Plymouth - Santander yesterday/ today (1 Viewer)

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Everyone both sides polite and efficient - fellow in Plymouth asked me if I had any knives - yes in the cutlery drawer........

Fairly normal on board - masks and sd - boring, grey sky and sea but calm

Temperature supposed to be checked by crew not done, locator form not collected, passport stamped after being asked "tourist or resident?"

Couldn't/wouldn't lie anyway but I am driving a British reg van.....

Parked up for the night hoping the weather is better in the morning

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Everyone both sides polite and efficient - fellow in Plymouth asked me if I had any knives - yes in the cutlery drawer........

Fairly normal on board - masks and sd - boring, grey sky and sea but calm

Temperature supposed to be checked by crew not done, locator form not collected, passport stamped after being asked "tourist or resident?"

Couldn't/wouldn't lie anyway but I am driving a British reg van.....

Parked up for the night hoping the weather is better in the morning
Yes weather's not great today, we're in Gijon, steady rain, want to stay in the north but the forecast is threatening to push us south.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Yes weather's not great today, we're in Gijon, steady rain, want to stay in the north but the forecast is threatening to push us south.
šŸ™€
5DC9C927-8D58-49B2-BC82-1F2CC1CC7423.png

OP
OP
Barclaybasher
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
I'll drive in the rain or at night but not out of choice...heading for Barcelona for ferry to Mallorca but not in a great hurry... garden to clear, bills to pay....

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Not looking great for the next week according to the forecast but they are known to be wrong, we jumped over the Pyrenees one time as it looked poor for the Picos. They got it wrong and friends had great weather there. šŸ˜¢

OP
OP
Barclaybasher
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
Totally different from what I've seen tonight - raining yes but a look at a different life - in a village, a massive artic turns up, drops a load of bales (feed) and 2 tractors turn up to ferry it to another field. The 'field' opposite has 4 bullocks feeding in something the size of a garden, a couple walk 3 goats past and this place has a motorhome aire for at least 20, fully serviced, tarmaced....

Vive la difference!

Deleted User

That looks absolutely horrendous to me.
Years ago we stayed on the Orbitur site there, no Aires in those days, site not the best and we had a pitch amongst Portuguese regulars and had a great time, lovely place but I do not see the attraction of sitting packed into a car park looking at a beach.

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Years ago we stayed on the Orbitur site there, no Aires in those days, site not the best and we had a pitch amongst Portuguese regulars and had a great time, lovely place but I do not see the attraction of sitting packed into a car park looking at a beach.
Each to their own but we met some lovely people there that we are still in contact with. Besides Graham and Cath in the picture (Grath), we met the two Portuguese couples on the other side who were so friendly. I messaged Jose today to ask how the ban on wild camping was going (article 50) and there is going to be a mass protest on June the 26th in Lisbon with many motorhomes driving slowly round the parliament building.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
I have been at that campsite prior to staying at the beach, I know what I prefer. šŸ˜‰

Last edited:

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR MILEO 282
Exp
Since 09 2018
Good cidre there and nicely pouredšŸ»

Reactions: f6c

Deleted User
How could you not like having this beach right in front of your van ?View attachment 508006
I know what that beach is like and I know what the campsite is like.

I wouldn't stay on that campsite again but neither would I stay on a car park packed in like sardines regardless of the view unless desperate.

A beach is a beach, seen lots of them but if your happy and as you say, each to their own.

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
I know what that beach is like and I know what the campsite is like.

I wouldn't stay on that campsite again but neither would I stay on a car park packed in like sardines regardless of the view unless desperate.

A beach is a beach, seen lots of them but if your happy and as you say, each to their own.
The same as I wouldnā€™t stay at that prison camp called Camping ria Formosa.

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
We are very happy here, happy as pigs in shit you might say.

No need to get offensive, you do what you do and I do what I do.

Have a nice evening, wherever you are :Smile:
Tell me where I got offensive, you donā€™t like where I do and I donā€™t much care for where you do. We all have our preferences, please donā€™t try and say that what you like is better than what I like.

Deleted User
Tell me where I got offensive, you donā€™t like where I do and I donā€™t much care for where you do. We all have our preferences, please donā€™t try and say that what you like is better than what I like.

I have not said what I like is any better than what you like, what gives you that impression?

In one of your earlier posts you said 'each to their own' and I agreed in post#17

Why have you now edited your previous post describing Camping Ria Formosa as a 'Pig Sty' into a 'Prison camp', perhaps that was offensive!!
Neither description worries me unduly, I know what I like, you know what you like....carry on, no problem to me.

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
I have not said what I like is any better than what you like, what gives you that impression?

In one of your earlier posts you said 'each to their own' and I agreed in post#17

Why have you now edited your previous post describing Camping Ria Formosa as a 'Pig Sty' into a 'Prison camp', perhaps that was offensive!!
Neither description worries me unduly, I know what I like, you know what you like....carry on, no problem to me.
As you say I did amend my comment, my apologies but it isnā€™t like a normal campsite when trying to enter it. Electric barrier and turnstile after being grilled by the (guards) staff. You are enjoying a quiet day at the pool when suddenly itā€™s swamped by local kids. šŸ„“

Deleted User
As you say I did amend my comment, my apologies but it isnā€™t like a normal campsite when trying to enter it. Electric barrier and turnstile after being grilled by the (guards) staff.

Lots of sites have electric barriers and reception, it's the norm on most large sites in Portugal and Spain, sometimes the receptionists may seem a little abrupt but I put that down to English being a second language(sometimes).
Basically you either like sites and rules or you don't, the rules can work both ways but on the whole I think they are positive and you get used to the fence :Smile: ..........we have 180+ sq m on our pitch which gives us the privacy we like, we live here and are not on holiday, there is a difference.

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Lots of sites have electric barriers and reception, it's the norm on most large sites in Portugal and Spain, sometimes the receptionists may seem a little abrupt but I put that down to English being a second language(sometimes).
Basically you either like sites and rules or you don't, the rules can work both ways but on the whole I think they are positive and you get used to the fence :Smile: ..........we have 180+ sq m on our pitch which gives us the privacy we like, we live here and are not on holiday, there is a difference.
I have stayed there and came to visit someone.

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
the beach looks great, its the other 50 motorhomes parked so close next to you that i wouldnt like
That is very true but there is nowhere else close by to stay, itā€™s fine for a few days.
the sad fact now in Portugal is that wild camping has been banned so I think anytime you go here is will be packed. šŸ˜¢

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back