Onboard safe or not? (1 Viewer)

Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
In my Possl 2win (Citroen relay globecar forerunner) under the dinette seats is a space filled with the frame for the forward facing passenger seatbelts. It’s a weird space to fill and I fancied putting a safe in there to put our E-bike batteries and chargers and other valuables in unless anyone has another way of utilising this space? All answers gratefully received 👍😁
Alex

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
In my Possl 2win (Citroen relay globecar forerunner) under the dinette seats is a space filled with the frame for the forward facing passenger seatbelts. It’s a weird space to fill and I fancied putting a safe in there to put our E-bike batteries and chargers and other valuables in unless anyone has another way of utilising this space? All answers gratefully received 👍😁
Alex
I wouldn't put ebike batteries in a safe.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Gingernuts
Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
IF they catch fire, I’ll be running away not trying to get them out! The fire brigade wouldn’t be trying to get them out either.
They’re advice is to put them in water, so I’ll open the safe and fill it with water…………..if I’m feeling brave.😉

Upvote 0

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
IF they catch fire, I’ll be running away not trying to get them out! The fire brigade wouldn’t be trying to get them out either.
They’re advice is to put them in water, so I’ll open the safe and fill it with water…………..if I’m feeling brave.😉
Got to admit I would not even think to put ours in a safe.

Upvote 1
Dec 28, 2017
Loughborough
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
We have a safe in bedroom cupboard always us it to keep passports money wallet Motorhome documents in when travelling in Europe electric bike batteries go under one of seat cupboards on the floor.

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If you buy a small safe buy one with proper keys, not a numerical pad and of course fix it to the metal seatbelt frame.
The keypad type are soooo easy to open if you know how.
Don't ask, I'm keeping schtum.

Upvote 0

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
If you buy a small safe buy one with proper keys, not a numerical pad and of course fix it to the metal seatbelt frame.
The keypad type are soooo easy to open if you know how.
Don't ask, I'm keeping schtum.

You don't have to keep schtum as there are plenty of Youtube videos on the finer art of thumping a safe with a numerical pad in the right place. ;)

Upvote 0
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Alex
I think that the problems with safes is that if they find one it will focus their minds to ripping it out no matter what damage they couse.
My safe is a plastic box - but hidden in a place where very few would find it.
I would use the space but hope it's not somewhere that they are likely to look.

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
You don't have to keep schtum as there are plenty of Youtube videos on the finer art of thumping a safe with a numerical pad in the right place. ;)
And I proved it works on my own safe.
I keep nothing of value in it now, just things like MOT and insurance docs.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back