No 110V Power - Strange! (1 Viewer)

U

ukrv

Deleted User
Can anyone help to solve a little mystery please.

We use 110v (& 12v) power to 99% of the items in the RV and have one double socket at 230v.

As soon as we got back from filling with LPG today we plugged back into our campsite 230V supply.

There has never been an issue with the supply before - or our electric for that matter.

However, within 5 minutes of hooking-up up today, we lost all 110v power (the 230v is OK).

I checked the site post and found a fuse had tripped, so reset it - but still no power.

I checked the trips on the inverter and they were both OK.

I checked the trips on the RCD-thing and they were both OK.

So, Im sitting here with my PC working off 230v, the lights on 12v and a few bits on the inverter if needed (so I will be OK tonight and can investigate in daylight tomorrow).

Has anyone got any ideas where to start looking?

Attached is a basic plan of our electrics.

UPDATE:-

Whilst I was drawing my plan, I remembered there is a reset switch on the transformer that I hadn't checked.

So, out I went to press the reset button and........that's where I found a plug had worked loose when we went to fill with lpg. :Blush:

I did think about deleting this thread but then thought it would be a reminder for people (OK ME!) to check the basics before getting too concerned about this or that item failing.

OOPS :ROFLMAO:

Paul

It is a nice drawing though isnt it. :thumb:

Attachments

• power.doc
    28.5 KB · Views: 29

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Check your re set button Paul, you may have disturbed a plug when you were gassing up:thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Check your re set button Paul, you may have disturbed a plug when you were gassing up:thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

:Cool: I was going to suggest the same thing. However. Just another point. SOME transformers have a fuse inside that sometimes blows. :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back