Free Member
Sep 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
Ford transit van con
Exp
Since 2000
Just brought this 2nd hand , was told it was working
I put the Ariel on the roof and wires into the camper plug all the plugs into the receiver
The plug wire with the pictures I try putting the red to live on the battery and black to earth on battery
Looks like someone had put a 3 pin plug on the wires using the red for live and black earth and brown as a blue in a 3 pin plug and then put it in a inverter and try to run it of a 12 volt battery
I can’t get to power up
image.jpg
image.jpg

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
A quick google brought up this,

I think Red to +ve and Brown to -ve might be closer, Black is the D+ for closing it on the ignition start.

Martin

Just to add if those wires have been in a “3 pin plug” and plugged into a 240v inverter I would think it is as dead as a dead thing.

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Ernie,

The four pin power plug is correct for Oyster Vision II systems.
The pin outs are as follows looking in the back of the connector with the clip at the top:

Top left: Brown (Earth)
Bottom right: Red (Permanent live)
Top right: Black (12V ignition feed)
Note: The Black is a switch live which, when activated, will auto retract the dish as long as the permanent supply has not been disconnected. When this is live the system will not open.

Hope this helps but if you need any more help just holla!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
E

Ernie1690

Free Member
Sep 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
Ford transit van con
Exp
Since 2000
Can it be check to see if it works without the live feed to the ignition

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Can it be check to see if it works without the live feed to the ignition
You obviously need the Red feed, my understanding would be that the Black that goes to the ignition D+ sees either +ve or -ve depending on wether the engine is running or not, this may actually be simplified now to either on or off in which case it should work to test.

Martin

OP
OP
E

Ernie1690

Free Member
Sep 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
Ford transit van con
Exp
Since 2000
It has now light up with out the black wire collected to ignition
There is now square blocks where the writing is , if you learn it side ways you can see writing underneath the blocks
Init error
X-motor block
There is more this is just some

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Hi again Ernie,

To check to see if the ignition cable is working correctly you can just use an opened out paperclip to make a connection between the black and the red. You should see "ignition active" come up on the control box screen.
The control box seems to have a failing screen so you will have to look at the screen at an angle to see what the writing is. Alternatively you can purchase a new control box which we stock.

With it saying init error and x motor block I would assume that it is not detecting a connection between the brain and the roof unit. Check to make sure that the 14 pin plug is plugged in correctly at both ends. Also, check to make sure that the pins in the connector blocks are all seated correctly as if one is pushed back and not making a connection it can give you this error.

OP
OP
E

Ernie1690

Free Member
Sep 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
Ford transit van con
Exp
Since 2000
Thanks again I have a look at the blocks and see if that does anything , just in case I new a new control can give me a price in case, thanks again for your help

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
Yet again great customer service from Oyster sat tech. I phoned them Thurs with a problem with my brain box Oyster Vision 3 Loan box arrived the next morning they quoted a set price to check update mine and return it. Brilliant.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back