New Swift Escape (1 Viewer)

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Thanks to all those that had sympathy with our situation :giggle:(y)

Update: After writing to the Supplying Dealer / Fiat & Swift all of which have responded. Our Swift has been successfully rejected under the sale of goods act 2015, it remains on the dealers forecourt still waiting for a fuel pump 3 weeks in now.
Weve got all our money as a credit towards another New MoHome which we have already placed our name against due to arrive Oct/Nov, so when it arrives if we like it then the deal will be done if not then the money moves to another van of our choice.

Rgds CJ :giggle:
Brilliant result after l presume many sleepless nights you have finally resolved it and will get what want.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Well done C33JAY - a good result indeed.

It seems that the sport of rejecting vans is becoming ever more popular these days so the dealers must be getting a wee bit more nervous about their future business.

It's good to see IMO as it's about time that manufacturers got the message to build better quality units.

Anyway, well done.

Andrew

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
But you haven't got your money back, just a credit note against another van. You have nothing to negotiate with on the next van. You will be paying book prices.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C33JAY

C33JAY

Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
2 x years Travelling in Europe in our VW T6
But you haven't got your money back, just a credit note against another van. You have nothing to negotiate with on the next van. You will be paying book prices.

We are looking at another Brand new Van which will be 2021 model year with changes over the 2020 model year so I doubt very much they will consider discounts just my opinion and some experience. We are without me going into detail being looked after by the supplying Dealer (Highbridge) and Fiat Customer Services in Italy (y)

Rgds CJ

OP
OP
C33JAY

C33JAY

Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Its been a while but we are near the finish line after rejecting our Swift motorhome back in September of last year, and the world going from worse to worse during that time with this pandemic, hopefully we are coming out the other end (y) Anyway here is our New Van :cool: The same size as the Swift 7.5 mtrs
1 - Ruby.JPG
2 - Ruby.JPG
3 - Ruby.JPG

OP
OP
C33JAY

C33JAY

Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
...but his problem was with the Fiat base vehicle, not Swift's build quality.
And this is another Fiat :unsure:

But, nevertheless, I hope you're well chuffed with the new van.
Yes indeed another Fiat :rolleyes: I accept I was probably just unlucky with my Ducato :unsure: and Importantly for me within my budget I want the 9 x speed Auto again its a great gearbox, plus this has given me the opportunity to buy something better built, my Swift was shoddy on the finish mostly in the places you dont normally see but it didnt let me down but it had only done 249 miles :LOL:

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
amazes me how a fiat dealer with vans in stock can say they have no fuel pumps in the days of customer servoice the would have borrowed one from a stock vehicle

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
Bloody hell, if this is the new Swift I'll have onešŸ˜‰šŸ˜Š

Seriously though enjoy, as you certainly deserve it after all your trials and tribulations.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back