Free Member
Dec 6, 2016
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 301
Exp
We are newbies
Hi everyone, Me and my husband Paul are new to motorhomes we decided to get one as we like to go places. Instead of paying a lot of money for hotels we thought that motorhomes were the better option. We would value other new motorhome owners opinions and experienced motorhome owners opinions of where to go and where not to go and winter camping

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands.

The world is a big place. You can go anywhere most vehicles can. It might be worth coming up with some thoughts of the type of place you'd like or what you like to do. I would say that across the chanel seems to be better for motorhoming. Less of the height barrier and -no overnighting- mentality.

.... p.s. To get the most from the forum you will need to subscribe. It's well worth £15 and will allow you to continue posting as well as letting you into areas that non members can't access.
Wyn

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Benimar mileo 301 Stealaway

Excellent choice.

The world is a big place. You can go anywhere most vehicles can. It might be worth coming up with some thoughts of the type of place you'd like or what you like to do. I would say that across the chanel seems to be better for motorhoming. Less of the height barrier and -no overnighting- mentality.

Just like he says above.
Have you been touring abroad at all?
Me and the wife are avid tourers, we never spend more than a couple of nights in one place (mostly wild camping), but many on here like to head for the sun and stay on sites.
So many different ways to use your van, the choice is yours. Let us know your preferences, there's loads of advise and knowledge on here.:cheers:

Where do you fancy going first??

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN, it's a great way of life, we find that we can go on holiday for at least twice as long in the Motorhome than self catering. :xgrin:

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
We've headed South for the Winter - to South-West Scotland. Very nice here. Decided on a change of motorhome while we were here.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi and :welcome3:.

Become a full member and browse some of the touring forums to get some ideas. Would suggest stay close-ish to home first couple of times while you get used to your new van but then you'll soon see opportunities and spread your wings. Try to get to a "meet" or two where you will find all sorts who are more than willing to share tips, advice (and sometimes even wine!).

As an example, we met a couple in Southern Spain who had only had their van 3 months - they joined there and then and came to Morocco with us!

Look out for the Funster sign on other vans and make yourselves known. Good luck and happy travels.

Dorset wanderer

Free Member
Oct 9, 2016
Blandford Forum
Funster No
MH
Geist Liberty Low Profile
Exp
since 2007
Welcome to Fun.

As for where to go there are lots of places here in the UK and further a field too, most of the continent is motorhome friendly, although like the UK, Spain isn't to friendly towards motorhomes.

But maybe the question should be where shouldn't I go in my motorhome, many coach built vans are not overly well insulated and certainly don't perform well in sub zero condition due to having their water tanks and pipes at risk of freezing, not sure what the Benimar's are like.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hi there and welcome to MHF:xThumb:.exciting times ahead for you,you made the right decision and you won't look back.
Brian & Jo

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back