Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
2 x years Travelling in Europe in our VW T6
Picked up our New MH on the 6th March and received a very thorough and pleasant handover from Highbridge. I must say Im so pleased with the quality of our MH especially after reading so many horror stories about Swift poor build quality, I know you always hear the bad on forums :eek: lol
I heard enough when I was on the VW T6 forum but not as many has the swift so I must confess I was getting a tad worried.
Anyway its currently on our driveway being thoroughly tested to make sure everything is working has it should (y) all good :giggle: No plans at the moment due to current situation we find ourselves in along with the rest of the world.
4b.jpg
5 Cab.jpg
11 Bedroom.jpg

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Hopefully we all buy a Motorhome that we love. It is a very pretty van. Unfortunately at the moment you may be more familiar with the looks of it than the performance.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
so many horror stories about Swift poor build quality,

Not without reason 10 years ago. There were monumental problems caused by design faults.

So when we bought a Sundance it was an uneasy feeling. The layout was superb, which is why we bought it. Then as I got to know it I could not fault the structure and build quality. The only place it was lacking compared to our Burstner was winterisation, so we we had to live with exposed tanks.

Oct 31, 2019
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 674
Exp
“ I’m a newbie”
Great van, we chose the 674 version and like you was worried regarding old comments about build etc, had a couple of issues on recalls but nothing else and very happy with ours. Enjoy (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We have owned five Swifts over the years.

The only one we had any real problems with was a ten year old Sundance we bought as a “taster” to see if we wanted to return to motorhoming after a few years away.

It suffered from the infamous “rotten floor” syndrome of its time, fortunately fixed under warranty.

Otherwise all were great and we covered high mileages.

Owned

Swift Royale, no major problems.
Swift Gazelle, one of the last of the production line. A lovely van. No problems. Traded in against an AutoSleeper, big mistake.
Swift Sundance, rotten floor syndrome, but ten years old at time.
Swift Esprit, fixed bed, nice motorhome. No problems.
Swift Select PVC, all the bells and whistles but overly complicated habitation electronics, (in my opinion). One recall by Swift for solar panel fixings. The electronics on the fridge control were problematic owing to a software issue, update sorted it. Otherwise no problems. Only changed to have a little more room available.

I would buy another Swift without hesitation. Enjoy!(y)

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
we had a swift bolero 2008 for about 8 months ! that doesnt mean there was any issues with it as there werent. we changed because we wanted a different layout - otherwise we would still have it !

it was a quality build as far as we were concerned and apparently top of the range

OP
OP
C33JAY

C33JAY

Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
This is what caught my eye, no excuse for wiring like that.

View attachment 378240
I'm not sure you can blame Swift for that, I had just quickly connected the TV to checked it was working ok on Mains and Leisure battery and hadn't bothered to tidy up the cables ?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
>>> Swift Escape

They have just renamed it Swift Lockdown.

Enjoy your driveway as never before.

Tonks68

Free Member
Mar 28, 2020
South East
Funster No
MH
Hopefully one day
Exp
I’m a newbie
I have owned 3 Swift Caravans over the years and the quality has generally been very good. I don’t know what their motorhomes are like or indeed how they compare to European models.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
our first coachbuilt was a swift escape 686, one of the first on a lightweight chassis, and at that time alco did not have a fix so you could fit a to bar in fact the registration and plate had no tow weight on them. Had it for almost 5 years changed because John wanted to take a motorbike with us.

Matt Alber

Free Member
Oct 15, 2019
The Wirral
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 674
Exp
Same as C33JAY we picked our new Swift an Escape 674 up on the 6th March but as it is our first MH we spent 2 nights at Blakemere to try and get used to the controls. After having spent the last month or so sat on the drive I realised both batteries were flat. Both batteries are now 100% charged but I now have an issue with the Swift Control Panel (EC800) most touch screen buttons are unresponsive or open another system and it now thinks it is a caravan.

I've tried switching the power unit off for 30 seconds (a dozen or more times) as per trouble shooting advice but alas no joy, does anyone know how to solve this or will I need to wait until lockdown and take it back to the dealer.

Matt Alber

Free Member
Oct 15, 2019
The Wirral
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 674
Exp
Sargent rang back this morning and as you said once explained it is quite simple to recalibrate the panel.

SixBerther

Banned
Apr 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
New Bailey Alliance
Exp
2 years
Looks very nice.

I guess as as the shutdown lifts their will be an armada of motorhomes heading down motorways!

Jul 26, 2019
Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
McLoius Fusion
Exp
Since 2019
Lovely motorhome. We are starting to fall in love with the 684,

Same steering wheel lock as ours. Hubby fits ours so as it’s pokes down onto the seat, makes it a bit of an effort for anyone to climb over it without sounding the horn.

I can always tell whenever he’s fitting or removing as inevitably he sounds the horn

Jul 26, 2019
Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
McLoius Fusion
Exp
Since 2019
Picked up our New MH on the 6th March and received a very thorough and pleasant handover from Highbridge. I must say Im so pleased with the quality of our MH especially after reading so many horror stories about Swift poor build quality, I know you always hear the bad on forums :eek: lol
I heard enough when I was on the VW T6 forum but not as many has the swift so I must confess I was getting a tad worried.
Anyway its currently on our driveway being thoroughly tested to make sure everything is working has it should (y) all good :giggle: No plans at the moment due to current situation we find ourselves in along with the rest of the world.View attachment 369922View attachment 369923View attachment 369924

Just wondering how you’re enjoying your 694? Hope you’ve managed to get out and about and enjoy it. Anything you would adapt or change?

