Nordelettronica NE 287 charger

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta KYacht 85
Help needed Please! I have a 21A and a 17A NE287 factory fitted to Mobilvetta. Trying to figure out how these work together. It appears that they are connected in parallel and only one is active if there is a low power requirement. Does any one have expert knowledge or experience of this? Manual I have is not technical enough and can’t find any more information. They are located behind a panel so really hard to work on without dismantling part of the van! Thanks in advance - Ian

OP
OP
R
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta KYacht 85
That's a surprise - Thought there must be a Funster with some experience of this! Have dismantled some boxing and investigating further close up.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I think most people may not understand what you are referring to, A 21A and 17A what? What is connected in parallel? Batteries, solar panels, fuses, chargers?

OP
OP
R
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta KYacht 85
I think most people may not understand what you are referring to, A 21A and 17A what? What is connected in parallel? Batteries, solar panels, fuses, chargers?
Hi Peter - NE 287 is a mains charger from Nordelettronica as the title. I have a 21A version and a 17A version that are inaccessible so not easy to investigate. They must be wired in parrallel as far as I can tell but only one seems to live judging by indicating lights. Without getting up close cant do any tests or measurements easily. May be a blown internal fuse

OP
OP
R
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta KYacht 85
OK so mystery solved! Having traced wiring and checked voltages the second 17A charger is not connected to batteries but is a power supply for the underfloor heating. Not shown on wiring diagrams but must be 12V.

Embarking on a Lithium update so getting to grips with what is there. Lots of great posts and experience on this site. Planning 230Ah underseat Roamer lithium battery with Renology 50A Solar/MPPT/B2B to inverter only. Want to keep existing 200Ah AGM battery bank doing habitation with existing solar and mains charger as is with existing intelligent split charge through "Nordelettronica electroblock" - NE196. Managed to get an unpublished internal wiring diagram so hope to be able to switch between battery banks when running engine as don't want to fry alternator. Not sure whether I can trick B2B into charging lithium battery off vehicle battery when engine is not running and mains charger is running or if will have to get another mains charger.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
6m Campervan
Does the NE287 not have a lithium charge profile? I thought it did.

OP
OP
R
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta KYacht 85
Does the NE287 not have a lithium charge profile? I thought it did.
Thanks for post. Unfortunately l have the last variant not to have a lithium profile. 2019 van but 2018 build. Never easy when you don’t have a blank canvas and pots of money.

Also struggle over winter with storing in a Dutch barn with no power. Sacrificial drain from alarm/tracker trashes van battery and solar as good as a chocolate fire guard in winter in a Dutch barn. In summer just enough to keep things up.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta kyacht85
Exp
4yrs
Thanks for post. Unfortunately l have the last variant not to have a lithium profile. 2019 van but 2018 build. Never easy when you don’t have a blank canvas and pots of money.

Also struggle over winter with storing in a Dutch barn with no power. Sacrificial drain from alarm/tracker trashes van battery and solar as good as a chocolate fire guard in winter in a Dutch barn. In summer just enough to keep things up.
OK so mystery solved! Having traced wiring and checked voltages the second 17A charger is not connected to batteries but is a power supply for the underfloor heating. Not shown on wiring diagrams but must be 12V.

Embarking on a Lithium update so getting to grips with what is there. Lots of great posts and experience on this site. Planning 230Ah underseat Roamer lithium battery with Renology 50A Solar/MPPT/B2B to inverter only. Want to keep existing 200Ah AGM battery bank doing habitation with existing solar and mains charger as is with existing intelligent split charge through "Nordelettronica electroblock" - NE196. Managed to get an unpublished internal wiring diagram so hope to be able to switch between battery banks when running engine as don't want to fry alternator. Not sure whether I can trick B2B into charging lithium battery off vehicle battery when engine is not running and mains charger is running or if will have to get another mains charger.
Hi,I have the same issue 2019 k85,not got the lithium profile on the settings. Have purchased a 280ah lithium Fogstar,will the lead profile charge the battery ? Did you replace your charging unit?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back