Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Hello and welcome.
Lots of folk on here that need healing,half are bonkers,the others just mildly eccentric.
In fact,I’m the only one whose sane.:D:D:mad::mad::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Feb 6, 2013
Mirfield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero 680FB
Exp
Since 2012
hi all, I am a newbie to all this fun. I am 47 and have recently been widowed and have three large dogs. I want to buy either a 2nd hand van or a new one. Does anyone have any advice for a very practical lady?

Thanks, Mazzie Capps

Welcome Mazzie, I am fairly new to MHF, and can assure you that this is the best forum to belong to, by a long way. The wisdom, advice, support, madness and fun, are invaluable, especially for solo ladies. I have been welcomed and really looked after. Check out the Rallies section and get yourself along to one of them where you will get to meet other ladies with dogs, which is the perfect way to connect with people. Look forward to meeting you......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
:hiya: And a very warm welcome to Fun.

chanter3841

Free Member
Oct 28, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
conversion
Exp
since 1971
In a similar situation, with only one dog, I went for a second hand camper van, for most of the reasons already stated, the advantage of second hand if you are not used to driving a large vehicle, is the the odd small scratch is not as painful, my dog loves the camper so much I have recently sold my car, and now use the camper full time, the dog loves it, , if buying privately like I did, most of the equipment needed to get started was included in the sale. Good luck..

Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
Hi and welcome MazzieCapps.

3 big dogs! I have enough trouble with one medium sized one.

I agree it's best to go for secondhand first, very few people are lucky enough to hit on their ideal van first go, and it's easier (and you lose less) if you decide to change van later.

Also with 3 large pooches you will be less worried about them ruining the upholstery. (Or chewing the handbrake, breaking knobs off, scratching the trim, breaking the blinds, etc) I speak from experience. ;)

Have a look round lots of different ones before deciding on the right one for you.

OP
OP
MazzieCapps

MazzieCapps

Free Member
Apr 12, 2018
Funster No
Hi and welcome MazzieCapps.

3 big dogs! I have enough trouble with one medium sized one.

I agree it's best to go for secondhand first, very few people are lucky enough to hit on their ideal van first go, and it's easier (and you lose less) if you decide to change van later.

Also with 3 large pooches you will be less worried about them ruining the upholstery. (Or chewing the handbrake, breaking knobs off, scratching the trim, breaking the blinds, etc) I speak from experience. ;)

Have a look round lots of different ones before deciding on the right one for you.

Thank you for the advice. I’m thinking of a Hymer.Any advice on buying 2nd hand?

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
IMG_4449.GIF

Mar 22, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail V line 635se
Exp
Caravanner since 1993
I practice healing, including distance healing......so we have something in common. I also Co run an online spiritual group.:angel:
Great idea. In fact I've already joined and had one telepathic session off you already. Unfortunately I also PAID you in imaginary telepathy pounds so your not any richer yet. Lol

Mar 22, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail V line 635se
Exp
Caravanner since 1993
Welcome to the sane asylum as its everyone who's NOT in Motorhome Fun that's got the problems

OP
OP
MazzieCapps

MazzieCapps

Free Member
Apr 12, 2018
Funster No
Hey all.... I am now a proud owner of a Swift Sundance 2003!! Very happy bunny!!!

Attachments

• 4B5F233B-6C5A-45AE-85F5-2B8E5BE0E27D.jpeg
    4B5F233B-6C5A-45AE-85F5-2B8E5BE0E27D.jpeg
    139.8 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
MazzieCapps

MazzieCapps

Free Member
Apr 12, 2018
Funster No
Yes. My first trip is to a motor bike rally two miles up the road from me. Just a little test! Then a Motor Home Warming weekend away with my girlfriends! I’m doing a few little trips before heading to Spain for.a few weeks in November.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back