Parc Verger - Weekend of Festivities (1 Viewer)

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi all

We set sail Sunday 12:20 and landed at 1:30 - it was a great crossing, with hot sun, calm waters.

We then decided to travel South and then set camp around 9:00pm. However, the first aire we pulled on to left us a bit uneasy with lots of caravans which were being pulled by transit vans pulling on the aire as well. Drivers of these vehicles spoke to 2 lorry drivers who then proceded to pack up and move off the aire so we felt obliged to do the same. We travelled a further 12 km and pulled on to a motorway services aire which was a lot busier so we decided to stay there for the night.

We ensured all doors and windows were locked before going to bed - however at 3:45 am our mobile phone was ringing and it was a call from Mick (micknden) to tell us our drivers door was open and that we had had visitors. They had also had visitors but Denise had woken up to find someone in their van and when she shouted out the visitor left rather sharpish. They were fortunate as nothing had been taken but alas they had managed to find Geo's wallet and took all the cash. There was only about 200 euros and about £50 in it but nevertheless it's an awful feeling. They have buggered all the locks on the RV trying to get in so Duncan (Star Spangled Banner) is on the case.

So we decided to head straight for Parc Verger and yesterday at 4:30pm we arrived with Bryan & Suzy, Ruth & Tony and Mick & Denise. It was very fortunate of course that Bob and Di could take us 2 days early.

What we found as well was that the travellers passed us yesterday morning, and then they passed us again but with no caravans attached so may be they're casing the aires so we hope you funsters are taking extra care. Our doors were locked, but they still got in. I for one will never feel comfortable staying on a motorway services again.

So here we are, the site is lovely, the weather is hot and we're all just chilling out today.

There's a large market on tomorrow morning so we'll go out to that tomorrow and take in some of the local life. Probably some more funsters will arrive after tomorrow.

Will keep you posted as more Funsters arrive - I think we will all have a great time.

Talk soon
Pammy

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We ensured all doors and windows were locked before going to bed - however at 3:45 am our mobile phone was ringing and it was a call from Mick (micknden) to tell us our drivers door was open and that we had had visitors.

Talk soon
Pammy

Bastards !!

All our doors have alarm contacts - it's not rocket science. It would not stop the lock damage but it would warn us - then what - who knows ?

So the bastards destroyed your locks without making enough noise to waken you ! Clever bastards !

Have fun to make up for it and try and run over one or two of them on the way home.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Bastards !!

All our doors have alarm contacts - it's not rocket science. It would not stop the lock damage but it would warn us - then what - who knows ?

So the bastards destroyed your locks without making enough noise to waken you ! Clever bastards !

Have fun to make up for it and try and run over one or two of them on the way home.

Brian that is what is so un-nerving - I am a light sleeper but they didn't even wake me. Very scary:cry:

Pammy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi all, how unfortunate, glad that your losses are small and no one is hurt. You guys needLink Removed for your return journey::bigsmile: Don't let it spoil the party, remember this could all be an elaborate ruse for Geo to miss buying a few rounds of drinks:Smile:

Re security while you sleep!

All exterior doors need a lockable deadlock.
A lock that cannot be opened from the outside, or the inside unless you have the key. RV deadlocks look OK but a screwdriver will get you quicker access than the key, once the lock is open the little fold down rabbit hutch locks are useless. Lockable RV drivers door deadlocks can be hobbled together using window or patio door locks, European MH owners have the excellent Heosafe lock that works (see harrisonlocks.co.uk)

In addition when parked up in dodgy areas you should set your alarm to part guard- Sleep mode, so that you will be woken if someone gains entry. If you do not have an alarm that has this then but a yale shed alarm like Link Removed on the door will work like a charm and only costs about £20.

For those interested in Motorhome Security there is a book on the subject, you can read about it in my signature::bigsmile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Brian that is what is so un-nerving - I am a light sleeper but they didn't even wake me. Very scary:cry:

Pammy

Hi Pammy, you are right, that feeling of knowing someone has been there and you did not wake is un-nerving. Its happened to me and I sleep with one eye open:winky: No mention of gas yet? :Smile: I think we all sleep a little sounder than we think:whatthe:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Guys

So sorry to hear your tale of woe, I am absolutely gutted for you.:Sad:
We have been there ourselves and know exactly how you are feeling.:Sad:
We hope that you can overcome this horrible experience and can enjoy the rest of your holiday.:Smile:
Have a great time at Parc Verger and a safe journey home.:thumb:

Brisey (Brian & Pam)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Pammy

It's unnerving for ME, so god knows how it must have hit you.

