• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD Oyster Digital 85cm Automatic Auto Skew Satellite TV System Built In Freeview. Roof Mounted. £500 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Skeggysue

Skeggysue

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Skegness, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic XL
Exp
Since 2004
It's is rather amusing haganap that my classified ad that I've posted to sell my oyster dish has riled a few folk! I must confess I am rather gobsmacked that anyone who's not interested in buying it could be even bothered to read it, never mind pass criticism but still it's given them something to have a whinge about I suppose?

Anyway, it's still for sale and to make it easier, I'll accept £500 if the buyer can come and collect by the 24th March!

Sue

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Some of us utterly gobsmacked that you could not simply just put a price on it although you have now:rolleyes: I think it's not worth anything at eight years old and you should be paying someone to take it away.:LOL:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Some of us utterly gobsmacked that you could not simply just put a price on it although you have now:rolleyes: I think it's not worth anything at eight years old and you should be paying someone to take it away.:LOL:

Some of us are gobsmacked quite easily then :rolleyes:. If the op wants an auction rather than a fixed price then bid or don't. Simples.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
@Jim You can buy a brand spanking new with warrenty, fully automatic snipe roof sat dish for £536

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
@Skeggysue I don't want the system but wish you luck in finding a buyer. Must be exactly what someone is wanting, not everyone can afford/wants the latest model of everything. (y)

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
The Oyster works very well in most of Spain as Eddie says with a SKY subscription, but no BBC, ITV etc.
If you know some one, who knows what they are doing and buy a cheapish Sat Box to go with it, you can get, BBC, ITV, Channel5, etc. all over Spain and Portugal!

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
The price advertised is a very good price second hand

The system is twin LNB
The system is Auto skew
The system has a built in Free To Air decoder

The advert seems open and fair

Fitting would be as stated circa £300'ish

A very good buy for some one

Or, if no logical product comparison is required Aldi often have satellite systems, designed for floor mounting that come with a suction van mount for about £50

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
@Judge Mental who is normally so judgmental about anyone not into German imports. Now suggests that you buy cheap British over quality German. :rofl:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Snipe has auto skew thanks. In Spain last year people where hiring massive dishes to get decent reception

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Well, I can report that a 80cm dish will receive most of Sky UK across Spain be it a Oyster Digital 85cm ( for sale here ) or any other system. People are hiring "massive" dishes ONLY to receive BBC, ITV CH4, CH5 which are NOT part of Sky (BSB) UK. As I live in Spain ( currently in UK ) I know this to be fact not rumour. The OP system is a good unit and I'm sure someone will grab it.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I agree that is a fair price and actually less than I would put on it. A real good deal for anyone with enough roof (y) especially if you can fit yourself too
I've seen quite a few vans that have a dish mounting plate still attached but no dish
If only the right person can put two and two together :)

OP
OP
Skeggysue

Skeggysue

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Skegness, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic XL
Exp
Since 2004
Thank you everyone for your input and my oyster satellite has now found a wonderful new home.
The lovely gentleman who is coming to collect it on Thursday is delighted with our agreed deal and we are too.
I hope Mr Mental will calm down now and stop getting his boxers in a twist over such an unimportant and trivial matter!!! Ha ha ha!!
Sue x

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Good news, that it is sold.(y)

I didn't think it would hang around long at that price.:)

To say that you need a "massive" dish to get BBC, ITV, etc. isn't totally correct, if using "Satback", a 60cm dish is sufficient in most of Spain and Portugal.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Satback is not on 28E and many automatic systems do not have the stored transponders to lock onto the Intelsat 907 at 27.5° West. I can, but many would not have the know how to enter the correct codes etc......... So to say that you need a "massive" dish to get BBC, ITV, etc. IS totally correct for Sky (BSB) UK on 28E in parts of Spain, sorry to say.............

Last edited:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The Oyster dish referred to in this thread is now fully installed on the roof of our friends van and he is chuffed to bits with it, thanks @Skeggysue

While the guy was up fitting it he put his folding solar panel up there as well so double chuffed.

On the back of this he is even going to pay his subs at Peterborough and become a "full member/funster".

Martin

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
I'm all for a bit of banter but I am seriously trying to sell something here guys!
If you are NOT interested in buying or you have any gripes with my ad, or my open to fair offers style of selling, then please would you be so polite as to refrain from posting in my ad and direct your opinions through the private message section? I will politely answer all your queries but I'd rather you didn't sabotage my advert if you don't mind.
Thank you.
Sue
HEAR HEAR

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You sold it to an outsider:Eeek:
Its bad enough not putting a price on it, then advertising on a forum, and THEN to add insult to injury you sell to an outsider, How very dare you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Signed
Anonymous

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back