Out with the old (fire extinguishers) & in with the new (Fire Sticks) - plus a weight saving into the bargain! (1 Viewer)

MH04RMV

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 24, 2021
Funster No
MH
Cheyenne 632 SE
Hello Everyone,
Not sure if this qualifies as a trick or tip, but thought I'd share that I've just swapped out my "old" (but still in working order) powder extinguishers x2, for x2 new Fire Sticks (see pic).

Given the new sticks are only ~318g each, it's also saving just under 1.5kg's of payload (worth a tinny or two šŸ˜‰).

Hopefully I'll never have to use them, but given they have a minimum 15yr shelf life and no annual testing requirements (how many people ā€Šreally get their "normal" powder/CO2 ones tested?), they can only be a step forward in protection...

Cheers,

Rich.

20230523_144951.jpg

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Hello Everyone,
Not sure if this qualifies as a trick or tip, but thought I'd share that I've just swapped out my "old" (but still in working order) powder extinguishers x2, for x2 new Fire Sticks (see pic).

Given the new sticks are only ~318g each, it's also saving just under 1.5kg's of payload (worth a tinny or two šŸ˜‰).

Hopefully I'll never have to use them, but given they have a minimum 15yr shelf life and no annual testing requirements (how many people ā€Šreally get their "normal" powder/CO2 ones tested?), they can only be a step forward in protection...

Cheers,

Rich.

View attachment 757076

I had 2 of them and then bought another 2 using the Funster discount obtained by Wombles. (y)

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
M

MH04RMV

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 24, 2021
Funster No
MH
Cheyenne 632 SE
Two on Tour šŸ‘

Curses and naughty words, didn't realise we had a discount code otherwise I wouldn't have got them at the NEC show a few months back... šŸ™„

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
I have a fire stick and think itā€™s a great idea/item but not good enough to do away with a small dry powder completely , I still keep a 1kg one
time will tell šŸ¤”

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
One of the reasons I decided on a fire stick is I found my powder extinguisher was 2 years out of date, my fire stick is good until 2038. Which is probably longer than I am šŸ˜€šŸ˜€

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back