Nottingham somewhere to overnight (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Hi all, we may have to return to Nottingham middle of next week my wife’s son is critically ill and undergoes open heart surgery on Monday. We live in Northumberland and I am pondering the feasibility of bringing the van down, the hotel bills for 3 visits totalling 9 days this last 2 weeks have been truly buttock clenching. Anyone recommend anywhere with easy access to Nottingham City Hospital be it a pub stopover, CS site or whatever, within a reasonably priced taxi ride. Many thanks it may be for 3-4 days.

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Stewart, sympathies for your situation. As I live fairly locally I have not stayed on a campsite but a couple of pointers for you.

Broken Link Removed

and

Broken Link Removed

Mike

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
All the best for your step sons speedy recovery.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Stewart,

There is a large Park and Ride facility at Wilkinson Street from which a Medilink bus goes to City Hospital. Had a look on Google Earth and can see a height barrier folded back and a double decker bus in there. I will see if I can telephone tomorrow and ask if you can park in there. Not a difficult drive from the campsites I mentioned.

Mike

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
It’s been a difficult couple of weeks Sandra thank you, must say I hate driving up and down the A1 and M1. Driving home Sunday evening as no visiting Monday or Tuesday he will be in a medically induced sleep after the op so fingers crossed all goes well his mum wants to be back Wednesday.

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Stewart, sympathies for your situation. As I live fairly locally I have not stayed on a campsite but a couple of pointers for you.

Broken Link Removed

and

Broken Link Removed

Mike
Thank you Mike that’s most appreciated.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I have seen motorhomes parked up overnight at city hospital in the purple and yellow car parks although there are height barriers. Might be worth you ringing the parking office to see if they can help.

Are you in the caravan club? this is pretty close to City Hosp, it's been there a long time but I've never stayed there
https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/certi...and/nottinghamshire/nottingham/tophouse-farm/

there are 3 or 4 cl's all around that side of town.

All the very best

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Stayed at Thorntons Holt several times in the RV when our youngest was at Notts uni, nice site although unless its changed the dawn chorus is likely to wake you up, chickens, geese ect. All wandering about.:) Best wishes for the son.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
There is a camp site Riddings Woods at Riddings,,bus stop outside but its a slow bus into Nottingham and takes about an hour,(16miles)..Shuttle bus from Nottm bus station to City Hospital.BUSBY.

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
I have spoken to the car park office at City Hospital and you can park in the Purple car park, no height barrier.

Coming from the campsite follow signs for Mansfield, down hill past cemetery to island, straight over and you will come to set of traffic lights, turn left along Hucknall Road. Next island is at ring road, right onto ring road and at next island turn left on Edwards Lane. Don’t take first road intomhospital, take the second and the car park is immediately on your left.

Only restriction is no cooking etc in motorhome.

Let me know if you need any further information.

Reactions: GJH

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back