LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
By the looks of the wear on the road markings (the Give Way triangle and broken lines) priorities have been like that for a while. Google Maps view is July 2016 and the video was uploaded yesterday but was that when it happened?

With 3 advanced warning signs before the actual give way sign, 1 at 160 yds, 1 at 80 yds and again just before the Give Way line, there is no excuse to have not seen them.
And there's a rumble strip as well.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
move back down the road on google maps and the sign about changed priorities at the junction has been there so long it is covered in verdigris

adt

Mar 28, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Nuevo
Exp
Since 2016
That was unexpected - here was me waiting to see what happened to the cyclist and missed the crash first time round !
Definitely looks like a T-junction to me and there was no way that the MH was slowing down for that give way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It's here: https://goo.gl/maps/zx33oFvnx6w
The right of way is a bit odd as vehicles on the A823 have to give way to vehicles on the B914.
Thanks for that, now I can see the junction properly ... what I thought might be a roundabout was the road on the other side of the junction.

It's good to hear that those involved didn't suffer any serious injuries.

Reactions: DBK

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
The streetview map is surely newer than the aerial one.

Of course it is, it just shows the right of way had changed before the incident, and possibly the motorhomer was using old sat nav mapping, which does not excuse his lack of attention to the road.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
The priority at this junction was changed early 2000's in favour of the B914 given the layout of the approaches to the junction. Instead of erecting new signs the old ones were patched over giving this result.
upload_2017-8-7_21-29-51.jpeg

So not that new.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back