LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Well we are here at a very windy but very sunny cotton arms a few other early arrivals :thumb:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
We are here,and surprised to find a supurb 3wifi signal,must have improved it since the bring and buy:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

reader

Free Member
Apr 27, 2011
IO83rk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Using the phone as a portable wifi spot its not bad. not good either. The dongle is dead signal wise both on Vodafone (for the next 2 months anyway)
Nice welcome received to our 1st Fun Rally

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Have a great time all of you and a Happy New Year to you all:roflmto:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
weird, I have a new 3 sim in my MIFI and it won't work yet my orange is? any ideas? Im at home now, just going to running club and left Nikki in charge of things....

She likes being the Boss. :thumb:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Hi Paul,

I recently put a new 3 sim in my mifi and first time I switched it on it did not work.

Turned it off and then on again and it worked ok.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
hope you all have a great time.
would have loved to have been able to come but a job that came in for new years eve made us cancel as soon as i knew about it to allow someone else to go in our place.
the fact that the said job has since been cancelled has upset me to say the least.
although we have now made plans.

enjoy the meeting and have a great new year:thumb:

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Hope you all have a great New year party at Wrenbury, we have been several times and is a great venue for a meet,food is excelent as well.
:party2:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Hope you all have a great New year party at Wrenbury, we have been several times and is a great venue for a meet,food is excelent as well.
:party2:

Well we arrived about 4ish with some daylight left to sort things out before nightfall. ...managed to say hi to one or two others as there was a very icy high wind and folk with any sense stayed indoors :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We did venture to the pub for a meal ...two course for£5.00 did think choices may be only sausage n chips etc . But I had creole prawns etc for starter n pheasant etc for main dish and it was excellent .......
We do have vey high winds at mo (at least that is drying out the grounD)
Night all xx

Sep 10, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 309
Exp
since 2011 but years in a caravan
Hi all to those that are staying at the rally.
We popped into the pub today while on a drive out in the car for the day but as it was pouring down we decided not to check out the field and tried out a pint in the pub instead.
There is nice open fire there and I would have loved to have had another but has I was driving I had to be content with just the one but very nice it was.
I was going to get a round in but there was no funsters in the bar ( I checked first:ROFLMAO:) so you all missed out but Im sure there will be other time.
Hope the rain stops and you all enjoy your New Year stay there.
John and Cheryl

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Looking forward to arriving tomorrow hoping weather will improve but even if it doesn't, so what?
Steve

Sep 10, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 309
Exp
Miserable gits ! That's you crossed off 14,000 Christmas Card lists.
Brian we did walk on to the feild but say hello but it was pouring down and every one was warm inside thats why we popped in the pub.
We are not Miserable gits ! :Sad: as I hope you will find out when we get to know you better

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Brian we did walk on to the feild but say hello but it was pouring down and every one was warm inside thats why we popped in the pub.
We are not Miserable gits ! :Sad: as I hope you will find out when we get to know you better

It was obviously a tongue in cheek remark but based on what you typed.

It's amazing or horrifying how some people behave. Imagine someone driving all the way to Zahora, staying in their van and slagging off the rest of the Funsters via WiFi because no-one made a great fuss of them. These things do happen.

But I can see your point of view now you have re-phrased it. Faced with a load of closed doors what can you do ? These winter meets do not compare to the summer ones where we can sit around outside, drinks in hand, it's a different world. It's a great pity no-one spotted you otherwise you would have ended up warm and dry with a drink in your hand.

Try and make Chester or Stratford or Misterton ( and others ) for a friendly welcome to FUN.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp

Shame we missed you guys after you made the effort.

You would of been more than welcome to bang on my door and share a coffee :Cool:

It's ok to be miserable though, Brian (hildweller) got a degree in it once, we soon converted him though :winky:

Happy new year you guys.

Sep 10, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 309
Exp
It was obviously a tongue in cheek remark but based on what you typed.

It's amazing or horrifying how some people behave. Imagine someone driving all the way to Zahora, staying in their van and slagging off the rest of the Funsters via WiFi because no-one made a great fuss of them. These things do happen.

But I can see your point of view now you have re-phrased it. Faced with a load of closed doors what can you do ? These winter meets do not compare to the summer ones where we can sit around outside, drinks in hand, it's a different world. It's a great pity no-one spotted you otherwise you would have ended up warm and dry with a drink in your hand.

Try and make Chester or Stratford or Misterton ( and others ) for a friendly welcome to FUN.
Brian I have read many of your posts on here some with a happy tear running down my cheeks because I was laughing so much so I knew your post was a tongue in cheek remark.
Also I was not complaining or “faced with a load of closed doors”, what I was faced with was a very wet day and people sensibly tucked up warm, and it was the end of December so no surprise there.
We had made no plans just thought we would enjoy a nice drive and check out the camping site at the Cotton Arms and also if lucky meet a few of the funsters.
We did two of the three so where happy with that we also made a note of the camping site has it was right next to a cannel and pub and the pub has great beer and a big fire so worth a visit in the motor home in the early or late season.
Happy New Year to you Brian and all the funsters:Smile:

Sep 10, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 309
Exp
Shame we missed you guys after you made the effort.

You would of been more than welcome to bang on my door and share a coffee :Cool:

It's ok to be miserable though, Brian (hildweller) got a degree in it once, we soon converted him though :winky:

Happy new year you guys.

Paul Thanks for that and I knew most of the funsters would have invited us in for a cup of coffee but the rain was pouring our feet where muddy and the draft beer was calling to me from the pub so what is a man to do.
See you at another meet Im sure
John

reader

Free Member
Apr 27, 2011
IO83rk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We would like to thank all funsters we met on our 1st Fun Rally for making us welcome and not feeling like newcomers, looking forward to more Fun Rallies

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Just got home. Big thanks to Paul and Nikki who did a great job ensuring we saw the New Year in with a giggle. Really appreciate the effort you put in guys THANKS :clap::clap::thumb:

Family Guy

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
thanks

thanks paul nikki cracking time yet again us brits must be mad muddy field and as long as the company is good your guaranteed a good laugh :ROFLMAO: see you all soon:thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well home safe and sound just a shame we had to leave a day early but im sure you understand. So a big thanks to Paul and Nikki.

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Big thanks from us too :thumb:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
We're now back home too and would like to add our thanks to Paul and Nicki for organising a cracking mid winter break. Our thanks also go to Joe and Julie of the Cotton Arms and all their staff as they worked very hard to put on a fantastic New Years Eve do for us all. Just to round the week off we had Sunday lunch in the pub and it was excellent and very good value at £5.95 a head. Great beer, great food, great friends and great entertainment what more could anyone ask for?

D.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
:thumb:

Had a great time.

Big thanks to Paul & Nikki for organising a great New Year party meet.

:thanks::beer::thanks::beer::thanks:

Patrick

Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
Hi Guy's

Thanks for another great meet!:thumb:
will let you know about the ski trip paul!

patrick

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back