Parc Verger - Weekend of Festivities (1 Viewer)

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Pac Verger

Thanks Pammy Off to Spain on Wednesday. Hope it's a bit warmer than here in Plymouth:thumb:

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Reminder

Hi everyone

Now that the festivities are over, we should now be thinking ahead about those holidays.

So we will start:

We have booked our Ferry, Seafrance from Dover to Calaise, leaving Sunday lunchtime and will then head South in a very leisurely manner :ROFLMAO: and hope to be in Parc Verger by Thursday afternoon.

We will also be paying our deposit to Bob and Di this week.

I have also updated the calendar will full details of:

Website address
Full address of the site
Contact telephone numbers
Email address
Fax No.

You will clearly see these updates in RED

Can I please ask that when you have paid your deposit you let me know so that I can update the calendar and if you decide you cannot make it after all, can you also let me know that as well so that we can endeavour to give your place to someone else. Remember they informed us they can take up to 25 vans overall possibly 30 so at the moment there are still 11 possibly 16 places still available.

Just so you don't have to go back through the threads I will post below all the possible rates for stays and your deposit requirements:

Quote:
Thinking about what we said earlier, we'll vary the 20% discount so that any one spending time here over that weekend will get the 20% discount for up to seven nights - and we will maintain our nomal practice of seven nights for the price of six. For seven nights the cost will therefore be 92 Euros on a serviced hardstanding, and 80 Euros on a lawn pitch, both inclusive of 16A electricity.

On a daily basis the serviced hardstandings are charged at 19 Euros; less 20% this comes down to 15.20 Euros. The lawn pitches are 16.50 per day, which less 20% comes to 13.20 Euros.

The cost of the meal will be additional, of course, and must be paid in a dvance (we will have to book everyone in). For simplicity we will work on 15 Euros per head for adults, and 7.50 Euros per child up to age 12 (we will adjust the final payment on arrival here when we have the actual costs).

For now we will work on a deposit of 20 Euros per rig for the pitch, plus the half the cost of the meal. This means that for a rig with two adults the deposit would be 20 Euros plus 15 Euros total 35 Euros. Pitch deposits are non-refundable, though we will carry them forward for up to 12 months if the visit here has to be postponed. I regret that meal deposits will not be refundable as we have to pay these over when booking the meal.

We can accept deposits by credit card; the holder should ring us on our lo-cost line 0844 232 8500 (3p main from BT lines) with their credit card to hand, and we'll take the details

End Quote

It's so nice to think of something cheery rather than what the lousy weather is doing at the moment:Doh:

See you all soon - time will pass in no time at all, and then we'll all be thinking about Christmas:cry::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
hi geoff have a good time in spain . we are off to spain on the 11th of feb. where do you stay , we go to bonterra park . oh nos may see you there :Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

A and K

Free Member
Sep 8, 2007
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since April 07'
Hi Pammy,
We've phoned up Bob and Di today and we've booked and paid our 35 euro deposit for our hardstanding pitch and meal :Smile: (Don't worry, there's plenty more hardstanding pitches left for the RV'ers)
We've booked for Friday, Saturday and Sunday night (14th,15th and 16th)
Looking forward to it :thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Thanks Angie and Keith for letting me know. I will put it on the calendar.

Better get the 'old man' to dust off his credit card again:ROFLMAO:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Thanks Angie and Keith for letting me know. I will put it on the calendar.

Better get the 'old man' to dust off his credit card again:ROFLMAO:
It got stolen remember
but ive still not reported it, as the theives are spending less than YOU:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
Hi, Pammy and all

How many would be interested in

a) a day trip by mini-coach to Oradour sur Glane - the martyr village - and some other local place of interest (could be Limoges, for example). This could perhaps be arranged for the Monday after the bank holiday.

b) a Wednesday morning visit to Piegut market, again by mini-coach if there is enough interest. This market is renowned - it takes over the whole village, and is well worth a visit. Depending upon when folk are arriving this would probably take place on the Wednesday after the bank holiday.

The possible timetable would therefore be:
Saturday 15th - local festivities, including the evening repas, fireworks and dancing
Monday 17th - day trip to Oradour sur Glane and Limoges
Wednesday 19th - morning trip to Piegut market.

All we are asking at present is an indication of interest. If sufficient MHFunsters are interested, we will get costings and distribute details.

Cheers

Bob and Di

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Gordon Bennett.

