Ouch !!! (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
I think he had it on cruise control and was making the tea!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Seen it earlier on FB , I wonder where he would have gone if he hadn't hit the car, looked as if he had no intention of stopping. Very lucky no one was badly injured.

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Bloody cyclists........ Obviously distracted that poor driver with their hi viz clothing ;)

I do hope that no one was badly hurt.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I can't be sure but to me it appears the car was the one who was actually at fault and not the MHer ... the car looks to be going way too fast for the road/roundabout and went into the camper's bit of road, rather than staying on his own bit of road ... difficult to say for certain but if you look at the location of the camper when it got hit, it was on the 'light' bit of road surface before the different coloured roundabout piece of road.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I can't be sure but to me it appears the car was the one who was actually at fault and not the MHer ... the car looks to be going way too fast for the road/roundabout and went into the camper's bit of road, rather than staying on his own bit of road ... difficult to say for certain but if you look at the location of the camper when it got hit, it was on the 'light' bit of road surface before the different coloured roundabout piece of road.

There is a give way sign and opposite there is a direction sign pointing left and right. Looks to me like it is a T junction and the guy just went straight across.
Looks a bit like a cross roads but offset to the left?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
definitely the motorhome driver at fault he failed to slow and give way

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Nothing that a little T-CUT wont sort out it will be on a dealer forecourt within a week as good a new ;):D

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
definitely the motorhome driver at fault he failed to slow and give way
Maybe, but I can't quite tell if there's something on the main road or not due to the ruddy cyclist being in the way! :D Anyone know the bit of road in question?

If you watch the video you can see that the MH brake lights come on (they show white) so he was definitely braking but I can't see if it actually slowed him or not ... possible brake failure?

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
He left it much too late if he did intend to stop. Looks like he intended to go straight on at the cross roads and didn't realise he had a give way line until way too late. Satnav driving just told him to carry on and he wasn't paying attention to road signs. My best guess.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Poor mohome driver, wifey had the map upside down :rolleyes:
Typical of a man to blame a woman when its HIS fault ... happens all the time! :D

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Oh bugger, the van was a Funster who was bringing Bigtree's Alugas bottle up from Lincoln. :D2

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Looking on a big screen the Give Way is facing the MH and I think the confusing roads ahead may be a dual carriageway with a gap in it. The poor car was just going straight minding his own business. Maybe the MH was turning right onto it.

The MH driver's head would have paid the price as it slammed into his door.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Looking on a big screen the Give Way is facing the MH and I think the confusing roads ahead may be a dual carriageway with a gap in it. The poor car was just going straight minding his own business. Maybe the MH was turning right onto it.

The MH driver's head would have paid the price as it slammed into his door.

Agree, Brian.
The MH braked, but not enough to significantly slow progress.
The sign was clearly a "Give Way" one, which the MH driver didn't do to any degree.
The car driver stood no chance of avoiding collision.
MH driver's fault entirely.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
There is a give way sign and opposite there is a direction sign pointing left and right. Looks to me like it is a T junction and the guy just went straight across.
Looks a bit like a cross roads but offset to the left?
I have been through it frame by frame and totally agree. The motorhome was traveling too fast to stop at a T junction both ignoring the give way sign and the white lines across his lane. Easy to say but the car driver made no attempt to avoid the van as his wheels continued in a a straight direction without any change to his speed. The van driver wasn't asleep as he was on his brakes even before passing the cyclists. Good to see just how willing the cyclists were to dump their bikes and run to assist. Well done the Cyclists....(y)

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I think you need to run a frame by frame view when you will agree that your first view makes no sense.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I read this on another forum, the cyclist reported personally, both vehicles were German or Dutch, that will not have helped, but it is also a well know accident black spot where the priorities were changed last year

Amazingly only cuts and bruises and as he said, even the bikes stayed attached to the back

Near Knockhill circuit, if anybody local to there knows it

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I read this on another forum, the cyclist reported personally, both vehicles were German or Dutch, that will not have helped, but it is also a well know accident black spot where the priorities were changed last year

Amazingly only cuts and bruises and as he said, even the bikes stayed attached to the back

Was living in that aria though I recognise the bit of road Bill

Apr 5, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Newbies

Eyes on the SatNav rather than the road. If there had been a recent change in the road layout, the sat nav may not be updated.
Lesson to all.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.

If you zoom out the right of way changes.
With 3 advanced warning signs before the actual give way sign, 1 at 160 yds, 1 at 80 yds and again just before the Give Way line, there is no excuse to have not seen them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back