Old K Yacht (1 Viewer)

Apr 26, 2018
England, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
Doing our research and we keep coming back to k yachts.
The biggest downside is the new price . Tried looking for second hand ones and cannot see any am I looking in the wrong place.
The nearest I can see is Ksilver reg 2018.
The question is are K Yachts new for 2019.
Question 2 are K Yachts or K Silver good Motorhomes.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
They've been around for a while, I think they're Italian.

They look like nice vans and a few on here have them, I think the biggest issue is the payload.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Innkeeper
Apr 26, 2018
England, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
They've been around for a while, I think they're Italian.

They look like nice vans and a few on here have them, I think the biggest issue is the payload.

Thanks we wanted a van that was between 4 and 10 yrs old so will just look harder.
Seen a new one on our travels and both thought it was great
Now to find one in budget LOL

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
The only importers are Marquis and they are not known for their service. If you like Italian design then there is the Laika which is very well put together. Part of the Hymer Group but don't let that put you off they are far better than the Hymers :p

I think the problem you are having is the model. Although there are lots of Mobilvetta Motorhomes for sale the K-Yacht version is only a few years old. There are a number on Autotrader for sale. Search Mobilvetta and see what comes up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I think the problem with ones a couple of years old is the dealers want nearly as much as a new one although if you have one to trade in its a different story!!!! Might be worth drawing up a shortlist and posting a wanted ad seeing if anyone is trading in something you want they could get a slightly better price you could too.

Upvote 0

Alfie159

Free Member
Mar 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 2019
Exp
Daft question but if one struggles in the uk to buy a specific MH, do people even consider buying from reputable dealers in Europe ? As a previous vw California owner, well when I collect my new van later I will be; I recall lots of fellow cali owners who brought their cali from vw dealers in Belgium, Norway etc

Is there not opportunity this way? Do people rate any Italian dealers on here ?

There is processes to register imported vehicles in mainland uk ?

Just a thought I guess

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Daft question but if one struggles in the uk to buy a specific MH, do people even consider buying from reputable dealers in Europe ? As a previous vw California owner, well when I collect my new van later I will be; I recall lots of fellow cali owners who brought their cali from vw dealers in Belgium, Norway etc

Is there not opportunity this way? Do people rate any Italian dealers on here ?

There is processes to register imported vehicles in mainland uk ?

Just a thought I guess
Lots of people buy imports but with the current level of the pound I would be surprised if it was worth it

Upvote 0
Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
Isn’t the issue with older Mobilvettas that they’ve been produced in Italy but until Marquis picked them up there’s not been an importer at times? This seems to have affected various Italian makes (Rimor another) and also some German ones (E.g. Euramobil.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Thanks we wanted a van that was between 4 and 10 yrs old so will just look harder.
Seen a new one on our travels and both thought it was great
Now to find one in budget LOL

Don't think the older ones were called K yachts, just yacht Maybe? 0r euroyacht, like this.

Broken Link Removed

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Innkeeper
Apr 26, 2018
England, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Learning all the time
First off thanks for the replies.
Right why a K Yacht on the advice of people on here went to have a look at some dealers while we were on our travels. Miles to a big dealer from where we live. Anyway while looking round seen in the show room a Brand New K Yacht all nice and shiney with nice leather seats. So we both went WOW thinking back now it was the first still is the only new A Class we have been in. Should say at this point we our looking for our first Motorhome.
Then bought a few mags opened one and there's an add for K Yachts so anyway that's where this model Mororhome came to our minds.
From what's been said bit confused, are these poor quality campervans or is it the UK Distributor whose after care is lacking.
Would buying one of these abroad solve some of the problems? Would not mind doing this if necessary.
In fact do people buy second hand Van's abroad, and would this raise it's own issues?
Hope this makes sense.

Upvote 0

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Pick a layout you fancy, pick a base vehicle you like, pick a body style you like, A Class, Coach built etc. Decide your top price, then go to a decent Motorhome show and go in every vehicle that fits your criteria then find a second hand one that suits your price if not buying new, and your off!(y)

Upvote 0

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
First off thanks for the replies.
Right why a K Yacht on the advice of people on here went to have a look at some dealers while we were on our travels. Miles to a big dealer from where we live. Anyway while looking round seen in the show room a Brand New K Yacht all nice and shiney with nice leather seats. So we both went WOW thinking back now it was the first still is the only new A Class we have been in. Should say at this point we our looking for our first Motorhome.
Then bought a few mags opened one and there's an add for K Yachts so anyway that's where this model Mororhome came to our minds.
From what's been said bit confused, are these poor quality campervans or is it the UK Distributor whose after care is lacking.
Would buying one of these abroad solve some of the problems? Would not mind doing this if necessary.
In fact do people buy second hand Van's abroad, and would this raise it's own issues?
Hope this makes sense.
As said by someone earlier it is the dealer (marquis) and their after care service that is the problem

Upvote 0

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
euroyacht 290 on ebay

s-l1600.jpg

• s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
Mouse over image to zoom
Sell it yourself
tradingclocks (556
iconPurpleStar_25x25.gif
)
100% Positive Feedback

Contact seller

See other items

Registered as a business seller
Condition:
Used

Classified ad price:
£25,650.00

Upvote 0

Bonkers the Dog

Free Member
Nov 9, 2018
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2 yrs
I looked at the K series mobilveta's before I went for a pilote explorateur G782, nearly pulled the trigger on one as I liked the design inside, a dealer in Perth had a lovely one on his forecourt and I was sorely tempted. However, two things put me off when I started my due diligence. First was the payload, its very small, about 370kg IIRC, that's just not enough to do anything, especially if you have hobbies and children, and a wife who likes to five star it! once you deduct fuel, water, passengers, food and drink, more drink, bikes, BBQ and various sundries your allowance is away. They do a chassis upgrade but only on new orders , again IIRC, but its still not great.

Secondly, I was also advised on the QT that the build quality is not the best; make of that what you will as it is difficult to quantify, but that came from an established, well respected independent dealer.

There is a good review of them on Utube, one of the on-line mags, worth a look. It gets a good overall score but as I said, the weight issue really decided it for me.

I am uber happy with my pilote, its built like a tank and has a massive payload and enough storage to meet all our needs; couldn't ask for better.

Good luck with what ever you choose.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back