OP
OP
C33JAY

C33JAY

Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Just wondering how you’re enjoying your 694? Hope you’ve managed to get out and about and enjoy it. Anything you would adapt or change?

Weve used it once which was great, thoroughly enjoyed our trip and time away (y)Unfortunately since then its been a bit of a Nightmare because its broken down twice and leaving me stranded on the M5 Motorway for 7 x hours (Fiat Camper Assist useless !) It took a month until a Fiat garage could see our van and now its sitting in a Fiat garage not being fixed because Fiat tell me there is no Low Pressure Fuel Pumps in the UK or Europe.
Ive now written a letter of complaint too Fiat / Swift & Highbridge where I purchased it from. Its a 5 month old MH with a total of 249 miles :cry:
Aswell as not having use of our MH weve had to cancel plans for 3 x trips away :cry::cry:

I wish I could of reported some good news :cry:

PS Too answer your question the Motorhome layout and Living with it when its working lol No I wouldnt change anything, perhaps change from Fiat to a Ford lol :ROFLMAO:

Rgds CJ

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Weve used it once which was great, thoroughly enjoyed our trip and time away (y)Unfortunately since then its been a bit of a Nightmare because its broken down twice and leaving me stranded on the M5 Motorway for 7 x hours (Fiat Camper Assist useless !) It took a month until a Fiat garage could see our van and now its sitting in a Fiat garage not being fixed because Fiat tell me there is no Low Pressure Fuel Pumps in the UK or Europe.
Ive now written a letter of complaint too Fiat / Swift & Highbridge where I purchased it from. Its a 5 month old MH with a total of 249 miles :cry:
Aswell as not having use of our MH weve had to cancel plans for 3 x trips away :cry::cry:

I wish I could of reported some good news :cry:

PS Too answer your question the Motorhome layout and Living with it when its working lol No I wouldnt change anything, perhaps change from Fiat to a Ford lol :ROFLMAO:

Rgds CJ
Is it too late to reject it? Not fit for purpose.

OP
OP
C33JAY

C33JAY

Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Is it too late to reject it? Not fit for purpose.

Im not absolutely sure but I think there is mileage pursuing that, ive read providing its under 6 months old which it is (y) Ive let all interested parties no thats what I will persue unless they get there finger out of there As... !

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
No Fuel Pumps in Europe, nonsense these vehicles are running through a production line has it stopped l very much doubt it, therefore,they a.re still building engines and the last time l looked they all had Fuel Pumps attached.
Put some serious pressure on the supplier re my first post and get to work on Fiat UK, send a press release to all the Newspapers they love this sort of thing that will gee them up.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Citizens Advice will tell you your Legal position regarding rejection and live no doubt a Funster will be on anytime soon that’s had a similar experience.Good Luck your situation is diabolical.

Jul 26, 2019
Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
McLoius Fusion
Exp
Since 2019
Hi CJ

really sorry to hear about the issue and I hope Fiat get it sorted ASAP so you can get back out in it. Is it the garage that has said there is no fuel pumps available or Fiats head office? I think I would be going back to the dealers as well to kick up a storm though easier said than done when it’s someone else. Hopefully someone in here will have had some experience that they can pass on to you soon

OP
OP
C33JAY

C33JAY

Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Hi CJ

really sorry to hear about the issue and I hope Fiat get it sorted ASAP so you can get back out in it. Is it the garage that has said there is no fuel pumps available or Fiats head office? I think I would be going back to the dealers as well to kick up a storm though easier said than done when it’s someone else. Hopefully someone in here will have had some experience that they can pass on to you soon

Thanks (y) Its the Garage telling me their is No Fuel Pumps available and Fiat Camper Assist called me some 3 days later to advise me the same :ROFLMAO: Bless them :ROFLMAO:
Ive written Complaint Letters to Fiat Head Office / Swift & the supplying dealer so we will see what their response is if any.

Rgds CJ

OP
OP
C33JAY

C33JAY

Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Thanks to all those that had sympathy with our situation :giggle:(y)

Update: After writing to the Supplying Dealer / Fiat & Swift all of which have responded. Our Swift has been successfully rejected under the sale of goods act 2015, it remains on the dealers forecourt still waiting for a fuel pump 3 weeks in now.
Weve got all our money as a credit towards another New MoHome which we have already placed our name against due to arrive Oct/Nov, so when it arrives if we like it then the deal will be done if not then the money moves to another van of our choice.

Rgds CJ :giggle:

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Thanks to all those that had sympathy with our situation :giggle:(y)

Update: After writing to the Supplying Dealer / Fiat & Swift all of which have responded. Our Swift has been successfully rejected under the sale of goods act 2015, it remains on the dealers forecourt still waiting for a fuel pump 3 weeks in now.
Weve got all our money as a credit towards another New MoHome which we have already placed our name against due to arrive Oct/Nov, so when it arrives if we like it then the deal will be done if not then the money moves to another van of our choice.

Rgds CJ :giggle:
Fantastic result

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back