No Wildcamping anymore in Valencia Province (1 Viewer)

Spawn_e_git

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos 748
Exp
4 years
Yeah a mate who is out there atm just sent me this.

1613392092445.png

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
( Shame really I'd ban all the wildcamping if I had my way)

In a few short years I imagine wildcamping as we know it will be legislated or bye-lawed out of existence. As the bans like this one come along, it means more vans chasing less space and other haunts will be overwhelmed and the subsequent/more bans will come. Rinse and repeat.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I think the days of been able to just park up as you wish in a spot of your choosing are fast coming to an end be it on the continent or at home. Its not just the few idiots any more but granted that hasnt/doesn't help.. I'm referring to the desirable spots with nice surroundings that folk would want to use not your roadside lay-by or quiet industrial estate you might use for a night while travelling.....even for those who do it in what they would describe as a responsible manner..sheer weight of numbers of people wanting to do it makes it unsustainable..and I can understand locals feeling like they have had enough..
Think we are going to have to get used to making use of facilities provided for us to park up in more and more..
Andy..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
I think the days of been able to just park up as you wish in a spot of your choosing are fast coming to an end be it on the continent or at home. Its not just the few idiots any more but granted that hasnt/doesn't help.. I'm referring to the desirable spots with nice surroundings that folk would want to use not your roadside lay-by or quiet industrial estate you might use for a night while travelling.....even for those who do it in what they would describe as a responsible manner..sheer weight of numbers of people wanting to do it makes it unsustainable..and I can understand locals feeling like they have had enough..
Think we are going to have to get used to making use of facilities provided for us to park up in more and more..
Andy..
I don’t necessarily agree with wild camping either and wouldn’t mind if facilities were provided - ie ‘aires’ type. That won’t happen though, while CMC and C&CC are so powerful - we use Temporary Holiday Sites when we can, but paying £40 a night at the official campsites is just too expensive in my opinion.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I don’t necessarily agree with wild camping
Unfortunately I'd rather be able to select my own quiet spot and wild camp so to speak but I just don't see it as been an option as more and more people try and do the same..
I'm not particularly well travelled on the continent but my last trip over to Spain and Portugal left me feeling that it was only going to be a matter of time before something was done.. saw some absolutely beautiful spots on the coast in Portugal that had been turned into crowded campsites that I would have no wish to stop on anyway..
More familiar with Scotland but it is the same there..sheer weight of numbers of people wanting to please themselves..
Whilst I don't do it on the basis of saving money..I do agree that some of the fees been charged on sites is getting silly if all you want is somewhere to park up..in the main we have our own facilities which suffice most of the time..
Andy

Jan 6, 2017
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
Exp
since 2014
( Shame really I'd ban all the wildcamping if I had my way)
Why?? Is that because you don't do it / don't like it or are there substantiated reasons why you think the choice to 'wildcamp' responsibly should receive a blanket ban.

We enjoy having the choice of all types of stopover depending on our needs at the time and prevailing circumstances.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
This old chestnut about wild camping FLTs, fun loving
travellers/freeloading tossers, has been debated ever since I have been on MHF.
Sadly, as more and more people get into motorhoming, the situation will become more difficult to wildcamp. Even in France, Portugal, and Spain things are tightening up, hence this post.
Ironically, as we have become more self sufficient with Solar panels and multiple batteries we have been forced down the campsite route. At least the CLs are a cheaper option, but even they are putting up prices.
Enjoy it while you can.
Phil

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Unfortunately I'd rather be able to select my own quiet spot and wild camp so to speak but I just don't see it as been an option as more and more people try and do the same..
I'm not particularly well travelled on the continent but my last trip over to Spain and Portugal left me feeling that it was only going to be a matter of time before something was done.. saw some absolutely beautiful spots on the coast in Portugal that had been turned into crowded campsites that I would have no wish to stop on anyway..
More familiar with Scotland but it is the same there..sheer weight of numbers of people wanting to please themselves..
Whilst I don't do it on the basis of saving money..I do agree that some of the fees been charged on sites is getting silly if all you want is somewhere to park up..in the main we have our own facilities which suffice most of the time..
Andy
I think I chose the wrong word in ‘agree’. I should have said it’s something we don’t do (don’t want to run the risk of being moved on in the middle of the night!) We’ve also seen the coast of Portugal, using the ‘aires’ from the Vicarious book - a beautiful trip.

