Next trip planning help - France and Spain (I think 😜) (1 Viewer)

Jul 26, 2019
Devon / Cornish border
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Kimu 122
Exp
Well back from our weeks travel and looking at another trip to get some winter sun, this will be our first adventure into Europe!!

We are looking at heading down to as far south in Spain we can go, now we will be heading with friends who camp, they will be in a car following but don't want to pitch up until we get to destination.

Few questions?

Best route through France and Spain?

Any motels where we can park up for the night and they car get a motel room?

Best place to stay for the winter sun?

It's only going to be a max of 2 weeks so not to worried regarding gas bottle refill etc as will last

Any advice appreciated 😁

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
It's a long way for 2 weeks, or is that 2 weeks total, if the latter you are best just motoring down through France, down one of the river valleys and just stop in Aires as and when. Don't know about motels/hotels for overighting for your friends,especially with this covid issue, think they will struggle with that unless you plan well ahead and book. Best of luck

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
South of Spain is 3 to 4 days driving each way from Calais,,doesn't leave long for winter sun.
BUSBY.

OP
OP
Rjcamper
Jul 26, 2019
Devon / Cornish border
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Kimu 122
Exp
Thanks both, planning of 3 - 4 days to get there and 3 - 4 days back, leaving 4 - 5 days to relax.

We have done long road trips in the past, Route 66 in 10 days and NC500 in 3 days :) Sadly I enjoy the driving and seeing the views, parking up and doing it all again the next day :rock::Grin:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Regarding routes..
This is very good in the resources section..

Regarding hotels..
Throughout France there are several chains of hotels to suit most budgets...

plus others..

They are mostly on the edge of large towns / cities near a motorway junction. Usually have large car parks that you may be able to overnight on?... some are unmanned and entry is via a card machine.

You will be amazed at the difference in temperature when you cross the French / Spanish border.

Have a look at ACSI for campsites in Spain

Enjoy whatever you do (y)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
24 hours on Brittany Ferries Portsmouth Santander/Bilbao..If you dock early morning you can get to Malaga by evening..No need for your friends to use a hotel.BUSBY.,,If you want a discount code pm me.

• Nice One!
Reactions: f6c
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Depending when you go you will have to consider the weather... there can be deep snow across Spain ..

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Presumption that Spain is unavailable, I would take a huge gamble on easyjet selling cheap tickets and hotels offering bargains and 13 days in the sun rather than 4/5 and leave it to the last minute as to where to go, Spain/Canaries/Italy/Egypt and then if the need to drive for the other 7/8 days was still there i would hire a car

OP
OP
Rjcamper
Jul 26, 2019
Devon / Cornish border
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Kimu 122
Exp
Presumption that Spain is unavailable, I would take a huge gamble on easyjet selling cheap tickets and hotels offering bargains and 13 days in the sun rather than 4/5 and leave it to the last minute as to where to go, Spain/Canaries/Italy/Egypt and then if the need to drive for the other 7/8 days was still there i would hire a car
I'm not a good flyer at best of times, without adding a face covering :unsure:

OP
OP
Rjcamper
Jul 26, 2019
Devon / Cornish border
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Kimu 122
Exp
Regarding routes..
This is very good in the resources section..

Regarding hotels..
Throughout France there are several chains of hotels to suit most budgets...

plus others..

They are mostly on the edge of large towns / cities near a motorway junction. Usually have large car parks that you may be able to overnight on?... some are unmanned and entry is via a card machine.

You will be amazed at the difference in temperature when you cross the French / Spanish border.

Have a look at ACSI for campsites in Spain

Enjoy whatever you do (y)
Great info, thank you

Reactions: f6c

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back