New File Added: Chinese 7'' Truck Satnav Manual (1 Viewer)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I am also keen on reading your review, after your Bristol trip Callum. :thumb:

When touring in the MH, I use MS Autoroute on the laptop to plan routes, and then transfer coordinates for my preferred route, to the Sat Nav so that it takes me where I want to go, and not where it thinks I want to go. Great for the Aires and Stellplatz. :Smile:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
I am aware that you would need to load an operating system onto your PC /tablet which is why I asked Navibuz if the Sat nav came with a CD. Obviously I now know that it doesn't.
I use a Garmin unit at the moment which is waterproof and comes with mountings for the bike and the van so I swap between the two. When I'm at home I use the Garmin Mapsource to plot routes on my PC. There are several reasons for doing this. First and foremost is the fact that it is so much easier to use the PC than the tablet. Second, if I know in advance where we are going it makes sense to plot it beforehand and save time on the days of travel. Sometimes I will also have another programme such as Autoroute running and will compare alternative routes. Or I might be looking at travel "sights" and decide if a town is worth making a detour for and then easily switch back to route plotting. I will also sometimes break the route down into sections and at points along that route I might have alternatives for certain sections. To illustrate this we can take the example of the bridge being down at Rouen. You could arrive there not knowing if the bridge has been repaired but if it hasn't you could have alternative routes planned dependent on where you meet the traffic jams. I tend to use multi choices mostly when I am taking a group of bikers out on a run. Pre-planned alternative sections gives me the ability to change the ride out in the event of bad weather or unenforced delays thus keeping everyone happy. I find that this is best done in the comfort of home on a full sized PC. I hope I have explained that clearly.

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Something el I forgot to mention is that I will also often have Google Earth running at the same time that I am route planning and I will zoom into junctions etc to check out the suitability for a motorhome and trailer and if it's tight I will choose a different option.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Something el I forgot to mention is that I will also often have Google Earth running at the same time that I am route planning and I will zoom into junctions etc to check out the suitability for a motorhome and trailer and if it's tight I will choose a different option.

Thanks, seems an interesting pastime.

However, I put the length, height, width, weight and whether I have a trailer on (or not) into the satnav - key in ignition and off I go.
That really is the beauty of this type of satnav it looks at the route beforehand and warns you to the potential and if you do approach a 'restriction' you get an alternative and usually a little more up to date than google earth so could help.
:thumb:

Trikeman. :winky:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Whe initially planning, I like using Google's Street View for similar purposes, ie, familiarise myself with the final approach to our destination, gateways, low branches, bus stops, etc, etc...........oh yes, and any pubs nearby. :roflmto:

Cheers,

Jock.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We all have different ways of working. I usually have only the vaguest plan of which direction I want to go in, and I just put my proposed destination (which sometimes may change during the journey) into the Satnav, (specifying no toll roads, and sometimes no motorways) and off I go. Route planning is negligible.

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Whe initially planning, I like using Google's Street View for similar purposes, ie, familiarise myself with the final approach to our destination, gateways, low branches, bus stops, etc, etc...........oh yes, and any pubs nearby. :roflmto:

Cheers,

Jock.

That's what I meant when I said Google Earth. :Smile:

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
Ooh Ooh Ooh new stuff!!!

There was me looking at the £329.99 Tom Tom on Argos when the great people on Fun show me an alternative...

Where do I buy it? What do I buy to get a out of the box solution? I looked at Navibuzz.com but that's a dead website.

Help! :shout:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back