Free Member
Apr 26, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
A few years
It’s a strange (and of course upsetting) time.

But....let’s make use of our free time effectively, which will surely act as a great bit of escapism as well as focus for brighter days.

So I’ve now got a few projects planned for my MoHo such as Refillable Gas Bottle install as well as a Solar Panel install.

So what’s on your (project) plan for the next few months?

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Itching to complete a house purchase...... Then I would have a very long list of jobs I can occupy myself with including my own garage to do it in!
I was booked for a theory test for Motorbike too (cancelled) and planned to buy a 300cc scooter type bike and renovate it.

Dan and Jan

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 16, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Between Vans
Exp
On and off since 2000
Building a deck at the FILs house.
stacks of wood to cut up for burning next year.
Garage roof to replace at FILs
Veg to put in.
luckily I have just broken a rib, so R&R for 6 weeks. :oops: :whistle2:

Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010
The sun will get warmer so the garden may get to look smarter this year, I can walk the dogs more often and even take a picnic with me, I can go sit in the MH and pretend I'm somewhere else, I live in the country and at best times don't see many people, I can certainly avoid the ones I do see, I can teach myself to draw even paint by sitting in the paddock and chatting to the chickens while sketching, and then go so mental they will come and cart me off in a straight jacket.?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
Any jobs I have will have to be completed really carefully. They cannot be rushed. They must be thought through and implemented with meticulas attention to detail.

Basically they will have to fill up my time for at least 3 months. I do not want to finish too early!!

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I'm planning to demolish two old sheds and build a new 18'x12' to house the train set that's been sitting in the loft for the best part of forty years. The train layout may be a 5 minute wonder but after I've scratched the itch I can sell it and still have a super size workshop to house all the new tools I bought to help build it. Any volunteers to man the cement mixer when I do the base?

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
New house, overboarding the fence. 200 ish boards done, 500 to go. Once finished, I'm allowed to 'play' with the motorhome. Solar panel, extra leisure battery and a host of smaller non essential stuff.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Going to fit reversing camera and mirror monitor I bought from ebay for motorhome
I've got one of those to do aswell, it's a brake light combined camera. Spent most of today routing a cable for an oyster dish. Fitted new tv bracket for 24 inch Avtex. Changing two sockets for ones with sat tv connections. Plenty to go at for the next 2 days ....

Vic

Aug 1, 2010
Funster No
A 2005 Harley to restore/modify, scooter to service, rental house to paint, convince dr I don't need/want chemo yet, my own house sale to complete and then another house to decorate, fit new kitchen, two bathrooms and a motorhome to wash. I don't think three months will be enough.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Strip my broken Titan electric chainsaw spinning but has the appearance of slipping clutch. But it’s not the clutch. It’s the other side of the drive side. If this make sense. Can’t find a strip down pic anywhere. Unless you know better? Don’t want to buy a new one as I have spare chains and blades

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Strip my broken Titan electric chainsaw spinning but has the appearance of slipping clutch. But it’s not the clutch. It’s the other side of the drive side. If this make sense. Can’t find a strip down pic anywhere. Unless you know better? Don’t want to buy a new one as I have spare chains and blades
Had a similar cheaper chainsaw and the drive cog simply broke, clutch was irrelevant and couldn't find a matching cog.

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I've been thinking about solar for ages this could be the time to get around to it
Go for it.
Keep in mind possible upgrades if money is tight at the moment.
I started with second hand single panel, PWM controller, new wire and connectors.

Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019
staying alive.......sensibly:giggle:

Why hijack a post which is trying to take people’s minds of the current situation and get them thinking about what else they could be doing?

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We have spent the last 14 summers in our French place so this year we will see our garden, in summer, for the first time since we moved into this house 4 years ago. Normally our daughter and son-in-law keep it tidy for us but this year we will really sort it out.

A large decking area has been completed and is the process of being oiled. Lots more to do!

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Go for it.
Keep in mind possible upgrades if money is tight at the moment.
I started with second hand single panel, PWM controller, new wire and connectors.
Kits seem pretty cheap at the moment. As we have so far managed 6 years without any solar I think a relatively modest amount of solar will do

Jul 14, 2018
UK
Funster No
MH
1993 Swift Kon-Tiki
Exp
Ten years plus
Solar panels and a Chinese heater that i bought a while ago

Garratt

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Miskin
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer D55+
Exp
Since 2017
I've already started building some more coaches and wagons for my garden railway, and am planning to decorate the kitchen over the next few days. I HATE decorating, but it's got to be done.

Nov 25, 2019
Dartmouth
Funster No
MH
1990 swift kon tiki
Exp
I,m a newbie
I also got a solar panel
which came with van but need the controler for it so think get one off ebay and see about fitting the panels on roof as it one like a suitcase wen closed so see if can fit on roof an that way should keep battery charged all time then all going well

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back