New camperstop near Cartagena (1 Viewer)

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
It’s in a very quiet area so probably only okay for a stopover, not far from what they call the ghost motorway which is the AP7 which we were on yesterday in a coach and it was almost totally empty.
Edit : The road that is not the coach:)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
No wonder it's quiet at that price

LOL I just looked at this place. They must be hoping for a shed load of naive newbies to vist........who have shed loads of money too.

for heavens sake guys it is €15, with all services including internet

I don't know if this is expensive for the area or Spain in general but it seems very fair to me (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Taken from a Facebook site.

Screenshot_20181118-195413.png

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
for heavens sake guys it is €15, with all services including internet
Yep, I wouldn't pay that much. Don't need showers and loo, carry my own washing machine.
Last trip I finished a few days ago, if you have been following it you will know I spent a total of €36 on 39 nights camping.:)

15€ with all services is expensive ? I took a French group to the U.K. 2017 and could not get anything under £18 and that was a special rate for a group !!
Don't do the UK too expensive.

Last edited:

Deleted User
Yep, I wouldn't pay that much. Don't need showers and loo Carry my own washing machine.
Last trip I finished a few days ago, if you have been following it you will know I spent a total of €36 on 39 nights camping.:)

Don't do the UK too expensive.

Of course being a FLT is nothing to do with the cost:).........no idea how much i spent on sites on my last trip.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Yep, I wouldn't pay that much. Don't need showers and loo Carry my own washing machine.

I did follow most of your trip but not any costs summary but would guess on top of the site costs would be £500 + on fuel, similar on food as a minimum, possibly same amount again on depreciation

I have no problem with staying on a free aire at all, but equally would not drive past such a facility as this for the sake of £14, we have used Spanish sites and can't recall ever paying under €20

Each to their own, but yet again negativity on someone elses thread isn't needed and certainly isn't helpful IMO o_O

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
That's why it is called the "ghost highway":rofl:
Only because you locals are too tight to use it.:D
Anyway it will be toll-free in a couple of years as will the rest of the AP7 if what I’ve read is right.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
The thing is, as you become more experienced and aware of what Spain (and other E.U. countries) have to offer by way motorhome stay over places (and by that I mean Campsites, Aires, and Wilding places). One can find some very good places including campsites with all the facilities one would need for far less than 15€ and in many places, one can stay with required facilities for free and/or 4-5 €. That means at least 10 or more € to spend on other stuff like beer, wine, more beer and perhaps some more wine. Believe it or not there are loads of these places throughout Spain. One of the benefits of being a FLT is knowing where these places are and not sharing their location with anyone else. Suck it up LOL

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Waster! You need to come on a trip with @Busman Dave and I. We will show you the finer arts of cost effective luxury camping on a shoe string. (Even though your recognised as a fully fledged FLT).

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
@PhilandMena they are very fair points, but who on earth can provide a legal, fully insured, proper sewer connections etc facility for less than €15, I am all for cheap, but they surely cant last at that kind of rate per night, unless catering for 100's and then you can keep them (y)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
@PhilandMena they are very fair points, but who on earth can provide a legal, fully insured, proper sewer connections etc facility for less than €15, I am all for cheap, but they surely cant last at that kind of rate per night, unless catering for 100's and then you can keep them (y)
David, I and I suspect every other member on here is unable to ascertain if the shit house on a campsite has proper connections but guess there noses would soon detect faulty ones! As for the shit house connections being properly insured that would be a matter for the campsite owner and I'm sure, this does not keep too many members awake during the wee small hours of the night pondering this worrying conundrum. However, I know of a number of very successful campsites in Spain that are making money hand over fist and turning away customers during the winter months because they are booked out and charge well under 15€. In fact, I stayed on one for a month in February this year and it cost me 10€ per day (all in) with unlimited 10 Amp lecce. The campsite had a restaurant, swimming pool, hot water all day long for showers and washing and cleaning maintenance staff who worked there every day and kept the place gleaming. The campsite is immaculate and booked out every year. Don't ask for details as they will not be forthcoming. (for obvious reasons) However, I'm now concerned that at 10€ per day, there shit house may not have proper connections or they may not be insured. I'll email them but suspect they may not understand what I'm talking about. I'll get back to you with their reply.

oppy

Free Member
Nov 8, 2014
Glossop, North Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built Lunar
Exp
5 years
Ah right, so I suppose it's time for me to leave, thank you folks, from a rather upset FLT

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Ah right, so I suppose it's time for me to leave, thank you folks, from a rather upset FLT
I am also a FLT and proud of it too. There will always be some members on here who have little regard for the likes of me and other FLT's. Such is life! However, I am of the view the very best of the membership on this forum are FLT's and it's been my absolute pleasure to be in their company and I look forward to being in their company again. Even if the shit house connection is leaking and uninsured.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I'm happy with what people want to do but I don't like FLT's condemning a good site because they view it expensive which it is not! everything is relative.
Some people especially wives prefer the perception of a safe location and facilities are a bonus. 15€ is very good and good luck to the site owners :clap2:thank you

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back