LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Another big shout out to nigelivy and RogerIvy at Offgrid Power Solutions, we arrived this morning to have a Victron Orion 50ah B2B and Victron 500ah Shunt fitted.

So after 15 mins discussion I added another 175w solar panel with Victron Smart 75/15 controller and Battery Master onto the list.

A lift into Wantage with the boss, Mrs Ivy, to explore whilst they worked their magic and voila, what a fantastic neat installation.

Everything was put back into place after a good hoover round by Nigel whilst Roger explain all the app settings and i’m chuffed to bits.

We’re staying here tonight, the suns out and the view is beautiful ☀️

We had a lovely lesson from Roger about his bees and he even gave us some honey for our toast in the morning 👍

a big thank you to you both and the main boss for taxiing us to and from Wantage, brilliant service and highly recommended.

Al and Val

IMG_0596.jpeg
IMG_0597.jpeg
IMG_0598.jpeg
IMG_0593.jpeg

PS. i’m now chucking in 630w solar and 90ah from the B2B’s into the 560ah Fogstar batteries, if I run out of power now i’ll blame Val 🤣🤣

Get In 😜

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2007
Wantage, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Motorhoming since 2006, 30 years tent camping in Africa
Can I ask why you have down sized from a 100-30 to a 75-15 solar controller?
Thanks.
There were already two 215w panels in series. We added a single 175w panel in the available space.
If you do the “math” the only way to easily get most out of the extra panel is with its own controller.

OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
So we left Roger and Nigel this morning after a very peaceful nights sleep, I took note that the batteries were on 89% SOC.

When setting off I had the JBD BMS app open in my iphone whilst travelling and WOW!, it was constantly showing 80-85amps going into the batteries from both B2B’s and both solar circuits.

I didn’t time it but think battery SOC was 100% in less than an hour, quite a bit less if i’m honest, we’re parked at a pub stop and been out on our bikes after boiling the kettle 3-4 times before and once just now, and the battery SOC is still 99%.

The charging system is superb and i’m chuffed to bits.

Does anyone want to buy 3 different length ehu cables as I can’t see me using them ever again. 👍

I can’t thank and recommend this father/son duo enough

and we left with a jar of Roger’s very own Ivy Bees Honey, lovely on my toast this morning 🐝

IMG_0613.jpeg

Apr 14, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Great news, all the reports seem to confirm the guys doing a great job.

On another note, does this mean those of us with the XS 50A B2B on back order can expect delivery soon?

OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
This was Roger checking everything the following morning before we set off so I asked him to take a couple of photos whist he was up the ladder

IMG_0606-compressed.jpeg
IMG_0610-compressed.jpeg

and me taking in the lovely view

IMG_0608-compressed.jpeg

As pointed out by Roger there’s still room for another 2 x 100 watt panels down either side 🤣 but i’ll wait n see how it performs as is for the time being

IMG_0635-compressed.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back