LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Display unit has stopped displaying!

Is turned on, have restarted it, have plenty of power, have waited overnight to see if it just fixes itself, but to no avail. The blue backlight screen is on, but there’s nothing showing. Everything is working tho.
Didn’t touch anything anywhere, just pushed button to show status yesterday and it didnt show up anything.
Van is a 2010 Carthago S Plus. Any ideas???

BB6A6EB5-A176-44F2-921D-8F7AF117F039.jpeg

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Have you disconnected all power sources to let it power down fully and reboot?
If so it's probably knackered. (n)

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Have turned it off and restarted it, didn’t fix it.
Next step is to remove the panel and disconnect it from the supply for a bit and reconnect, when I can be bothered to get my screwdriver out!

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Try turning the unit off Dave

Then restart, whilst holding your finger on the button to the left of the power button for about 5 seconds
This should put the unit in set up mode, where you can alter the screen settings, including colour and brightness

Hope this helps

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
You haven't inadvertently selected 'night mode' or 'display off', maybe?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Sadly nothing that simple. The screen itself seems to have moved within the housing, and no amount of gentle prodding has restored the display, which is still visible but very very faintly. Fortunately, it’s not critical as although I’m not on hook up ( by choice) I’m in bright sunshine every day here in Portugal so I know my 3 batteries with 3 solar panels are ok, and have a fresh water tap on pitch at the aire I’m at, and the functionality of the unit is unaffected hence why I think I’ll just leave it be and rely on the alarms chirping as and when anything gets low.
I did find a website of a one man band in wales who does repairs, so will look into that next year when I return to the U.K.
My only suspicions for the cause is the heat here, or me pushing something too firmly after too many super bocks :eek::p

Anyway, this is the repair option I found, as a new unit is £650o_O

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Maybe worth a trip to your local Carthago dealer

And borrow one from their display stock?

Don’t forget to leave a little calling card in the loo too

(Only jesting)

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Maybe worth a trip to your local Carthago dealer

And borrow one from their display stock?

Don’t forget to leave a little calling card in the loo too

(Only jesting)
Hahaha....a Carthago dealer indeed........might aswell go to a Jewish money lender or a U.K. motorhome dealer:Eeek::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I’m not as daft as I look :cooler:

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Short while after a gap of many years.
Sadly nothing that simple. The screen itself seems to have moved within the housing, and no amount of gentle prodding has restored the display, which is still visible but very very faintly.

Hi Sharron - I think you have found the problem yourself from what you say here - the display is a very large chip so to speak and has probably been dislodged from its base - remove the unit and reposition the display very carefully back onto its base locators and that will probably sort it! The unit is working as it has all the settings stored :)

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
@Freespirit1 i reckon you’re right, I might have a go one day when I’m feeling brave, anything with a hammer and duck tape I’m fine, but electronics........!

Shaz.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
@Freespirit1 i reckon you’re right, I might have a go one day when I’m feeling brave, anything with a hammer and duck tape I’m fine, but electronics........!

Shaz.
ah with electrics you just use a smaller hammer and of course duck tape

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back