No Wildcamping anymore in Valencia Province (2 Viewers)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
A nice way of saying you enjoy listening to soccer being played at 1am. :D

Us to, we used to love the noisy madness of Spanish sites when camping with the kids (y)
They sure are something else in July & August, I remember one with the kids we got back at 1:30 am, dustcart just leaving the site disco starting up. We went and had a shower then went to the disco until 4:00 am.
Don't think we could handle that now.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
What's the difference between a large aire such as Gruissan or Honfleur, or indeed one such as La Mailleraye, and a continental campsite? Whilst we love some of the quiet out of the way aires we find, we love the hustle and bustle of continental families camping. A million miles away from CAMC sites!
Although not the best Aire Honfleur is a good example, you arrive at 5 pm and are going to leave the next day at 4 pm. The campsite will cost you €22 a night and staying past 12 pm you have to pay for 2 days so it costs you €44, the Aire will cost you €11 for 24 hours. That's a lot of wine & beer.

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
Although not the best Aire Honfleur is a good example, you arrive at 5 pm and are going to leave the next day at 4 pm. The campsite will cost you €22 a night and staying past 12 pm you have to pay for 2 days so it costs you €44, the Aire will cost you €11 for 24 hours. That's a lot of wine & beer.
I thought it wasn't about the money Lenny?:unsure::smiley:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
They sure are something else in July & August, I remember one with the kids we got back at 1:30 am, dustcart just leaving the site disco starting up. We went and had a shower then went to the disco until 4:00 am.
Don't think we could handle that now.

It could be like that in the UK, 😯 Spanish friends didn't know they could tour the UK for 180 days and quite like the idea, I think they might be joking when they said if all these countries come and **** our country, we must organise a tour and you can show us the must see places, 🤔 when it's safe. 😁

Could be interesting, 😯 certainly an eye opener for some 😁 the fun starts at 2200hrs. 😎 Bob.

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
I particularly like being able to grab a beer, pull up a chair and watch the nearest game of boules, complete with commentary in two or three languages. I only wish we didn't always manage to pitch next to those with the loudest voices.

Deleted User
You don't have to book and you do not have to leave at a certain time.

I have toured the UK and Europe for more than 50 years in tents, caravans, campervans and a fifth wheeler, the only time that I ever booked a site was for the 5'er on sites that I knew had restricted space.

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
I have toured the UK and Europe for more than 50 years in tents, caravans, campervans and a fifth wheeler, the only time that I ever booked a site was for the 5'er on sites that I knew had restricted space.
Maybe you haven't been to Spain by the coast in August. You would be like Joseph and Mary.

I agree any other month apart from second 2 weeks in July and all August. Any other time I agree.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I thought it wasn't about the money Lenny?:unsure::smiley:
There is paying and extortion, don't mind paying €10 providing it's for 24 hours don't want to be kicked out before I've finished brekkies.
Buy an expensive piece of kit that you can't afford to use and expect everyone else to provide facilities for free?
That is why we buy vans with facilities I don't expect others to provide them.

Deleted User
There is paying and extortion, don't mind paying €10 providing it's for 24 hours don't want to be kicked out before I've finished brekkies.

That is why we buy vans with facilities I don't expect others to provide them.

Water, waste disposal?

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Why spend £50000 and up and then spend for facilities which made you buy the thing in the first place?

Why not save the £50000 and up and use that money to stay in top notch hotels at the places you want to visit instead?
Facilities included!

Deleted User
Will happily pay for those too.

Don't mind paying for that lots of Aires charge 2 or 3 Euro for that.
The problem is that those facilities are not available in many places so the only alternatives are sites or debatably illegai free camping.
I think that many have bought into a lifestyle that is rapidly becoming unavailable, mainly due to the numbers involved.

Deleted User
Maybe you haven't been to Spain by the coast in August. You would be like Joseph and Mary.

I agree any other month apart from second 2 weeks in July and all August. Any other time I agree.

You are quite correct, I have been in the fortunate position of never having to take holidays in July and August, even when the kids came with us.

We lived in a town where 'wakes weeks' were the last 2 weeks in June so the schools closed for a fortnight.

I avoid all holiday destinations in peak season, from my observations the main problem with freecamping is in the off season months, particularly in Spain and Portugal.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
The biggest problem is web sites like park4night, before those you found your own place had a night or two and moved on, most people went to campsites or small cl / cs sites, not so long ago people and some still even now won't park on their own even if it's permitted. 🤔

We came through Moraira yesterday and had a look after seeing all the free campers mentioned on a forum, park4night has 4 places marked all empty they moved them, today they will probably start returning after seeing them on the website, now again some write ' I was robbed or I was fined ' but many don't bother, 🙄 we have them marked here and have the same problem and this is what's causing the problems. 🤔

There's a time and a place for free camping, I did free parking in my truck for years, I had some nice quiet nights, and anyone with a brain never told anyone, because even before internet you couldn't even trust mates, because the next time you went it was full. 😲

Someone asked about parking water and toilet, the next thing it's on 3 or 4 forums along with a map, my dad always said keep it in your head, if you write it down everyone knows. 😁 Bob

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994

Med coast maybe.....why would anyone want to be in a tin box or a plastic carton on wheels when the temperature is soaring to 40°c...our Autumn, Winter and Spring are just fine...we leave for cooler parts of Spain, yes there are some until it's back to a manageable temperature....
So where do we go...well...that's a closely guarded secret....unless you read jumartoo blogs or have travelled with jumartours.com...

Twogirls

Free Member
Mar 21, 2016
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 300
Exp
Since 2014
Like matamoros we've never had to book anywhere because we avoid travelling during school holidays. And in all our years of using campsites (and working on them) we've certainly never been told what time to arrive or chucked out early before brekkie. Ok, most sites will ask you not to arrive very late at night because of the disturbance to other campers, but that's not unreasonable in my book. And no, you can't usually arrive before about 1pm or 2pm because someone's on your pitch enjoying their last morning and their late brekkie and the pitch needs to be vacated, the grass mown, litter picked, so it's ready for you. Hotels run a similar arrivals and departures system I believe, I've never found that a problem either :giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back