bacon in it.
However there are usually food shops wherever you go in your motorhome and the cheapest food is always what the locals eat.
Unless you are going to have a meltdown if you can't have your chicken nuggets or fish fingers on demand, a freezer in the garage sounds to me like a waste of space and payload.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back