Anyone on here about to panic, just nip out and buy those very cheap battery door alarms and make them visible from the outside, crude but workable.

I can see why some folk carry a dog. Me, I'd prefer an Uzi but it would probably get me into trouble.

Everyone, take this as a timely warning, this problem will only get worse as the scum of Europe come looking for easy pickings.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I am so sorry to hear you have been robbed and know the feeling well sadly when it happened to us in Spain:Doh::Sad:

I know it's hard to say forget about it and enjoy the break but you must otherwise these ROBBING SCUMBAGS have scored a double wammy.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:sin::sin: Again may I wish all you guys out there and absolutely super holiday:sin::sin:

Last edited:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Guys, guys what can I say-
what bastards.

A warning for the thieving gits is that my van IS alarmed and there is no easy pickings in it- just a whole lot of trouble.

The thought of scum doing this just drives the honest people of this world absoloutly mad:Angry:

Geo + Pammy, we are not leaving untill tomorrow is there any thing you now need bringing? if so let me know or give me a ring.:thumb:

tink

Free Member
Sep 9, 2008
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
5ver
Exp
30 on & off
Bludy hell Geo/Pam what barstewards it's just a shame Geo wasn't equipped for going to that clay pigeon rally:Angry:hope it doesn't spoil the rest of your hols.The whole of Europe seems to be suffering with the travelling scumbags.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Geo + Pammy, we are not leaving untill tomorrow is there any thing you now need bringing? if so let me know or give me a ring.:thumb:[/QUOTE]

Hi Paul

Duncan has already been on the case and we should receive our new locks within a couple of days now. Thanks anyway.

Although if you want to bring some oozies and hand gronnaides they may help me sleep at night.:Sad::cry:

Pammy

btw hope you have a pleasant journey - looking forward to seeing you down here in the extremely nice hot weather.

Scunny-Arfie

Free Member
Sep 21, 2008
Scunthorpe
Funster No
so sorry to hear of your miss-hap hope the rest of your break goes well. Tie 3 or 4 party poppers to your doors if they go if who ever is trying to get in will chit themself mind you , you may also.
Chin up + have fun.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi all

We set sail Sunday 12:20 and landed at 1:30 - it was a great crossing, with hot sun, calm waters.

We then decided to travel South and then set camp around 9:00pm. However, the first aire we pulled on to left us a bit uneasy with lots of caravans which were being pulled by transit vans pulling on the aire as well. Drivers of these vehicles spoke to 2 lorry drivers who then proceded to pack up and move off the aire so we felt obliged to do the same. We travelled a further 12 km and pulled on to a motorway services aire which was a lot busier so we decided to stay there for the night.

We ensured all doors and windows were locked before going to bed - however at 3:45 am our mobile phone was ringing and it was a call from Mick (micknden) to tell us our drivers door was open and that we had had visitors. They had also had visitors but Denise had woken up to find someone in their van and when she shouted out the visitor left rather sharpish. They were fortunate as nothing had been taken but alas they had managed to find Geo's wallet and took all the cash. There was only about 200 euros and about £50 in it but nevertheless it's an awful feeling. They have buggered all the locks on the RV trying to get in so Duncan (Star Spangled Banner) is on the case.

So we decided to head straight for Parc Verger and yesterday at 4:30pm we arrived with Bryan & Suzy, Ruth & Tony and Mick & Denise. It was very fortunate of course that Bob and Di could take us 2 days early.

What we found as well was that the travellers passed us yesterday morning, and then they passed us again but with no caravans attached so may be they're casing the aires so we hope you funsters are taking extra care. Our doors were locked, but they still got in. I for one will never feel comfortable staying on a motorway services again.

So here we are, the site is lovely, the weather is hot and we're all just chilling out today.

