Free Member
May 10, 2017
South West England
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer
Exp
I'm a newbie
Got home from Bagwell Rally and the branches on the trees in my lane have grown and I lobbed one off with my tv satellite!! A Sputnik shaped satellite! (Not that I'm really familiar with Sputnik shapes!) I've lost the top pointy bit and now the wire is waggling free ..... any advice!??
Can I get second hand ones?? New ones look expensive? Maybe there's a different shape/model that would be better as my lane is a dirt track bridal path so I don't have helpful lorries taking out low growing branches ... only my Doris ventures down it! !

Any advice glatefully received!
Joy

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Oooo yes I think it is! I didn't know what the aerial was called lol. Thanks so much for your time and help!
Cheers
Joy
Off topic I know but glad you enjoyed your first meet. Hope there are many more!

Upvote 0
Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
I know how you feel I had an argument with a tree when at Max's sisters last October...they have a few trees on the lower drive where we park and reversing out I totally forgot and smashed the sat dome with a low hanging branch .....Max collected all the pieces and unbelievably he managed to put it all back together using white gorilla duct tape inside and out. It works fine and you can't tell looking at it but we will replace it.....expensive mistake though as they were about ÂŁ160 last time I looked

Upvote 0
OP
OP
JoyJoy

JoyJoy

Free Member
May 10, 2017
South West England
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer
Exp
I'm a newbie
I know how you feel I had an argument with a tree when at Max's sisters last October...they have a few trees on the lower drive where we park and reversing out I totally forgot and smashed the sat dome with a low hanging branch .....Max collected all the pieces and unbelievably he managed to put it all back together using white gorilla duct tape inside and out. It works fine and you can't tell looking at it but we will replace it.....expensive mistake though as they were about ÂŁ160 last time I looked
Ooo I've got some of that gorilla tape! Better than ÂŁ160! Will I find the bit though?? I'm off to look, oh, there's something strange falling from the sky!! Not seen any of this stuff for months!!
Thanks for your help and beware those branches!.,
Cheers
Joy

Upvote 0
Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Ooo I've got some of that gorilla tape! Better than ÂŁ160! Will I find the bit though?? I'm off to look, oh, there's something strange falling from the sky!! Not seen any of this stuff for months!!
Thanks for your help and beware those branches!.,
Cheers
Joy
We have plenty trees at the back of our new property but fortunately none by the drive at the front so easy getting out.
Hope you get yours sorted

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I think that's a great idea Wynn, and I think it would work a treat! Thank you!
No I'm afraid not Joy. I put that forward as a joke (shows my sense of humour!) The real ones have a threaded metal centre which I presume is to do with the signal reception. Sorry :(

Wyn

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
One question ... does the 'pointy bit' actually do anything TV wise? If it's only there for radio reception/channels do you really need it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Have you tried using the tv/aerial ?........... it probably still works without the 'tip'

Upvote 0
OP
OP
JoyJoy

JoyJoy

Free Member
May 10, 2017
South West England
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer
Exp
I'm a newbie
One question ... does the 'pointy bit' actually do anything TV wise? If it's only there for radio reception/channels do you really need it?

I don't know but I wonder if today's rain will seep in? And could that then get into the roof fabric and cause another problem? I can't get up to cover it up yet, dodgy knee!! But I may have to have a go ... perhaps?

I've tried using the tv but 'lost data' comes up, so later I will try it indoors at home. See what happens then.

Thanks for your reply.

Joy

Upvote 0

Norfolk Nomad

Free Member
Feb 23, 2017
Feltwell
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2017
Absolutely no help whatsoever but when I saw the post branch attack it brought back memories of Basil Fawlty beating his car with a branch. Brilliant!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back