Passenger Locator Form - Help (1 Viewer)

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Due to go to France via tunnel 21/09. Started to fill in Passenger Locator Form on .gov website, but only got as far as date of return when I was stopped with the message 'can't be submitted until 48hours before return'. Is this correct? How difficult is it to complete whilst away? We've got our confirmation order nos. for 2 day test

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
emjaiuk I’m in the same position and have just submitted my French honor form via the Euro Tunnel booking site. And yes you can’t complete/upload the return locator form until close to your return date.
Enjoy your trip.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
You can only do it 24 hours before return. Simple to do.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
If you "Create an Account" as you fill in the GB Passenger Locator form, then you can log back into your account 48 hours before you return, and complete the missing information.

OP
OP
E
Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
The dot gov instructions refer to printing off the completed form. Can you show it digitally if this can't be done?

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
We have just crossed to the UK using Eurotunnel and I uploaded all the required document to their web site - Passenger Locator Form, Nasal Swab test, etc. No request for the documents at all once at the terminal. In fact, it was one of the smoothest transits from booth to train we have had in quite a long time.

Sorry, but I can't comment on the sea crossing procedures.

J

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
The dot gov instructions refer to printing off the completed form. Can you show it digitally if this can't be done?
You get the option with the PLF to "Save as PDF". If you are returning via the tunnel, you just have to upload the PLF and your Covid negative Certificate to your Eurotunnel account. No paper involved.

OP
OP
E
Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
You get the option with the PLF to "Save as PDF". If you are returning via the tunnel, you just have to upload the PLF and your Covid negative Certificate to your Eurotunnel account. No paper involved.
How do you upload French covid test results? Do they email the result, or do you photograph it with your camera?

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
How do you upload French covid test results? Do they email the result, or do you photograph it with your camera?
The results come with a QR code plus an option to download the file. In our case I couldn't find the option to download and save the file until I clicked on the four (perhaps five) horizontal bars to the top right of my screen then I found the option to download.

John

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
We ordered test kits from c19testing.co.uk before we left UK. (Rapid Antigen)
72 hours before returning to UK we registered the kits and conducted the tests in the MH. We then had to upload a photo of the negative test result alongside a photo of our passport. It was 11:00 pm on Bank Holiday Sunday, and we were emailed a certificate within an hour, which we then uploaded to the Eurotunnel website.

Jul 4, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Im off to tour a small part of Europe next week. Going UK-France-Belgium-Germany-France-Germany-Belgium-France-UK....... trying to find out what I need re-forms, etc etc. Its a flipping nightmare and I'm totally confused now. And here was I thinking the EU Countries worked together!!! What a joke!

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Im off to tour a small part of Europe next week. Going UK-France-Belgium-Germany-France-Germany-Belgium-France-UK....... trying to find out what I need re-forms, etc etc. Its a flipping nightmare and I'm totally confused now. And here was I thinking the EU Countries worked together!!! What a joke!
Best to keep an eye on these links but the snapshot is.

Assuming Double Jabbed

CountryPassenger Locator FormProof of VaccineTestingNotes
UK48 Prior to arrival back in UKYesfrom 4/10 2nd Day only on Arrival PCR currently, LFT later in Oct
FranceYesYesNo
BelgiumYesYesStay less than 48 Hours - NO

Stay more than 48 Hours - Yes on Day 1 and Day 7 either in BE or within 72 hours prior (EUR44)
GermanyYesYesNo

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Once you are in EU no need for anything else, just need to comply with whatever the UK rules are on return.

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Once you are in EU no need for anything else, just need to comply with whatever the UK rules are on return.
Belgium is messy. It depends on how you arrive (Train plane and boat are different from driving) and how long you stay - see the table above. If you arrive by car/MoHo then strictly you should quarantine until you have a clear Covid test taken within two days of arrival. But they have no way knowing you are there…. If you fill out a submit a PLF (different one for every country and every trip!) they will call you until you submit the test result!

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2016
Belgium is messy. It depends on how you arrive (Train plane and boat are different from driving) and how long you stay - see the table above. If you arrive by car/MoHo then strictly you should quarantine until you have a clear Covid test taken within two days of arrival. But they have no way knowing you are there…. If you fill out a submit a PLF (different one for every country and every trip!) they will call you until you submit the test result!
Yeah I was assuming the OP would be driving from France.... I am sure all the Germans and French who travel daily will not be taking tests!!