There's a large market on tomorrow morning so we'll go out to that tomorrow and take in some of the local life. Probably some more funsters will arrive after tomorrow.

Will keep you posted as more Funsters arrive - I think we will all have a great time.

Talk soon
Pammy

sorry to hear this......but were you GASSED?

sorry.....not funny!:Blush:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Sorry to hear your upsetting news :Blush:, yes so scary to think that one didn't hear anything,
but these are experts and know how to fool the best and how not to be heard...they are just scum who take advantage of innocent folk on a simple outing / holiday ..please dont let it spoil your holiday, dont let them think they won, it will come back to them threefold in the end!

John n Kath > champers

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi all

Talk soon
Pammy

Hi Guys.

Crikey I've just read this....

So glad you are all ok.

You have a good break ...and we'll all hope these b+++++s get what's coming to them.

Serves as a warning to others touring in Europe to stay and camp safe .

Thanks for making us all aware and so sorry to hear of your plight.

Steve.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi George & Pam,

Rita and I are so sorry to hear the bad news, and sincerely hope that it doesn't spoil the holiday. Once the locks are received and fitted, you'll both feel a lot better, although I am sure that you'll be okay for now at Parc Verger.

Unfortunately, the Motorway Aires are notorious for this type of crime, due to their quick entry/exit points.
We hope too that Mick & Denise are okay, and no damage to their MH.

Chill out and have a Pinneau. :thumb:

Best regards,

Jock & Rita.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Ok just dropping Nikki at work,::bigsmile:dropping Tara at dog prison,:Sad: shopping at Aldi:Eeek: for some quality food and then we are on our way:thumb:

Ferrry first thing tomorrow morning, a night at a mystery aire :winky: (just in case any gippos are reading). and should be sat around someones BBQ by lunchtime Friday.

See you all soon:thumb:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Geo & Pammy

Sorry to read about your troubles, still you are both OK thats the main thing.

Put it behind you, easy to say, but for now just enjoy your holiday, don't let them spoil that.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Geo and Pammy.. just read this thread, wasn't following it closely .. :Blush:

so sorry to hear about the break in.. we can fully understand how you feel having experienced a similar incident several years ago when wild camping in Suffolk. Didn't lose anything, just suffered a broken window, I woke up as they forced it open, but a frightening experience..
It makes you feel ill thinking about what these scum bags did.. and there were times we felt like giving up.. couldn't sleep and woke up at every noise, but you will get over it and I hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday.. don't let the bas***ds get you down..

all the best

Jim n Jan

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Sorry to hear about this, and i hope that you chill out a bit now, we will see you on Sunday for some alchol healing,

I might drive all the way down in one go after hearing this.

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
Running a day late :winky: so hopefully will land Friday afternoon. Keep the beer cold:thumb::thumb:

Mark

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
Geo & Pammy,

Sorry to hear about your break in and hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday. You maybe should have taken your white guard cat with you as certainly my dog thinks it is dangerous :Eeek::Eeek:

David

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Hi FUNsters

We just wish we could be there with you.

Have a great time and hopefully we will go next year if there is a meet.

Sorry to hear about your break in Geo and Pammy but I am sure you have forgotten about that already.

Enjoy the weather and the great company

Lesley

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
sorry to hear about your break in . we had the same thing happen to us. and you don,t hear them messing up the locks. may they rot in hell . hope you had a better response from the french police then we did , all we got was a shrug of the shoulders and told it happens every night there ,[ GREAT THEN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT YOU PRATS ] . it knocks you for six for a while but trust me you do get over it . i tell my self well at least my other half and i were not harmed and its only money :Blush: was so mad wanted to buy a gun and go back on the aries and wait but am over that now, but will add i wont be staying on any aires again:Angry:

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Hi all

Hi Pammy and Geo,
This is a horrible experience. Hopefully it will not spoil your holiday with the funsters. The locks can be mended, the money earned but you will never lose the memories of the happy times you will have had in Parc Verger. Enjoy the rest of your holiday!
Lucille

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Hi Pammy & George

Just wanted to add our support to all that has been said before. Jean & I feel for your predicament & hope you can enjoy the rest of your holiday.

We have been away so didn't know this had happened until now.

Love to you both

Keith & Jean

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back