No restrictions for us..Morrocco here we come :-) (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Today, Friday is our cleaner's day so I am banished to our basement office. I felt like a kip so went out to put on the blown-air heating set to 5 and went out to check after 45 mins. The blower was still working at full chat and It was far from warm, certainly the bed was cold, so I abandonned the idea, as I think it would have taken another 1.5 hours to get up to livable temperature after the long soak for a week or more at minus temperatures.

I could have had an imagined trip to the Arctic I suppose., with as upper of salted dried fish maybe? No thanks.

Geoff

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
That toilet reminds of the first holiday our daughter used a French toilet. Unfortunately she fell backwards and her pony tail dipped in the water.
We had a long drive to the site so management had to wash her hair in the services.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Today, Friday is our cleaner's day so I am banished to our basement office. I felt like a kip so went out to put on the blown-air heating set to 5 and went out to check after 45 mins. The blower was still working at full chat and It was far from warm, certainly the bed was cold, so I abandonned the idea, as I think it would have taken another 1.5 hours to get up to livable temperature after the long soak for a week or more at minus temperatures.

I could have had an imagined trip to the Arctic I suppose., with as upper of salted dried fish maybe? No thanks.

Geoff
Aaaah, Ive had the advantage of the dehumidifier running for a few days so no damp bedding, on the flip side the van is positioned nose up so we are having to sleep sloping down so no water enters the van.

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Morocco is the same as the EU no visa for three months visit, or it was when I worked there. May have changed, but suggest you check

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Maroc must be rubbish, you have spent all night on this forum🤣🤣🤣.
Just messing Sandra dont beat me up. 😅

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I was thinking are you mad 😵😂
I wouldn’t go there even without a pandemic, after the couple of times I went back in the 80’s.
Things might have changed for the better since .

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
We have a kitchen curtain twitcher 2 doors away, tried to complain to the council about the van being on the drive and blocking their side view from kitchen window. Any chance that comes along we squeeze another 2 vans on drive :rofl: :rofl:
I remember you say about her before, I think we need to book a weekend on your drive as soon as we are allowed to travel. ;)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Aaaah, Ive had the advantage of the dehumidifier running for a few days so no damp bedding, on the flip side the van is positioned nose up so we are having to sleep sloping down so no water enters the van.

No damp bedding, just cold too cold to sleep in and all the woodwork was till cold to the touch after 45 mins. We never take bedding out and it never gets damp. N&B insulation you see.

Geoff

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
We are going to Rumania,
Ah sorry she said remain here.

An old one I know but I blame Sandra.
Bugger, i thought you really were going. Was going to ask you to look for my bike. :LOL:

Oct 16, 2020
Funster No
MH
Rapids 9095DF
Exp
Since 2015
We too have a net twitcher. Moved to the area from Portugal last August. Parked the Hymer outside and immediately got told that there is a covenant which prohibits caravans and motorhomes on this estate. Was also told that the neighbour from 50 years up the road didn’t want to look out of her window at a pile of metal. Also told that “people aspire to live here”! Talked to the solicitor who said yes, it mentions on the driveway but yours is parked at the side. Point 2, the covenant went the way of the builder when he went bankrupt several years back. Purchased a new van, now have it parked up the side of the house.

Aerialmark

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 13, 2018
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Knaus/Weinsburgh
Exp
I'm new to it
I once visited one of these toilets and when I went in it was covered all over with excrement , on the ceiling, the walls the floor , it was everywhere ! I walked back out and challenged the chap that had been it before me and he apologised and said he was on salts I said what kind of salts he replied summersaults ! ;)

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
That's a posh one, a tap, even a brush and not blocked. :)
this is a posh one (y) :ROFLMAO:
9E5CF926-F2E0-420C-90EE-BE995BE81743.jpeg

tbh.. any toilet facilities we came across were posh compared to what we were used to on a trek to mt toubkal at the time..
usually when passing through some of the remote villages , toilets such as ive pictured could be found and for some cigarettes or a little money you were allowed to make use of them..
D4CC868B-A48A-4442-80D1-1A66D92E6128.jpeg

thats a Main Street(y)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
ahhhhh a Moroccan toilet.. as you say who needs a loo roll..:LOL:View attachment 467307

Like many others I have seen (and sometimes had to use) far worse :(

The tap and bucket are for swilling down after use - oh and don't even consider using paper as it will block the pipes.

We have a kitchen curtain twitcher 2 doors away, tried to complain to the council about the van being on the drive and blocking their side view from kitchen window. Any chance that comes along we squeeze another 2 vans on drive :rofl: :rofl:

The people building next door to our strange next-door neighbour are actively considering a CL. Next door was a bit funny about us having our guest on the drive but hasn't mentioned it for a while. Not that he can even see the other van as it is behind the hedge!

Glad you are enjoying Morocco - where are you going tomorrow?

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Back in the eighties driving through Yugoslavia, we stopped at a garage and it had toilets outside, I opened the door and a rat came runnIng out, seemed I didn’t need to go after all. Better than a bear biting you on the bum I suppose.😂😂

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Having toured India several times i can can vouch first hand experience of using "The Squatter" many many times, as in Pakistan, Nepal and others.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Did you enjoy your overnight stay in Morrocco?It can get cold there ynow;).
Curtain twitchers are good,they keep the scroats away .:rofl::rofl:
Yes thanks though I didn't enjoy sleeping upside down. We've moved into Spain now, its a bit cooler tonight :)

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Trust the Ferry crossing wasn't too bumpy for you :rofl: :rofl:
Well now that you mention it , it was a bit rocky and the waves splashed all over the van and its still blooming leaking in so sleeping upside down was pointless last night.:LOL:

Jul 29, 2014
Montrose Scotland
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2012
I don’t do virtual trips as it would be a bit boring on my own but I do get out my photo album of Morocco and remember what it was like a few years ago, I’m just the same as everyone else completely bored and annoyed at having this van and not being able to use it, hope you and Allan have a wonderful trip to Morocco.

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Just jealous folks for neighbours

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Yeah im in greece!

Oh wait 😁
You sure find some lovely spots!
I don’t do virtual trips as it would be a bit boring on my own but I do get out my photo album of Morocco and remember what it was like a few years ago, I’m just the same as everyone else completely bored and annoyed at having this van and not being able to use it, hope you and Allan have a wonderful trip to Morocco.
Thanks George, Hope you are well. Mum said to say she's asking for you. Might see you around in summer when we are let out to play :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back