New camperstop near Cartagena (1 Viewer)

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
David, I and I suspect every other member on here is unable to ascertain if the shit house on a campsite has proper connections but guess there noses would soon detect faulty ones! As for the shit house connections being properly insured that would be a matter for the campsite owner and I'm sure, this does not keep too many members awake during the wee small hours of the night pondering this worrying conundrum. However, I know of a number of very successful campsites in Spain that are making money hand over fist and turning away customers during the winter months because they are booked out and charge well under 15€. In fact, I stayed on one for a month in February this year and it cost me 10€ per day (all in) with unlimited 10 Amp lecce. The campsite had a restaurant, swimming pool, hot water all day long for showers and washing and cleaning maintenance staff who worked there every day and kept the place gleaming. The campsite is immaculate and booked out every year. Don't ask for details as they will not be forthcoming. (for obvious reasons) However, I'm now concerned that at 10€ per day, there shit house may not have proper connections or they may not be insured. I'll email them but suspect they may not understand what I'm talking about. I'll get back to you with their reply.
I’m sure they have a shithouse that works Phil, unlike you my little FLT poopkin!:):whistle:(y)

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Tell me about it Peter, simple mistakes are becoming the norm for me, especially when typing on a keyboard. You would think this should concern me and does it! Does it **** ! :dance2::dance2::dance2:
I was in Specsavers the other day Phil, some guy walked in and asked for a steak and kidney pie!

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Confucius he say Only a fool would use electric if he doesn’t need it!(n)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
the one's that i have come across PhilandMena are just tight and have even admitted it to me there's no pockets in shrouds
There will be some rich kids about when they pop their clogs,,,Mine will get nowt i think,,Didn't earn it to give it away,,,Selfish or wat,,,:LOL::LOL:

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Waster! You need to come on a trip with @Busman Dave and I. We will show you the finer arts of cost effective luxury camping on a shoe string. (Even though your recognised as a fully fledged FLT).
Just downloaded a new app Food banks of Great Britain, that should keep the running costs down :)

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Good to see you poping up on here again Simon. How are you two keeping ? Well I hope. Mena sends here love. Safe travels.

Good mate, I tend to hibernate in winter, then start scrabbling and scratching around looking for my nuts about April, although I do get off in the van when somethings occurring. I keep my eye on the forum but life’s too short to venture forth with extensive opinions on my view of the world, I like the fun aspect like you, why bother trying to explain to people that perhaps being an FLT if needed, gives you the freedom to do what you want, I go where I want to be at any one time, if it’s free it’s free, if it’s a site I pay, if it’s a pub.....well you know the drill, I’ve stayed on some of the best car parks and lay-bys in Europe, with more facilities than some of the events/sites that I’ve paid for (some with you my old pixie) I like the idea of Daves @Busman app though:) so I try not to break rule 1, I’d be spending my time saying f*ck you to people (not you of course my little R2D2) hope to meet up soon, and love to you and Mena. :giggle:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Amazing !!:unsure:o_O
I can't see how you can ask a question & when a member replies with the answer blame them for being offended by the term?
Very odd ,I think I'll go to bed.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Bye.GIF

romany

Free Member
Jul 3, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax aurura xl
Exp
since 2014 camping since1968
Well what a response to an original post just informing people of a new stop over. As regards the cost well again the poster very helpfully included that information which then allows anyone to make up their own mind whether they wish to use it or not.

I also believe in freedom of speech so as long as people are polite in their response I also see no problem with that.

I suppose I would be regarded as an FLT I have been since 1961 (yep that old ) when I first went camping in the next door farmers field for nowt aged 7 (y) I still phone local farmers where I wish to go if there are no cheap sites in the area and see if they will allow an overnight stop for a small fee,
I work on the basis that I have all the equipment to be self sufficient (expensive) and prefer to pay money in restaurants and going out.

I make it my golden rule never to pay more than 15.00 for a site 2 years ago I had to up my 10.00 limit to that :cry:

I do firmly believe that the two big clubs are now taking the mick out of their so called club status with their charges when independent sites are now as good and so much cheaper so am no longer a member of either but thats probably another thread.

So thanks to the first poster very informative post, and to those who are getting heated, live and let live their not stopping you from camping as you wish and you won't stop them from camping as they wish.

As my Gran used to say "If we were all the same what a bloody boring world it would be" Oops are you allowed to swear on this forum :whistle:

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
The question was asked because I was called a FLT and was unaware of the term, I found the response offensive and I find your follow up even more so. I now feel that if you are the representative of what my wife and I thought was a friendly group, it is now time to spit out my dummy and go away, so moderators, please remove us from the couple of meets that we have signed up to
I apologise to those who have become friends, perhaps we will meet up on other motorhome groups, but alas not on this one
I really am struggling to understand why you want to spit out your dummy (your phrase not mine). You asked what FLT meant and Sandra told you. She was answering your question, not calling you that name. That is why she quoted your question before answering it.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
@peterc10 Read the first 2 lines of his last post.
Seems a bit weird to me...., the situation that is.
Just thought I’d clarify that or next I will be getting accused of calling him weird.:LOL:

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Well what a response to an original post just informing people of a new stop over. As regards the cost well again the poster very helpfully included that information which then allows anyone to make up their own mind whether they wish to use it or not.

I also believe in freedom of speech so as long as people are polite in their response I also see no problem with that.

I suppose I would be regarded as an FLT I have been since 1961 (yep that old ) when I first went camping in the next door farmers field for nowt aged 7 (y) I still phone local farmers where I wish to go if there are no cheap sites in the area and see if they will allow an overnight stop for a small fee,
I work on the basis that I have all the equipment to be self sufficient (expensive) and prefer to pay money in restaurants and going out.

I make it my golden rule never to pay more than 15.00 for a site 2 years ago I had to up my 10.00 limit to that :cry:

I do firmly believe that the two big clubs are now taking the mick out of their so called club status with their charges when independent sites are now as good and so much cheaper so am no longer a member of either but thats probably another thread.

So thanks to the first poster very informative post, and to those who are getting heated, live and let live their not stopping you from camping as you wish and you won't stop them from camping as they wish.

As my Gran used to say "If we were all the same what a bloody boring world it would be" Oops are you allowed to swear on this forum :whistle:

Thank you.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
@peterc10 Read the first 2 lines of his last post.
Seems a bit weird to me...., the situation that is.
Just thought I’d clarify that or next I will be getting accused of calling him weird.:LOL:
Sandra, you sent me on a wild goose chase to find it, and then you say
Well looks like the dummy has gone and so have his posts from Nov 18th onwards.

Just wasting my time you are ............................ :D2

I suspect @Jim has removed them because they constitute too long a goodbye .............................

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back