New year --at the races (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
If only I could persuade the lazy old git to drive the motorhome that far we would be with you enjoying the new year

Next time Im buying an automatic that I can drive.

Have fabulous time and safe journeys everyone. Hope the weather is kind to you and that you arent snowed in or flooded so you cant get home xxxx

Happy New Year to all the funsters

it is only 2 1/2 hrs a way com on you know you want to a go on go on go on:ROFLMAO:

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
We are so looking forward to this weeekend, just wish we could get into gear to get van packed up its sooooo cold and wet out there.:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
well been geting the van Raddy for the meet cant bring the pumps but still got the beer loaded Raddy for the journey down ukulele's in the van are you reddy for it funsters

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
They are still hopeful to race, situation as at lunchtime today

Going:
HEAVY (Raceable)
Weather: 6mm of rain over the Festive break. Drier than last week but some rain is forecast most days but no huge amounts (we Hope!)

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi, I know it must be somewhere, but can anyone tell me what the post code is for the meet and exactly which entrance we should use?

Ginny

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
After your last journey to the Bring & Buy using the sat Nav I would go with the Map :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The post code is 52.89522, -1.85212
or ST14 8BD,

I hope to have signs erected for when you arrive to follow. But as it stands, do not go to the Caravan Club Entrance, unless of course you see a sign there tomorrow directing you that way...

Good Luck Mike, If you reach London you've gone too far :winky:

Van is all ready...

Car is Aframed up and tested and legal :winky:

I have loads of Bacon, Loads of Wine, Loads of Sparkling wine, Loads of treat bags, a clipboard and a generalised guess about where we are parking.

Let the Fun begin. :Smile:

So see you all tomorrow.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
"Car is Aframed up and tested and legal"

Oh no its not! Well it is panto season LOL!

D.

Have fun all you merry funsters, we're off to Aberdeen on Saturday so we'll see you all next year, let's make it a good un! Happy New Year to all.

D.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Sadly another last min cancellation, so anyone at a lose end, drop me a pm. :thumb:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Ok people we are here let the fun begin. Please come through the main gate and follow your nose through to the front of the grandstand

Dec 23, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Exp
Since 2002. Previous Motorhomes, 3 X Autotrail. Rapido and 2 Adria Coral Supreme.
New Year Splash!!

Please save some of the "Fun" until Sunday!!! I kinow we're gonna be late arriving, but we'll make up for it when we get there!!!! ::bigsmile:

We're banking on making some money at The Races to pay the pitch fees!!! :thumb: The last horse we backed was at 20 to 1, but it came in at 20 past 4!!!!! :RollEyes:

Steve

Steve & Anne

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Lovely night. Mulled wine was very warming. Thanks Paul & Nickki

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
A good warm up night was had in the building provided for us, with friends catching up with each other, as well as meeting new friends. :thumb:

I was presented with a couple of nifty numbers last night, ie, one at 6.7%ABV, and one (two actually :winky:), at 7.9%ABV, and no, they weren't "billthedrill's" barrelled beer, as that is not on tap yet. :roflmto:

Cheers,

Jock (& Rita).

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
A what a night:thumb:

Great start {too good says my head}:Eeek:

Thanks to all concerned

Mel & Lieve

Destination Unknown

Free Member
Oct 30, 2010
Anywhere and everywhere
Funster No
MH
American A Class
Exp
Not Long Enough...!!
Gutted!!!

We are absolutely gutted that due to mum being in hospital we had to cancel at the last minute:Angry::Angry::cry::cry: Sorry Paul and Nikki - she had a fall on christmas day and broke her right upper arm so we are at home for the forseeable future.:tears::tears:

We really do hope that you all have a fantastic time and plenty of :wine::beer::party2::party2: and hopefully next time we'll be there.

Wishing all funsters a VERY HAPPY and PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR

Regards Brian and Chris

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Wishing your mum a speedy recovery.

Wishing you all a fabulous time, we are with you in spirit

Party hard and HAVE FUN xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

See you in 2013

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
We have had a brilliant night thanks barry janine and all the funster kareoke singers lol x

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
Found my way on line today at Zencon the Racecourse WiFi which is free and fast.
Hope that German 7.9 went down well Jock, we usually call it Truth Beer because it loosens the tongue a bit.
Had two enjoyable nights so far. Could not inflict my singing on the crowd as I thought they had suffered too much already.
Hope you all enjoyed 'Albert and the Lion' I may try 'The return of Albert' tonight, with apologies to Stanley Holoway of course.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Aaaaah - that was yoooo. I really enjoyed Albert and the Lion and can't wait to hear the next episode. You certainly have the right accent, it couldn't be done with any other. :roflmto:

Ivy

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Excellent venue here at the Racecourse, Haggers has done us all proud, large hall, plenty of toilets, electric for top up, genny's shared and lots of good company. Then of course there is the Party's in the evening Fun, Singing Danceing mixed in with lots of laughs, great, a huge thank you to Paul & Nicky.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Found my way on line today at Zencon the Racecourse WiFi which is free and fast.
I couldn't get into it on Friday, even though I had an excellent signal, (know why now though). :Doh:

Hope that German 7.9 went down well Jock, we usually call it Truth Beer because it loosens the tongue a bit.
It certainly did thanks, as I did Mel's Grimbergen Blonde too. ::bigsmile:
Lidls stock the same make of beer that you have, but only the Pilsner, and not the Premium. :Sad:

Cheers,

Jock.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back