Newbie (1 Viewer)

MazzieCapps

Free Member
Apr 12, 2018
Funster No
hi all, I am a newbie to all this fun. I am 47 and have recently been widowed and have three large dogs. I want to buy either a 2nd hand van or a new one. Does anyone have any advice for a very practical lady?

Thanks, Mazzie Capps

AndyV

Free Member
Feb 5, 2018
France
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
since 2003
:welco:It all depends how large the dogs are. No doubt they will be your travelling companions on your future adventures.:happy:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Welcome to the forum, I would definately by a second hand one, I would take into consideration the pay load as 3 large dogs will weigh a bit. Definitely research which layout will be best for you, lots of choices. I am so sorry for your loss and admire you with your desision, any questions do ask.
:pink: Aboard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
:welcome4:

As Carol says, layout is very important as well as working out how much room your dogs need. I would suggest initially you go for a good pre-loved van as it is more than likely whatever you choose will turn out to be "not quite right" and a used van will not lose anything like as much as a new one if/when you sell on.

Best advice is have a good look round a few good dealers and see if anything takes your fancy - BUT DON'T BUY ON THE SPOT! Don't know where you are so can't recommend at this stage.

Actually even better advice would be to invest £15 in full membership, which gives you unlimited access to all the goodies on the forum including an excellent book by Jim, our leader, on buying a motorhome. You can then ask as much as you like and join in with the Fun.

Incidentally there a lots of lady members like you who will advise and support you. They even have their own "meets" too.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
:welcome4:

As Carol says, layout is very important as well as working out how much room your dogs need. I would suggest initially you go for a good pre-loved van as it is more than likely whatever you choose will turn out to be "not quite right" and a used van will not lose anything like as much as a new one if/when you sell on.

Best advice is have a good look round a few good dealers and see if anything takes your fancy - BUT DON'T BUY ON THE SPOT! Don't know where you are so can't recommend at this stage.

Actually even better advice would be to invest £15 in full membership, which gives you unlimited access to all the goodies on the forum including an excellent book by Jim, our leader, on buying a motorhome. You can then ask as much as you like and join in with the Fun.

Incidentally there a lots of lady members like you who will advise and support you. They even have their own "meets" too.
As per the above post, welcome and the endearingly titled "coven" of female solo motorhomers will be a "joy" for you to join. @movan will be along shortly to cast her words of welcome to you

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands.

Wyn

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
I would also suggest you go for a used van. In our experience previously travelling with 2 medium sized dogs I would say look for something with maximum floor space, unless your doggies are allowed on the sofas, in which case get a very comfortable camping chair for yourself. :);)

And
animated WelcomeGroupSmiley.gif
and for the doggies
animated hi-puppy-smiley-emoticon.gif

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Welcome Mazzie .. so sorry for your loss and well done you for bravely facing a new adventure.

There are lots of solo females .. I'll mother you .. we look after each other and are a force to contend with... ;)

Lots of them have dawgies too.

Practical!!!!!! Oh boy ... not for long. :)

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Hello and :WelcomeFlag:to mayhem of the organised variety.:WelcomeFlag:
20180410_183602.jpg
20180409_122427.jpg

There will be plenty of advise on here for you to dip into.
So sorry for your loss and brave you for moving onward and upward.

What kind of dogs do you have?

OP
OP
MazzieCapps

MazzieCapps

Free Member
Apr 12, 2018
Funster No
Hello everyone. Thank you for your amazing welcome! I feel like part of the family already!! Looking forward to meeting the “Covern”!! Sound like my type of crowd.

I have three cross breads all rescues from Bulgaria. Two boys and a girl. Mike, Charlie and Elvie. They are all under 3 years.

I practice reiki, crystal healing, crystal singing bowls and meditation so will be naming my motorhome Heals on Wheels!!! You are the first people to publicly hear the name so feedback is good!

I am interested to meet up with the lady owners as it will help give me confidence due to this being a totally new life chapter for me.

I’ve yet to get the hang of the forum on my mobile!! I guess a pc is better?

I am in Chelmsford, Essex UK but work as a freelance Business Consultant so am lucky to be able to work and travel.

Looking forward to the chats xx ❤️

Attachments

• 3EB99B96-6C77-4F36-81F8-A2C019DCAC85.jpeg
    3EB99B96-6C77-4F36-81F8-A2C019DCAC85.jpeg
    185.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 428C08C9-78F8-4113-B66F-EE3CCD40F209.jpeg
    428C08C9-78F8-4113-B66F-EE3CCD40F209.jpeg
    414.1 KB · Views: 45

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
They look a happy bunch, must be a great comfort to you.

Yes a PC would be easier; a laptop or even a tablet beats the tiny screen of a mobile phone.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
:welcomesign: Love the dogs.

And definitely buy second hand, you will lose much less in depreciation (if old enough it may even go up) and somebody else will have sorted out the inevitable problems.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
20180412_194517.jpg
Hi Mazzie .. don't want to put you on the spot but can you identify the stone in my necklace which I seldom remove please? The small white is a moonstone but I can't remember the name of the blade of the dagger.

I purchased it because it was supposed to give strength and healing to women .. but it was some time ago . Don't worry if you cannot identify it either.

Hope you get to join us all soon. Xx

@Cal54 @Indy259 @SueTayBon @Wendo55 @Aly1 @Julie S and many many more. :)

Last edited:

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I just want to give feedback on "heals on wheels"

Bloody brilliant

Sep 22, 2014
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Duetto
Exp
Since 2014
Hi Mazzie, welcome, we support each other and when you have a question on main forum it will get a sensible answer, normally

OP
OP
MazzieCapps

MazzieCapps

Free Member
Apr 12, 2018
Funster No
View attachment 224739 Hi Mazzie .. don't want to put you on the spot but can you identify the stone in my necklace which I seldom remove please? The small white is a moonstone but I can't remember the name of the blade of the dagger.

I purchased it because it was supposed to give strength and healing to women .. but it was some time ago . Don't worry if you cannot identify it either.

Hope you get to join us all soon. Xx

@Cal54 @Indy259 @SueTayBon @Wendo55 @Aly1 @Julie S and many many more. :)

Hi @movan

I think it is blue fluorite x you can read more here xx https://www.crystalvaults.com/crystal-encyclopedia/blue-fluorite

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
I practice reiki, crystal healing, crystal singing bowls and meditation so will be naming my motorhome Heals on Wheels!!! You are the first people to publicly hear the name so feedback is good!
I practice healing, including distance healing......so we have something in common. I also Co run an online spiritual group.:angel:

OP
OP
MazzieCapps

MazzieCapps

Free Member
Apr 12, 2018
Funster No
I just want to give feedback on "heals on wheels"

Bloody brilliant

Glad you like it! I’ve been thinking about a name for my mobile healing for a long time. It was only when I made the decision to get a motor home tha
Thank you. ... brilliant. (y) x

You’re welcome ❤️

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back