SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Canturbury park and ride, dover rd.

Endorsed.

You can service the MH and arrive in France fully filled/emptied. Per night £7 with free services and free P+R bus every 10 mins. into City.

25 mins from Dover ferry with chance to stop at Tesco for last provisions/newspaper/fuel(France not cheap now)

Geoff

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
Canterbury, New Dover Road P & R, check the council website Wincheap may be open now. But they now take credit cards with number recognition to exit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Take an evening train and stay at the Citi du Europe VERY VERY SAFE Full dump etc just a few hundreds yards away

Colyboy

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Canterbury, New Dover Road P & R, check the council website Wincheap may be open now. But they now take credit cards with number recognition to exit.

I think the Wincheap P+R MH facility will wait till the new exit slips from the A2 are in place. At least that is what I understand from my meeting with Colin Perris, Car Parks Manager, in July.

If it is open before the new slip is ready, it is a long trail from the existing A2 exit for Canterbury and requires negotiating through Wincheap shopping area. Dover New Road P+R is easier, albeit one has to take the A2 'Bridge' exit and back-track to the P+R, but traffic free.

Geoff

GerTee

LIFE MEMBER
May 9, 2016
Near Fareham
Funster No
MH
Burstner iXeo
Exp
Since 2016 - UK & Europe
Another vote for Canterbury, only a 20 minute drive from the port

Janiemou

Free Member
Jan 2, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
4 years
We stopped at Painters Farm near to Faversham on our last two trips ... lovely little site and a local pub too (about 40 minutes from Dover). We often try to get across the channel first and then stop, as it negates the time difference the next day.

£7 per night sounds good, nicholsong, but can't agree about the supermarket shopping. We find France cheaper, and you can get real food ... Tesco seems to have lost the plot. Our stocking up is often done at Auchan in Dunkirk just before we come back.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
We stopped at Painters Farm near to Faversham on our last two trips ... lovely little site and a local pub too (about 40 minutes from Dover). We often try to get across the channel first and then stop, as it negates the time difference the next day.

£7 per night sounds good, nicholsong, but can't agree about the supermarket shopping. We find France cheaper, and you can get real food ... Tesco seems to have lost the plot. Our stocking up is often done at Auchan in Dunkirk just before we come back.
From what I saw in Carrefour the food doesnt look any more "real" than in the UK , :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
Hope to try Cite Europe the next time that we cross. Please can I ask at what times the toilets in the shopping centre, just beyond Carrefour close and then open in the morning?

Last edited:

Janiemou

Free Member
Jan 2, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
4 years
It's totally different tacr2man ... guess it depends on your definition of food. Maybe the subject of a new thread.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back