The more I read about this blooming meet, the more I want to go. :ROFLMAO: But I don't want to go on my own, without the lovely Rita. :Sad:

There are a few lottery draws to be held before the meet, so here's hoping for a win big enough for a certain Welsh wifey to be able to say, "sod it, how soon can we make the next ferry" ? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Bring it on. :winky:

Jock.

P.S. Rita's main holidays are booked for September, when we are off to Germany. Can't have it all I suppose. :Sad:

Jock.

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Gordon Bennett.

The more I read about this blooming meet, the more I want to go. :ROFLMAO: But I don't want to go on my own, without the lovely Rita. :Sad:

There are a few lottery draws to be held before the meet, so here's hoping for a win big enough for a certain Welsh wifey to be able to say, "sod it, how soon can we make the next ferry" ? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jock.

P.S. Rita's main holidays are booked for September, when we are off to Germany. Can't have it all I suppose. :Sad:

Jock.

And you know we would love to have you both there Jock. Double up your lottery go's - and when you win, I'll share a wee drop of that good stuff we both keep in our vans.:thumb:

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Gordon Bennett.

Jock.

Jock.

Oooh what a shame you can't make it Jock.........we'll miss you ...... well for a little while :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Never mind you just have to get Ratlegged on Schnapps :thumb: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Err Tony - I presume you've booked your ferry??????

I'm paying my deposit to Bob and Di in a minute:thumb:

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Ok, so we have paid our deposit.:thumb:

For anyone that tried ringing Bob and Di yesterday, you probably didn't get an answer on the phone because they were doing some work outside which was a little on the noisy side and so they would not have heard the phone ring.:Doh:

Bob says he is doin some computer work today so today would be a good time to catch them.:thumb:

Remember, let me know when you have paid your deposits.

Catch up again soon.
Pammy

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
ferry booked, parc verger booked::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
can't wait, but suppose we will have to

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Thanks for telling me Ruth, I will update the calendar now.
:thumb:

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Ferry booked, but no answer from Parc verger :cry:

Will try again tomorrow :thumb:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999

How can you book a ferry so early???:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:
We haven't even booked the ferry back to UK in April yet never mind thinking about August!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Should be a great meet! Looking forward to seeing everyone there!:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
How can you book a ferry so early???:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:
We haven't even booked the ferry back to UK in April yet never mind thinking about August!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Should be a great meet! Looking forward to seeing everyone there!:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

I think the main purpose at the moment is to secure the pitches at Parc Verger so making the deposit of 35Euros is more important really. It's just that people are doing both so they can then forget about it. If they're anything like us, they'll forget:ROFLMAO:

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User

Parc Verger deposit paid :thumb:
Beer chilled :thumb:

When can we go :Cool:::bigsmile:

micknden

Free Member
May 16, 2008
melton mowbray
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
3 weeks
Hi all we would like to come, weve not been over the water, is it a long drive would we need to stop over on route please help:ROFLMAO:

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
When can we go :Cool:::bigsmile:[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

:Doh: AUGUST :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ruth

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Hi all we would like to come, weve not been over the water, is it a long drive would we need to stop over on route please help:ROFLMAO:

hi Micknden
about 500 miles from Calais

stopover your choice ,only you can tell how far you can drive without needing a stopover :thumb: :Smile:

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years

Hi Micknden

Now that Tony has given you an idea of the mileage do you want me to add you to the list?

There are three vehicles travelling together all at the same time. I can tell you that we have not worked out our itinerary yet but I can't see us doing the 500 miles in one go. I think we will try and get to Parc Verger for Wednesday or Thursday at the latest after sailing on the Sunday morning. The finer details will have to be worked out over the next couple of meets (well that's my excuse for meeting up and cracking open the tinnies anyway!!:Doh::ROFLMAO:

Pammy

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Weekend of Festivites

Pammy can you put us on the list we are thinking of going to France about this time and it would be a good start to our holiday

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Pammy can you put us on the list we are thinking of going to France about this time and it would be a good start to our holiday

Hi

Will be great to have you with us. :thumb:

Pammy

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi Pammy!

I've paid the deposit and we're now booked in to Parc Verger!:thumb::thumb:

Please confirm us on the list!:Smile:
Ta!!:thumb::thumb:

:ROFLMAO:

Hi Marie

Fantastic - can't wait to see you both again but let's hope it is before August anyway.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back