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I didn't do any locator forms or uploading etc for the way out through the tunnel 😂 I did everything the website asked, ie advanced passenger info and declaration of vaccination (which was just a tick box or similar) then I took the Q code print offs with us which were checked at the tunnel.

I'm glad I didn't know, ignorance is bliss 😆

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Yeah I was assuming the OP would be driving from France.... I am sure all the Germans and French who travel daily will not be taking tests!!
Travelling regularly for work is an exemption. The ones I know with family either side of the border are either sticking to the 48 hour rule or not 😉

May 23, 2013
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
There are different rules for the close cross-border areas around Belgium, Netherlands & Germany for those crossing regularly on a daily basis but for normal travellers from the UK each country has it’s own requirements just the same as us in the UK.

Just because the UK is not taking this seriously doesn’t mean other countries are not, had two test and trace calls whilst in Belgium last week and this.

Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
Note that the covid test reference number is the one on your initial email from the supplier. It is not the code number on the test kit.

Can set up a locator form and then fill in final details at last minute. GOK why you can't do it earlier if you know your time and date of arrival.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2016
There are different rules for the close cross-border areas around Belgium, Netherlands & Germany for those crossing regularly on a daily basis but for normal travellers from the UK each country has it’s own requirements just the same as us in the UK.

Just because the UK is not taking this seriously doesn’t mean other countries are not, had two test and trace calls whilst in Belgium last week and this.
So you stopped at the border, filled in a form and then stayed at one place? When we travelled there were no border controls once in France?

May 23, 2013
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
So you stopped at the border, filled in a form and then stayed at one place? When we travelled there were no border controls once in France?
No as there are no internal border controls but I did check the requirements for transitting France, staying in Belgium and onwards to Germany and followed the requirements of those countries which was the question being asked.

Giving advice nothing is required going between countries is just wrong.

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
If you check the rules carefully there are actually restrictions on movements between regions (not even across borders) in Europe. Check the list of “red zones”

Yes, detection is very difficult, however if you look at the infection rates in the uk and in Europe there are huge differences. There rates are about a third of ours. Whatever the differences in behaviour are, they work.

I have to travel with work and I follow the rules scrupulously- I’d hate to give someone Covid. And I’d hate even more to bring it back.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
There rates are about a third of ours. Whatever the differences in behaviour are, they work.
Could the difference be in how many tests they have made to discover the infections? I assume that the more tests that are done the more infected people will be found. They give an absolute figure, not a percentage of the tests that were carried out.
I've always felt that the figures should always be presented as the number of infections that were found out of the number of tests carried out.

Last edited:

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
It doesn’t matter which stat you look at. Infections, hospitalisations or deaths they are all lower. The UK and the US are way above. You could claim Infections could be skewed by the way you measure the numbers, but if that was the case I’m sure HMG would have used the “better” measure. Somethings different.

Dec 24, 2014
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
It doesn’t matter which stat you look at. Infections, hospitalisations or deaths they are all lower. The UK and the US are way above. You could claim Infections could be skewed by the way you measure the numbers, but if that was the case I’m sure HMG would have used the “better” measure. Somethings different.
I agree but my point is that if say the infection rate is 1 in 75 (which I understand is the UK rate) and you test 150 people you'll report 2 infections but if you test 7500 you'll report 100 infections. Test 75,000 you'll find 1000 infected people and so on...............

Dec 24, 2014
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp

Daily new confirmed COVID-19 cases per million people

It doesn't say whether that's per million of each country's overall population or per million tested.

Shown is the rolling 7-day average. The number of confirmed cases is lower than the number of actual cases; the main reason for that is
limited testing.

Not too sure precisely what 'limited testing' means.

Either way, I agree we don't seem to be doing very well compared with other countries.

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
I’ve looked at this data for months. The gap is constant. The per million people bit adjusts for the size of the country. So that the numbers in the States (300 million people) thee we UK (60 million people) and Belgium (10 million people) can be compared. Otherwise the US would always look 30 times worse than Belgium

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back