O dear o dear …….. (1 Viewer)

Jul 10, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
On a campsite this morning ( heading off to another in Spain) at the motorhome service point emptying my toilet cassette) . Big signs saying no car washing and up pulls a Spanish tent camper in his car , the front of which is covered in bird shit . He proceeds to use the fresh water hose to wash the shit off and then use the tip of the hose to scrape off the crusty stubborn bits . Happy with his work he chucks the hose on the guano slurry floor and leaves .
Yes I did clean / disinfect the fresh water hose for the next unfortunate , what is it with some people ?

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Going to repost this from 2019 at a motocross meeting in Belgium. We saw a guy wash out his cassette with that hose :sick:
IMG_3771.jpeg
This was the only drinking water available. We carry extra drinking water now :oops:

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
On a campsite this morning ( heading off to another in Spain) at the motorhome service point emptying my toilet cassette) . Big signs saying no car washing and up pulls a Spanish tent camper in his car , the front of which is covered in bird shit . He proceeds to use the fresh water hose to wash the shit off and then use the tip of the hose to scrape off the crusty stubborn bits . Happy with his work he chucks the hose on the guano slurry floor and leaves .
Yes I did clean / disinfect the fresh water hose for the next unfortunate , what is it with some people ?
Well done you for being so considerate to others unlike that t""t (y)

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Not an uncommon experience unfortunately.
The words shite,as and thick come to mind.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2022
Watford, Hertfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 599 S
Going to repost this from 2019 at a motocross meeting in Belgium. We saw a guy wash out his cassette with that hose :sick: View attachment 893324This was the only drinking water available. We carry extra drinking water now :oops:
Putting a hose next to/that reaches the dump station, what would one expect?

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
I personally don't feel I am "entitled" and don't consider everything is for my convenience. I would have checked first before I even attempted to use a hose to rinse out my dirt be it cassette, flip flops or my dirty dishes.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
We pulled up to a free camperstop in Spain recently. Facilities provided by the town. Big notice politely asking campers not to use the water for washing Motorhomes. So what are the Germans doing with their huge 8metre Motorhome ……. ? Climbing up on the roof and making sure clean everywhere. We had a quick break and didn’t stay, didn’t want to be associated with them.

Jul 29, 2022
Watford, Hertfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 599 S
Just back from year touring USA in our Kon-Tiki 599.
We only used them for 30 nights of 356, but in RV Parks most pitches have a dump station, for US black tank hose
and a single tap to supply "city" water.
That same tap is used to wash the "stinky slinky", so you always sterilise tap before touching.
Always attach our own hose as I know it's food safe.
That said we don't drink the water from the tank, carry bottled.
Does not help tap contamination but we used and will us in UK/Europe Clear20 filters

Last edited:

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
We pulled up to a free camperstop in Spain recently. Facilities provided by the town. Big notice politely asking campers not to use the water for washing Motorhomes. So what are the Germans doing with their huge 8metre Motorhome ……. ? Climbing up on the roof and making sure clean everywhere. We had a quick break and didn’t stay, didn’t want to be associated with them.
Let them try that in Germany thed get fined or arrested

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
One time we went to the Sunshine Festival at Upton upon Severn which was pre Covid there was no tap to wash the casettes so you had to take your own bottle with you if you like to rinse, no problem. Unfortunately there was a drinking water tap quite close. A man started rinsing there. I shouted to him and explained, he carried on. I thought he’d just been confused.

I reported the confusion to the organisers. The comment was that it was fine as long as the tap didn’t touch the cassette! I explained the H&S implications, it didn’t seem to connect with the persons brain so I sent an email to the organisers. No idea if it was sorted as we’ve not been back since Covid.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
One time we went to the Sunshine Festival at Upton upon Severn which was pre Covid there was no tap to wash the casettes so you had to take your own bottle with you if you like to rinse, no problem. Unfortunately there was a drinking water tap quite close. A man started rinsing there. I shouted to him and explained, he carried on. I thought he’d just been confused.

I reported the confusion to the organisers. The comment was that it was fine as long as the tap didn’t touch the cassette! I explained the H&S implications, it didn’t seem to connect with the persons brain so I sent an email to the organisers. No idea if it was sorted as we’ve not been back since Covid.
I'm at upton folk festival and the waterer taps appear to be well away. But it's the field by the bridge not the rfc due to weather they are big black tanks with screw lid on top . Great if yourv12 ft tall

I've not tried to use it yet. May take it home

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We saw a French chap in a hire Motorhome filling his water tank by holding a hose ,with no fittings , against the cassette cleaning tap.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We saw a French chap in a hire Motorhome filling his water tank by holding a hose ,with no fittings , against the cassette cleaning tap.
Don’t think the French use their water tank for drinking as every one I’ve seen uses bottled water.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I'm at upton folk festival and the waterer taps appear to be well away. But it's the field by the bridge not the rfc due to weather they are big black tanks with screw lid on top . Great if yourv12 ft tall

I've not tried to use it yet. May take it home
The Upton Upon Severn blues festival was always brilliant. We used to go every year. It was just one of the years when we went to the Sunshine Festival. Different organisers for the different festivals. Have a great time.
I suppose my point was that it’s not just overseas that you see terrible black waste behaviour!

Nick hates those big tanks, he’s not very tall so his heart sinks when he sees those!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back