Rally Newbury Motorhome show (2 Viewers)

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
Ditto, many thanks From Tanya and I to @Brisey, @Khizzie and @toledo for the initial warm welcome; and hellos and chats from all (@RobGriff, @Jamwitt, @scousebird, @Onemanandhisdog, @wigster, @Popeye, @Brakers, @gozomike and many more I can't remember) - we throughly enjoyed our first meet and are booked into Malvern.

Hope to see you all again soon....

Hi it was also great to put some faces to names lovely to meet Popeye and mick and Tanya look forward to meeting you again I look forward to meeting Roy at a later date I will make a point of finding you and introducing me and my better half julie thanks to all involved(y)(y)

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
Wife keeps saying come on let's do it ! Its me holding back a little but is 54 to young to retire lots on here would say no but I guess you would have to live to your means look forward to meeting you two again take care

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Ditto, many thanks From Tanya and I to @Brisey, @Khizzie and @toledo for the initial warm welcome; and hellos and chats from all (@RobGriff, @Jamwitt, @scousebird, @Onemanandhisdog, @wigster, @Popeye, @Brakers, @gozomike and many more I can't remember) - we throughly enjoyed our first meet and are booked into Malvern.

Hope to see you all again soon....
Lovely to meet you too Mick & Tanya :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Many thanks to the marshalls. and for the music and power
In marquee we had a lovely time nice to see every one
Looking forward to the next time safe travels all.
Jan & mike.

May 29, 2012
Swindon
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Cheyenne 635se
Exp
since 2008
Nice seeing you both again look forward to the next time thank you for the door catch I owe you one take care mervyn

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Thank you all for a great welcome to Motorhomefun I am looking forward to winter in Spain and seeing you all again. I just have to plan a date, route and a site to stay on.

Dave

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
Thanks to pam and brisy Dave and Polly had a great time meeting friends and new friends ,,thanks also to my mate Swansea jack for cooking a lovely brekky for me this morning .ps love the new van ray

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
Would also like to thank poki ak john for a lovely chat on sat night .nice to meet you mate .

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
That was an excellent meet, many thanks to the lovely stewards and it was great to finally meet @The wizened of OZ. Hope you have a good trip home and come back soon!

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
Just got back from Newbury meet . Big thank you to all of the Marshall's and the People we met and said hello to ,we had a great time (y) .

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Hi Micky and Tanya it was realy great to meet you, you are a realy nice couple, but that aside nobody has mentioned your beautiful dogs, they are so cute and they also deserve a great mention. Hope to see you at my next expedition.
Best Wishes Tony

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
I'd just like to add my appreciation for our hard working marshals. It was a superb meet as usual. Loved the New Amen Corner on Sunday night!

Thanks @Brisey @toledo

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Oct 14, 2013
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
rollerteam zefiro
Exp
10 + years
would like to thank our hard working marshalls yet again, it was nice to meet new people especially the pleasant couple parked next to us in the Rapido, and it was really a pleasure to meet silkcut and his wife who made me very welcome and I also enjoyed our chat and the company, good people, and hopefully we will meet up again sometime at another rally in the future

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Big thankyou to our marshals Pam Brian Polly and Dave for all your hard work getting everyone parked up and organised, it's a big job ....well done,fantastic weekend , see you all soon, next stop ... Thetford ..and then Soul Survivors, Go funsters

Sue & Eric x:mnythnks:

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Great meet and superb stewardship from our hard worked marshals managed they two couples to see the light and join Fun, they were very impressed with our parking and the marquee. Many thanks guys and yes the Sunday night entertainment put on by Warners was for us the best of the weekend.

Presently on the overnight ferry to St Malo so cannot join you guys on the next meets.

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Hi Everybody
I was at this rally and had a realy great time and what value it was, I expected entertainment on the night I bought a ticket for but did not imagine there would be entertainment for all the other nights, and although I went to all the evevings in the main tent I missed some in the tent near to the food outlets one of which I was told about was the Berries.
Although I don't know all of the people who run the event this is to thank them I know and them I don't, I realize how difficult aranging and marshaling these events can be so a big thanks from me. Best Wishes Tony

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
THANKS the marshals PAM,POLLY,BRISY,DAVE, hard work well done with a smile on you face all day but please book the SUN next time ray xx lol still lol and funsters DAVE and POLLY had a cup of tea in silkcuts m/h late in the night not a thing I though I see in my life time:):):):):):):):):):):):)

XRN

Oct 10, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
We are no longer Newbie's.
We are back now having achieved 24.9MPG from the old Hymer, I thought I was only getting 20MPG! :) Nice to meet up with you all and many thanks to the marshals who did a superb job in sometimes nasty weather. We made the most of the event entertainment and missed a lot of the Fun tent activities but thoroughly enjoyed the weekend and are looking forward to the next meet.
Rob & Susan

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Despite the weather and having to leave early Sunday we had a lovely time. Thank you for all your hard work Pam, Brian, Polly and Dave. It's 25 degrees here in Madrid, it's a hard life this retirement.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just wanted to add our thanks to the marshalls who did a great job even though the weather was mostly against us!
Caught up with some old Funster friends & met some for the first time :) Had some interesting chats with stall holders - will be posting a couple of discount codes from the show tomorrow (y) Enjoyed the live bands. Found our way around so better prepared for Retrofestival & had some great homemade food at "Lotty's" Broken Link Removed - fab pizza & salads, best ever bought chocolate brownies :h:, great coffee & delicious rhubarb crumble...

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
As the song goes " If I could walk five hundred miles" I am sure our marshals cover something like that ;). A big thank you to them, and all the funsters who made this a great meet.
Look forward to Thetford.

celandine

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Funster No
would like to thank our hard working marshalls yet again, it was nice to meet new people especially the pleasant couple parked next to us in the Rapido, and it was really a pleasure to meet silkcut and his wife who made me very welcome and I also enjoyed our chat and the company, good people, and hopefully we will meet up again sometime at another rally in the future

celandine

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Funster No
Thank you the hard working rally marshals also to Steve who helped us with our awning and gave us some good expert advice. This was our first meet and we really enjoyed meeting other funsters. We were sorry to miss our new friends Sylvia and Poki in the next van leaving however we do understand that Poki was really suffering (hangover) poor fella!!! we hope to see them again at another meet. We have now booked The Western Motorhome Show which we are really looking forward to.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back