Oh Well... All Will Be Great In Due Course... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Just got back to my little piece of Paradise after a superb few days in the seaside town of Fiqueira Da Foz with Funster friends...

Brilliant.

This was the second (mini) trip away and each day in the van reveals another aspect of it that I love. Ok it was cheap and cheerful and is pretty rough, but I am growing more fond of it each day...

However, when on the road, its nasty side reveals itself. Huge and sustained clouds of black, sooty smoke pour out from the exhaust, along with ample loads of blue smoke too.
A check on the dipstick reveals that Burt The Burstner has a drink problem.

He is consuming at least two litres of oil in about 600 kilometres!

This cannot go on so after considerable thought into the matter, I have decided to see if I can get the 1.9 diesel engine re-conditioned. I have visited the doctor at my very favourite garage and have had a consultation.

I prefer the rebuild path rather than a complete new second hand engine on the grounds that with the rebuild I will know where we are whereas with a used engine one takes pot luck.

The chief surgeon is checking the availability and price of new "organs" and I await the outcome with excitement.

Okay, it will be hundreds and hundreds of euros but, after the pain has subsided, I should have a great little motorhome in which to potter around my favourite places and maybe even find new ones.

JJ :cool:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
😉 We would never have found you if it wasn't for the smoke signals JJ. 😁
Lovely weekend we really enjoyed it, don't you listen to all those people that say you can't do this and you can't do that in Portugal, knowledge is a wonderful thing, and Burt The Burstner drinks nothing compared to the Irishman that was with us. 😁 Bob Janie and Izzy. 👍

IMG_20201010_164408151.jpg

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
No way.. We're in Fig Foz as we affectionately call it after making it home for the last 6 days. Absolutely love it. One more night then heading to Tomar.

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
you will enjoy the graffiti in Tomar (not);)

and dont get caught out with the toll road

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
🤔 Graffiti is all over Europe unfortunately, been coming to Portugal since 2007 and never been on a toll road. 😁
We love Tomar very nice town and free services/ parking in the old campsite. 😁 The Lodge all you can eat Portuguese buffet is very good if your hungry, we sat out on the roof terrace with our dog. 👍 🙂 Bob.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I told him about a pasta restaurant in Valencia that you eat and drink as much as you like for €9.50 😉 you serve yourself and nowhere does it say you have to eat. 😁 Bob.

Reactions: JJ

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back