Aires, as in the Canterbury P & R would be brilliant, but while there are organisations previously mentioned, it probably won’t happen. Although, if the caravan becomes more popular and campsites fill up, the rules might change ....

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Less and less places we have seen to wildcamp in the Alps year on year. Places blocked off by physical barriers.

Ironically, only ever seems to be the places that attract those with rough old caravans and campers where they stay for months on end and crap everywhere.

Found a lovely spot this summer near such a group that had an aggressive dog off the lead that kept having a go. Final straw was when we walked down to the lake edge with the kids to find a lady of middle age in the buff with a bar of soap having the wash of a lifetime in the lake, followed by loud music blaring away from the rest.

We quickly decided to move on.

Scotland has had the same issues hence why it is now banned to wild camp in Loch Lomond in the Summer months. People saw it as a licence to camp for free rather than what it was intended to be.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Why?? Is that because you don't do it / don't like it or are there substantiated reasons why you think the choice to 'wildcamp' responsibly should receive a blanket ban.

We enjoy having the choice of all types of stopover depending on our needs at the time and prevailing circumstances.
We overwintered in our motorhomes most winters 2000 to 2010 in which time more and more motorhomes were parking as and where they felt the right to. We had a break for five years and returning to Spain we were shocked by by how overrun it had become in coastal areas.
Music on, beer flowing, tits out on the street. No thanks.
Of course you use the word ' responsibly' and of course many do, unfortunately many think they do ( but don't) and many don't care.

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
One option that I’ve seen mentioned before, would be a mass orchestrated move to the Motorcaravaners Club. Surely this would have the eventual means to start to counteract the Caravan Club. Anybody any idea why this doesn’t happen?

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
In a few short years I imagine wildcamping as we know it will be legislated or bye-lawed out of existence. As the bans like this one come along, it means more vans chasing less space and other haunts will be overwhelmed and the subsequent/more bans will come. Rinse and repeat.
Yep.

Deleted User
First, I don't object to paying. Second, sites are ok for a couple of weeks then we get cabin fever. More towns and villages are implementing camperstops which are a few euros for a few nights and this is great, so if more become established then I'm fine with this. There's nothing worse than a gaggle of vans spread across grass, car park or waste ground and we've shied away from these anyway.

Spawn_e_git

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos 748
Exp
4 years
Aires, as in the Canterbury P & R would be brilliant, but while there are organisations previously mentioned, it probably won’t happen. Although, if the caravan becomes more popular and campsites fill up, the rules might change ....
I think Jim posted on here before asking for any evidence of them lobbying, objecting or in any way stopping Aires in the UK and no evidence was produced.

The purposing of land or spaces in car parks for Motorhomes is the decision of the local council and therefore it would be difficult for a bigger organisations to lobby MP's centrally and would have to be open and transparent.

When CMHC lobbies for any changes, such as they did last year for the opening of Campsites to Prof Whitty, it is normally done via Open Letter as was the case then. When they did the same to stop the changes in VED for motorhomes (along with the NCC) it was covered extensively in their magazine and website.

The idea that any of the "big two" are slipping brown envelopes to local councilors to stop Aires is crazy.

Councils will set the prices similar to local campsites which are generally be better/safer/facilities etc so why would people use Aires/Car Parks?

Stratford council are currently considering raising their overnight parking charge from £2 to £20 based on the £17 charge for a non electric pitch on a local campsite. So the idea of Aires in this country being cheap like they are in France is almost Zero.

1613406797892.png

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Seems to be one of those unwritten rules that cover most, if not any pastime, " if you don't want to be stopped doing what you want to do, stop doing what you want to do!!. Being an ex Trail bike rider, and kayaker, I'm now well used to it. There are always those that want to spoil your fun, but your a killjoy if you impact on theirs!!. I expect, Socrates, and Tacitus, and many other critics of their day held similar points of view.
Mike.

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Would it apply to privately owned land that you have parked on.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back