No restrictions for us..Morrocco here we come :-) (1 Viewer)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
When I told Martin you were in Morocco he said "How the hell did she get there?" and then I explained ..... I *think* he muttered "Mad Weegee" but it might have been something derogatory about me. I'll let him know you are now in Spain. lol

I made mixed citrus marmalade yesterday - does that count? The smell was Mediterranean at least! I had a load of citrus fruit from the delivery last week and didn't want to waste it.

Sep 17, 2020
Totton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Since Sept 2020.
If you pronounce Calmore the Spanish way it sounds much more exotic than a 70's housing estate just outside Southampton.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Boy

Apr 17, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 195
If we cannot have our day dreams where would we be .
I had the issue with my van parked in my drive not blocking any windows . Thought it lowered the tone of the street.
that was a few years ago loads of caravan and motor homes parked in gardens now . Yes you’ve guessed it including the neighbour who moaned
hay ho that’s life
happy days

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Where would you be if there were no restrictions?

For me it would be somewhere I could cycle on traffic free old railway lines with a lake or flat river or sheltered estuary for kayaking and I'd quite like to have a go at gold panning. It would also need to have a good craft supply shop nearby for fabric and yarn. Maybe a museum or art gallery for a rainy day as well.

There we are, sorted!

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Daughter lives in Bangladesh and has a large 3 bed appartment , it comes with the job. It has to be that size as she replaced someone who had a family. She has a maid who comes in twice a week and the “staff loo” is of the squat type. It’s obviously beautifully tiled and clean.

A lot of countries really do prefer them.
At the local private school when I was a GP it was not rare for new pupils from some countries to be confused by the bathroom arrangements and think the toilets were bidets and the shower cubicles were squat toilets until too late!

If you can master the squat your rectum at a much better angle for emptying than a high toilet. You need to exert far less intra abdominal pressure to evacuate bowels so less likely to get haemorroids as well. I’m sure you all really wanted to know that last bit! It is possibly one of the reasons why modern loos are much lower than the toilets of our childhood though.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
not rare for new pupils from some countries to be confused by the bathroom arrangements and think the toilets were bidets and the shower cubicles were squ
And a similar sort of problem on ships toilets , crewed by people from countries all over the world that used similar toilet facilities..
Not so funny if you had to follow someone in who preferred standing. (y) :LOL:
They usually ended up using one if the scuttles or drains from the deck.. easier to keep clean and with a good sea running a free wash as well:ROFLMAO:

If you can master the squa

less likely to get haemorroids
Hmm.. the squat machine in the gym didn't help me much in that respect:unsure::rolleyes:
Andy..

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR MILEO 282
Exp
Since 09 2018
Off to r..gate this week

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
When we worked in Saudi Arabia there were some new shopping malls that were geared up for westerners, along with western sit on loos.
There were signs on the rear of the doors ,rather like a pictorial highway sign warning people not to stand on the toilet rim and squat to use it.Apparantly since the introduction of the Western toilet in public places the incidence of broken legs reported at the nearby hospital had increased alarmingly.
I kid you not. o_O (y)

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
When we worked in Saudi Arabia there were some new shopping malls that were geared up for westerners, along with western sit on loos.
There were signs on the rear of the doors ,rather like a pictorial highway sign warning people not to stand on the toilet rim and squat to use it. Apparently since the introduction of the western toilets in public places the incidence of broken legs reported at the nearby hospital had increased alarmingly.
I kid you not. o_O (y)
On a BA flight home from Jeddah I had the misfortune to open the door of one of the on board toilets to find that it had been used by a "squatter". Frankly there was sh1t everywhere. The cabin crew used to keep one toilet locked with an out of order sign on it so that they and a few of us frequent flyers could have somewhere clean to go.

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Sad to say that during the resent cold spell I spent a night in our van. My excuse reason being that my back prefers the bed in the van to the one in the house.

Gaza1515

Free Member
Feb 23, 2020
Accrington
Funster No
MH
Geist 710
Exp
Since 2015
Motorhome all cosy, heating on, bottle of vino in the fridge, loadsa sweets n biscuits, kettle full of water, tea bags n sweeteners..What more do we need? Oh 14 steps to reach the van. (y)Close our blinds and we are wherever we choose, Morrocco tonight who knows where 2mor :LOL:

Anyone else on a virtual trip this weekend?
Just got back from 6 months touring Europe

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Went to hamilldaymi every summer holiday lol
Aaaw you poor soul. I think a lot of us went there . We were fortunate enough to have a chalet at Port Seton so that was our main holiday every year growing up.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back